• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTT has built a PC that outperforms PS5 at the same price point

Topher

Gold Member
Yeah it's almost like we should give up this dumb ass argument and just admit pcs inherently have a higher upfront price to obtain similar console performance, & will never match the price to performance of a console.

Theres no shame in spending 1k for a nice pc to get the best gaming experience. They have the upfront cost, we have the lifetime value, you can't win both, go home bros

No shame with anyone spending their hard earned dollar any way they want. If they want the best value then great. The thing is value is completely subjective. What I find to be of value, others may not, and vice versa.

PCMR whinning is so fun to read

So is console whining.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I watched the video.

Other dude is stood there smiling on pause screen on PS5.

Linus is scratching his head about why HDR doesn’t show up or work.

Eventually figures it out in one game to be broken in another.

This is pretty much pc gaming.
Is hdr actually this bad on pc because Linus admitted that Intel gpus don't have good hdr compared to Nvidia and amd

Also I thought windows 11 fixed the hdr problems with auto hdr. Idk I don't actually own an hdr display

Topher

Gold Member
I watched the video.

Other dude is stood there smiling on pause screen on PS5.

Linus is scratching his head about why HDR doesn’t show up or work.

Eventually figures it out in one game to be broken in another.

This is pretty much pc gaming.

Imagine anyone coming to broad conclusions based on this video.

Kill Me Smh GIF

Zathalus

Imagine anyone coming to broad conclusions based on this video.

Kill Me Smh GIF
Yeah, all of the issues are due to the asinine decision to go with a Intel card of all things. You'd only buy that thing if you are a power user and really want to be special.

StueyDuck

wait... so technology that releases later and eventually becomes cheaper as newer tech comes out is possible?!?

Surely this is some sort of voodoo magic.

Topher

Gold Member
Yeah, all of the issues are due to the asinine decision to go with a Intel card of all things. You'd only buy that thing if you are a power user and really want to be special.

The video should have a "parody" tag at the beginning so some poor ignorant sap doesn't actually try to build this thing because he didn't watch all the way to the end.

twilo99

I don’t care how 4K HDR your TV is. I wouldn’t want to have to use Vaseline mode to achieve 60fps - which isn’t even a high frame rate in 2024.

all of that despite the fact that most games are made for the PS5 and then ported to PC, so technically this is very much "optimized" for console hardware ... imagine if it was the other way around...

There is only so much you can do to mask the grossly outdated hardware inside the plastic boxes, and if you care about advancement in graphics, supporting the current console paradigm is counter productive.

How would GTA 6 look if it was targeting a 4070 super instead of a PlayStation?

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Can? Yes. Is it common? For most, no. If someone gets a virus on their PC in this day and age then it is because they did something they should not have done. This doesn't happen randomly. It is a result of a specific action.

This right here. I just have Windows Defender and Malware Bytes, and I’ve never encountered a problem.

If you got something it’s because of you. It doesn’t just happen for no reason.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
all of that despite the fact that most games are made for the PS5 and then ported to PC, so technically this is very much "optimized" for console hardware ... imagine if it was the other way around...

If it was the other way around and Sony gave Naughty Dog a 4090 and said go wild, we’d be looking at the next, next Gen games.

twilo99

If it was the other way around and Sony gave Naughty Dog a 4090 and said go wild, we’d be looking at the next, next Gen games.

We would be looking at a proper “generational leap”

Instead it’s 2024 and we got games like Starfield running at 30fps and DF recommending you play Final Fantasy at 30fps … sad state of affairs

Pedro Motta

You can also say that 3.5 years later console doesn't cost less but more, first time in history.

PS4 got price cut in 2016 with slim version, 3 years after release. Older consoles had massive price reductions.
Why would they, when you can't build a PC for the same price yet?

sachos

most of the time the pc will struggle with driver problems, stuttering and other neverending problems.
Now, i don't think this stuff happens MOST of the time but it's funny nonetheless that the video literally exemplifies all these things, its clear many did not watch it before commenting lol. Intel Driver issues making 1% frametime/stuttering a problem in Death Stranding and making Ratchet crash, HDR issues in most games.

Last edited:
Is that video meant to be serious? No controller and no BR drive?

Also which of the PC ports of PS4 games are optimized enough to run as well on this PC, compared to a PS5?

And then you probably have to wait for most PlayStation titles anyway at least a year longer…

eerik9000

Who the fuck cares about a blu-ray drive on PC lmao?
Well, I do, but I think the main issue is that LTT chose the disc drive model as the price target, while driveless digital model goes for $50-100 dollars cheaper. And as others have already mentioned, used PS5s are even cheaper, so the whole comparison is kind of pointless and misleading.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

It’s a nice clickbait and got me to watch.

But the ps5 has also been out for 3 years, I got the digital one for $400 at launch not $500, the PS5 pro is coming soon, PC has to wait like a year for Sony exclusives, and they even had issues setting their PC up to play these games. They didn’t even include the price of their giant ass PC case.

Belthazar

I know tech YouTubers thrive on clickbait, but misleading your viewers really isn't the best move.

First of all a digital PS5 is $400 ($450 for the Slim), not $500. And if you're gonna thrift your way through used parts for your PC build you should really limit your price point to what a used digiital PS5 goes for on ebay... Which is around $300 at most.

Belthazar

That would never be the case, any publisher will go: make a game that is able to run well and look good on a 3060. Because, you know... They want the game to actually sell.

It seems that the console business is changing, PS5 has not dropped in price since launch in 2020, while the PC market has returned to normalized pricing after the crypto crash.

Right now is much more profitable a PC to play, not only you can get one for the price of practically a console, but you have free online, much cheaper games, mods, community patches, free games without subscriptions (epic games), access to all xbox day 1 exclusives, access to almost all playstation exclusives, the entire PC catalog, gamepass, emulation, freedom to use any type of controller, multiple screens or ultrawide....

So my question is what is the excuse now for console gamers?

Some people just want to plug and play. Brand recognition. Also some have bought into an ecosystem already. Exclusives.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Don't think so. Technology has far outpaced what developers can do with it. The big problems now are time and budget. Naudghty Dog would take 8 years to develop a game that takes full advantage of something like a 4090 and by then, we'd have something like an 8090 on the shelves.

Top Bottom