• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden PSP screens are here

newsguy

madden-nfl-06-20050713042611650.jpg

madden-nfl-06-20050713042612103.jpg

madden-nfl-06-20050713042612462.jpg

madden-nfl-06-20050713042612806.jpg

madden-nfl-06-20050713042614462.jpg

madden-nfl-06-20050713042614852.jpg

madden-nfl-06-20050713042615243.jpg

Well, now we know what Madden would have looked like on the DC.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I imagine the models are still place holder? Their arms look like poorly textured wooden planks!

belgurdo

Banned
this is what happens when you have no competition, people. Should have intervened while you still had the chance...

Ironclad

Mejilan said:
I imagine the models are still place holder? Their arms look like poorly textured wooden planks!
:lol
Still, you may be right. If not, then the game is going to look just as hideous as it does right now.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
When's it due to hit? These cannot be final art assets. That much I just don't believe.

Barrage

EEEEEEK.

I mean, at least the DS Version has fun new control options to differenciate it from the console version and to slightly make up for it's hideous graphics. What does THIS have?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Barrage said:
EEEEEEK.

I mean, at least the DS Version has fun new control options to differenciate it from the console version and to slightly make up for it's hideous graphics. What does THIS have?

CONNECTIVITY!

Andy787

Banned
Barrage said:
EEEEEEK.

I mean, at least the DS Version has fun new control options to differenciate it from the console version and to slightly make up for it's hideous graphics.
It does?

Regardless, if this doesn't improve considerably, it looks like I won't be playing a portable football game for at least another year or two.

I want to see what this looks like from the traditional behind the line, gameplay view.

Pimpwerx

Wow.......just.......whoa....

I mean, why even bother? This looks like a filtered PS1 game. Em-fucking-barassing. This should be canned like Madden 96, b/c this is a blight on the football gaming world. :( PEACE.

newsguy

I have to believe that this has to do with Sony's limiting devs to maximize battery life. Sports games need to have all the power cause there are so many things going on at once. Can anyone who played it at E3 comment on what it looked like from the default view?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i love my psp...

but are there still people who think its even on par with ps2 (let alone more powerfull)?

Barrage

Honestly? Madden 2005 DS is underrated as FUCK.

The improvements to kicking and audible calling just make it a more simple, more compact experience. It certainly can't compare to the console versions in the sim aspects, but in terms of gameplay, I feel it has a very good foundation.

And Madden 2006 should be even better.

newsguy

Barrage said:
Honestly? Madden 2005 DS is underrated as FUCK.

The improvements to kicking and audible calling just make it a more simple, more compact experience. It certainly can't compare to the console versions in the sim aspects, but in terms of gameplay, I feel it has a very good foundation.

And Madden 2006 should be even better.

Dude, this is the wrong thread for this, I think you're looking for the "bold statements" thread

Phoenix

Man, I have seen newbie graphics demos of Flash's 3D component look better than this. Actually I've seen some cellphone Java3D graphic engines that look better.

This is a disaster graphically! I mean this thing is supposed to be near par with the PS2 and have more fillrate yet it looks worse than some football games on the original playstation. I'd rather have Sierra's old sprite based Frontpage Football Pro before this. Totally totally underwhelming.

On the bright side, its one less thing I have to purchase :lol

I played Madden PSP at E3 for about 20min and the default camers view while playing the game was good. At from that camera view the players looked and moved well. These are Replay angles and well show the flaws in art better huh?

so far in this thread

replies: 35
views: 36

that has to be some sort of record... :lol

I for one think that those visuals are some sort of placeholder, but then again I doubt EA would have showcased it if this was the case. Who cares tho, still looks 50 times better than last years alternative on the DS. I'm sure it'll still look pretty good in motion for a portable football title. I admit, still very underwhelming tho...

WindyMan

This is what you guys get for wishing handhelds could do 3D. It's only been a few months, and you guys already expect more from the PSP.

Gee, that Xbox 360 version of Madden is looking pretty good lately.

Suckers.

WindyMan said:
This is what you guys get for wishing handhelds could do 3D. It's only been a few months, and you guys already expect more from the PSP.

Gee, that Xbox 360 version of Madden is looking pretty good lately.

Suckers.

Have you seen the new burnout legends trailer?

anyway this looks like crap, are they using the PSOne graphics engine or something??

Reilly

WindyMan said:

No see, there are good looking games on the PSP.

Doom_Bringer said:
Have you seen the new burnout legends trailer?

anyway this looks like crap, are they using the PSOne graphics engine or something??

Yep you've got to love how the haters latch onto the games that are clearly not making the most of the hardware, and ignore the ones that do (see also PD0/GoW).

Phoenix

Man, I hate to think what the weather is going to look like if they are feeling 'strained' at this point to have to use this caliber of graphics.

Top Bottom