• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAD MAX |OT| Beyond Thunderpoon

BiggNife

The way fairly large places didn't get review copies, but these little no name places have reviews up before the embargo makes me want to see some proof they even have the game lol

Pretty sure some stores broke street date, and if you didn't get the game from the publisher you're not beholden to the embargo so these small sites rushed to get their reviews up before everyone else to generate clicks.

The downside to this is that the reviews themselves come off sloppy and rushed so I'm having a hard time trusting them.

The way fairly large places didn't get review copies, but these little no name places have reviews up before the embargo makes me want to see some proof they even have the game lol

The Games Cabin said:
Disclaimer: This review was conducted using a retail copy of the game that was paid for at the reviewers expense because somebody forgot to send us a code.

As BiggNife says, stores are breaking street date all over the place.

TI82

Banned
Sooner the reviews are live the better....but I think this game will get lost in the MGS: 5 shadow...

Definitely, expecting 7-8/10 but mgs and fallout 4 are the GOTYs so its just going to suffer. Should have come out 2 weeks ago.

Definity

[*] Max on foot is not the most responsive character to control. Fees like JC2 at times. And he can't jump, he just hops... I hate it when games don't have a dedicated jump (button).
[/LIST]
I wish there were sensitivity settings we could control while on foot. It can get a little clumsy when you try to climb a ladder or get close enough to pick something up. I've gotten used to it though.

Fjordson

This is exactly what I am expecting.

They will nail down the atmosphere and world/gameplay of Mad Max.
But fail on the story side.

Which is fine, I just want to drive around blow stuff up and survive the storms.
Exactly lol. I just want to get into good ol' car combat.

Certinty

Well I took the risk and got this trading in some old games.

Holy shit! This is good! Only put an hour into it but besides the voice acting, story and character faces everything else is really damn good.

M.W.

Well I took the risk and got this trading in some old games.

Holy shit! This is good! Only put an hour into it but besides the voice acting, story and character faces everything else is really damn good.

Keep seeing these good impressions! Can't wait for 9pm!

Certinty

The thing I hate the absolute most with this game is how after you interact with something you get a black screen and then get to control your character again. It should all be seamless.

dEvAnGeL

i clicked play on steam and started unpacking and i was like damn! little 20 second countdown, when it got to zero it shows error, game not unlocked yet :(

Hip Hop

Sooner the reviews are live the better....but I think this game will get lost in the MGS: 5 shadow...

Yeah, even if it reviewed pretty well, it would have been left in the shadows anyway.

The game is getting sent to the slaughter.

Simo

Simo - here are a couple more screenshots that show the controls for the video and photo editor in the game. The tool basically gives you all kinds of options like filters, logos, hud disable, etc. and then you use the share feature of the console to take the screenshot or start recording the video. I've still not had a chance to get someone use a second controller to control the camera while I play:

Awesome! Thank you and I'll throw it in the OP!

Are you fucking kidding me? That is one of the coolest things I've seen. The second player can act a camera operator. Aspiring movie directors: take note. :p

Anyone order from Best Buy's site? My copy still hasn't shipped yet. I'm in Michigan. Anyone else running into this?

Hey fellow Michigander! I'm close to Ann Arbor but getting it from GameStop. Just bummed there's no midnight release. :(

Funny how everything seems to be giving WB Games shit because they're "sending Mad Max out to die" when they announced the release date BEFORE MGSV but whatevs. Variety is a good thing right?

I've been on a media/neogaf blackout on this game since I bought it for 30 bucks off gmg

I'm sure topic will double as the performance topic since its not a big enough game.

Stiler

Yeah, why wouldn't they have the interceptor in the game? Even if you can modify things it seems strange they wouldn't have his iconic car or allow you to find it/make it.

Simo

So can I build the Interceptor or what?

Yes, although the means and when aren't clear. Avalanche said you'd be able to drive it but you'll have to "earn it".

My take? Max's personal Magnum Opus is the V8 Interceptor which you'll find or build at the end of the game to unlock.

SJRB

Gold Member
Yes, although the means and when aren't clear. Avalanche said you'd be able to drive it but you'll have to "earn it".

My take? Max's personal Magnum Opus is the V8 Interceptor which you'll find or build at the end of the game to unlock.

Well that's great news. I just want to drive and explore the Wastelands and scavange stuff, you know? The souped up bumper car combat aspect is actually the least appealing part of the game for me.

That's what I think too.

Egg0

Banned
I read an earlier impression saying that you can look for loot inside the storms. Is there a penalty for dying in a storm or dying in general?

SJRB

Gold Member
Watching a stream right now, fully upgraded Max looks like a Gears of War character haha, holy shit.

Simo

I read an earlier impression saying that you can look for loot inside the storms. Is there a penalty for dying in a storm or dying in general?

No you just respawn at the nearest checkpoint be it a vantage point used or stronghold. Yeah in the storms you'll see loot crates flying around with the debris that you can hook on to and break into to gain more items.

Drewfonse

I think I might get this instead of Metal Gear. The more I see of MM, the more I like.

Quite the opposite of Metal Gear. Grinding for mother base? No thanks.

Xander51

Just Cause 2 was my favorite game of 2010 and I love the Mad Max franchise, so I'm ridiculously excited for this. Can't wait for the PC version to unlock later. Just Cause 2 was great on PC so I'm optimistic.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Really tempted to get this before October, but to be honest, it's pointless. Have MGS to play then FIFA later in the month and I need to pay off bills.

Sad times

How are the load times btw on consoles?

Just Cause 2 was my favorite game of 2010 and I love the Mad Max franchise, so I'm ridiculously excited for this. Can't wait for the PC version to unlock later. Just Cause 2 was great on PC so I'm optimistic.

2010 has been my favorite year in gaming of the last 10 years. 2015 might tie it though. I don't know how many dozens of hours I played JC2 with the superman/bolo mod, but it was a hell of an experience.

Someone over there on Steam needs to trip and hit the activation button.

DeeDee.gif

My GOD.. It's RAGE, but done well!

I never really had too close of a look at this until now (which is terrible, since i'm Aussie), but god-damn, if I'm not picking this up as soon as I can!

My GOD.. It's R̶A̶G̶E̶ Mad Max, but done well!

I never really had too close of a look at this until now (which is terrible, since i'm Aussie), but god-damn, if I'm not picking this up as soon as I can!

Ftfy. Rage wanted to be Mad Max.

Thank the Nvidia Gods.

SLI Profile GET! YAY!

Hell yeah, I just updated my self. Any mention of a profile for your 690 in the patch notes?

stufte

Ftfy. Rage wanted to be Mad Max.

Hell yeah, I just updated my self. Any mention of a profile for your 690 in the patch notes?

The regular SLI profiles work just fine with my 690 and I haven't seen a specific mention of the 690 in the driver notes in a long time.

Top Bottom