• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden PSP screens are here

DMczaf

football_screen051.jpg
football_screen049.jpg

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Agent Icebeezy said:
NFL2K fuckin destroys this game, don't EVEN go there
Whoa, when I say DC, I'm not talk about 2k, I never said that. I'm talking about AAA titles like Sydney 2000 here:

sydney_screen007.jpg

ShowDog

I remember playing it at e3 and it didn't look this bad, maybe it did though and I rationalized it by thinking it wasn't done. It looked and played pretty good I thought though.

But these screens look like shit.

TheDiave

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
The DS could shit in your mouth and youd somehow convince yourself its chocolate. Shut up you fuckin idiot.
There's no lines to read between in my post. You'd think a game that's coming along months after the PSP comes out would look better than the launch offerings, but that's clearly not the case with Madden.

And I fail to see where my reply was even the slightest bit DS-biased, but whatever.

Udde

Sony, PSP needs the 333mhz in comercial games. I can't wait. When you see the change in performance in homebrew, it's awesome.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Udde said:
Sony, PSP needs the 333mhz in comercial games. I can't wait. When you see the change in performance in homebrew, it's awesome.

when you see the change in battery life, gamers cry

SanjuroTsubaki said:
I wish game companies didnt have the idea that all handheld sports games now must be 3D. On the DS they could make a very high quality 2D Madden, possibly even use cell shading and with its difference features with the touch screen could be made to be pretty good....
Cel shading is 3D, you know. That would just make it a 3D game with extremely limited camera options.

Zeo

Banned
TheDiave said:
There's no lines to read between in my post. You'd think a game that's coming along months after the PSP comes out would look better than the launch offerings, but that's clearly not the case with Madden.

And I fail to see where my reply was even the slightest bit DS-biased, but whatever.

Well it was a negative statement about an upcoming PSP game.

Therefore you are a DS fanboy.

That's how it works.

Wow. These screens make my soul weep.

However, I did play it at E3 for a few minutes. I must say, from the default camera angle, it did not look NEARLY as horrid as these screens do. It played smooth enough. Gameplay felt very simplistic, though. More like old school Genesis Madden than PS2 Madden.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Reilly said:
No see, there are good looking games on the PSP.

Exactly. We KNOW the PSP can do good 3D. There are some REALLY good looking games on the system...

Thankfully, I couldn't possibly care less about Madden.

Someone mentioned SSX. Are there PSP SSX screens out there?

Oh, and I agree that NFL2k on the DC DESTROYS this crap. Looks more like Quarterback Club DC...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yusaku said:
SSX looks dithered like MGA. Does the PSP have a hard time with 32-bit color?

The LCD is 24-bit (which is higher than your average LCD, actually), however, most games only run in 16-bit color. Off the top of my head, only Lumines actually runs in 24-bit color. It just so happens that the colors used in MGA and SSX are prone to revealing 16-bit rendering flaws.

It is a bit annoying, I admit. It's one of the reasons I did not enjoy using the VGA box on Dreamcast. Most DC games were also 16-bit, but on a normal television, the artifacts could not be seen. On a monitor, though...things were different.

Sapiens

When's it due out? Still could improve, right?? Not that I'd buy any football game, ever, but this is probably one of the first times I've been dissapointed by the PSP's graphical power. Most everything else Ive seen so far has surprised me.

gstaff

I mean these look horrible. But when I played this at E3, the gameplay looked more or less the same as Madden 2002 on PS2. The game wasn't very impressive though -- bad framerates and poor button response from what i played.

Reilly said:
Hopefully it sells 0 copies and EA wakes the fuck up.

Dobut it; people will mindlessly buy this title like almost every other EA game. They thrive on ignorance and hype, it is their lifeblood.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I would like to see some gameplay shots. Not these shots that you would never see while playing the game. DM is right, EA has a history is releasing the worst shots of their games as possible when it comes to the sports side of things.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
:lol

wow, there goes 1 of the PSPs "killer apps". Let's hope GTA turns out great. Otherwise I've just dropped $250 on a portable emulation station.

akascream

Banned
Looks pretty bad. Still they release one of these every year right? I imagine eventually there will be a good madden for PSP. Well, as good as any other madden anyway.

Jeff-DSA

Wow...just, wow.

EA, you're way too rich to be pumping out crap like that. This looks early N64-ish, that's unexcusable for a system of much more power.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
djtiesto said:
Hahaha, I love the EA fans damage control in this thread... Where's Darien though?

Silly boy don't you know that I don't DC things that aren't worth DCing?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
DarienA said:
Silly boy don't you know that I don't DC things that aren't worth DCing?

Well the SSX screen shots were nice... :D

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Blackace said:
Just giving you a hard time.. :lol :lol

Ditto here, it's fine to be a fan and want to do reasonable damage control as long as you're not pissing off anybody if you ask me.

NWO

FortNinety said:
Dobut it; people will mindlessly buy this title like almost every other EA game. They thrive on ignorance and hype, it is their lifeblood.

Its true. They will see the EA name and pick it up no matter how bad it is.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Meier said:
This game was unbearable at E3. Really, everything from EA on the PSP was.

The game isn't coming until September, right? That gives them some time to polish it up, hopefully. Burnout definitely came around fast it seems. Not damage control, I am just hoping this game does look better in it's final form.

Top Bottom