• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of The Fallen | Review Thread

What scores do you think Lords of The Fallen will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 32 13.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 58 23.8%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 83 34.0%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 48 19.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Madflavor

Oh shit. Wasn't this suppose to reboot the IP?

"Oh Lords of the Fallen 2014? That was just a prototype. This is Lords of the Fallen 2. No. This is Lords of the Fallen. The REAL Lords of the Fallen. We've come a long way and we're ready to release this banger."

agrXXzC.png

John Bilbo

Interesting to see so mixed reviews. I'll wait and see the Steam user reviews. I've got lots of other games to play at the moment so I'm in no rush.

phant0m

Highlights what sound like some pretty serious performance issues - UE5 punishing consoles again.

Yet here’s a “souls fanatic” giving it a 9. If I know anything about Souls fans they are very sensitive about performance. There is hell to pay if you fuck up their I-frames.

9/10 on games.cz, from a huge souls fanatic

Wonder if the eurogamer reviewer just needs to git gud?

Valt7786

Yet here’s a “souls fanatic” giving it a 9. If I know anything about Souls fans they are very sensitive about performance. There is hell to pay if you fuck up their I-frames.

It's Ed Nightingale and the game isn't full of oppressed minorities and identity politics so of course he didn't like it.

BbMajor7th

Gold Member

I don't reach Czech, but it's possible they're on different platforms. A few others highlighted performance issues on PS5.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I wanna play it still but not for $60. Not on Game Pass by any chance so I can at least try it out?

Fabieter

Oof it dropped massively in a few minutes, still tempted tho... We will see

Most seem to hate that its basically dark souls. No one cared that lies of p is poor mans Bloodborne tho. I will get it anyway, but I must say the score is surprising.

Zheph

Most seem to hate that its basically dark souls. No one cared that lies of p is poor mans Bloodborne tho. I will get it anyway, but I must say the score is surprising.
I read yesterday that Yharnam is not as good as Hotel Krat, I just can't... novelty is really turning heads

More dark souls sounds good to me but it seems to be a mix of technical issues, potentially being too easy? I tried to watch nothing but might have to check properly before dropping the coins on it

Gaiff

You can get it for around $40 on PC.
Even for that price I'm weary. I bought the first one for that price and ended up never playing it past the first few hours because it's just so bad. It seemed like they learned a few things with this one but based on what I'm hearing so far, it might not be the case.

I don't put too much stock in reviews but having already played the original one and a few of their games, I'm cautious.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

Arachnid

Ooof. Glad I waited to preorder. 80+ would be a buy but right now it's uncomfortably close to the 60s. Lies of P for a while longer it is.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Like the Original, you should grab this on a sale when they eventually release the Ultimate Edition for $5

Fabieter

I read yesterday that Yharnam is not as good as Hotel Krat, I just can't... novelty is really turning heads

More dark souls sounds good to me but it seems to be a mix of technical issues, potentially being too easy? I tried to watch nothing but might have to check properly before dropping the coins on it

It's on a 77 on pc so it's probably mostly tech issues on consoles.

Wow at the first part that's blasphemy.

Gaiff

75 (28 reviews) on PC vs 71 (17 reviews). This is a rare disparity. It's not a massive gap but I wonder if there's a reason for the PC version to score better. Maybe the bad reviews were out sooner on PC?

Last edited:

Denton

To be fair the guy who gave 9 did mention that the game has framerate drops ocasionally - like you can play large stretch for hours at stable 60 and then enter some room and it drops to 30. He hopes patches will fix it up. It did not destroy the experience, but it was annoying. He played on PC (9900K, RTX 4080 - so those drops might have been CPU related).

Denton

Another czech review from soulshead, this one played PS5 version and gave it 8

He mostly complained about the game being a bit too close to souls games and about some technical issues (but he says most were cleared up by patches during review process).

Top Bottom