• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden PSP screens are here

olimario

Banned
If Madden looks that good on the N64, why not that good on the DS or PSP?
Oh, EA... You have so much money... please fix this.

Sho Nuff

Banned
"The five-year agreements will usher NFL fans through the console technology transition with new ideas and innovative game play experiences."

madden-nfl-06-20050713042615243.jpg

"This exclusive relationship will maximize the value of NFL players through EA's continued commitment to bring fans closer to the game."

madden-nfl-06-20050713042612462.jpg

Juice

So much for the DS = N64, PSP = PS2 proclaimations.

I think we now have our PSP "Ridge Racer DS" equivalent.

God that looks terrible. Whoever said this is what Madden DC would be like must hate Sega, because it looks fucking worse than the few Madden 96 screens I remember. With the limited button cofiguration, I can only imagine that the game would be a chore to play as well.

I thought the DS Madden looked like shit until I played a friend's copy. To be honest, Madden DS makes me think that it realized how GBA-GCN connectivity should have worked. It was fun, fast. Not beautiful, but at least it's own unique little football game.

I'm now anticipating this year's DS Madden more than the PSP one (never thought I'd say that).

Tony HoTT

Banned
If they can do GTA and make it look alright, I expect them to be able to render a closed field with some decent player models. This is an abysmal effort on EA's part.

Nick

If I ever worked for a game company that previewed a game like this, I would have literally laughed in their face. This is 2005! Even if they do manage to clean up the graphics by the time of release they should have never let this out to the public.

Vandiger

At least you can have madden "gameplay", aren't the footballs fans lucky for having EA obtain exclusive rights to the NFL. I'm gonna just assume the Madden sheep will buy this game anyways :p. Yeah I hate EA use to love thier old games now they are just a factory of making yearly updates to thier cash cows :p

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Drinky Crow said:
Hell, even Madden 2000 has something resembling shadows.

Late looking at this topic, but I was going to say the same thing. QB Club had something resembling "real" shadows. Madden PSP, not quite so much.

GFord

Guess i'll have to be the first to say it...

ALPHA KITS people, just wait until EA's had a year or two to really show what the hardware can do.

Sorry, post 05' E3 Syndrome.

newsguy

Shogmaster said:
So you are confirming that Visual Concepts > EA? Cause VC's NFL2K stuff on the DC blows this shit away. :lol

Actually yes, that's exactly what I meant by that statement. I'm a HUGE DC fan and if ever I was a fanboy of anything (and boy do I hate fanboys) it was the DC. EA is no doubt the leader in football gameplay, but they're always a step behind in the graphics department. I feel the PSP is the spiritual DC in handheld form (Virtua Tennis anyone?) and if EA had made a DC version of Madden I think it would have looked something like this.

I played this at E3 as well for about 10 minutes. I didn't think it looked that bad. Certainly not as bad as the screenshots makes the game look.

Mrbob

Is Tiburon working on the PSP version of Madden?

If so for shame! Of course if the PSP version is being sacrificed for the X360 version then I don't mind as much! :D

Mrbob

This could be a new low for EA. The PSP version looks like an upgraded DS port. Usually they go with the lowest common denominator in the same generation! They've now regressed back a generation for their porting needs!

Mrbob

Unison said:
Good thing there is only one NFL game these days....

I don't buy this excuse. I think Madden PSP would still look like shit either way! EA have the Q team on this game!

Unison

Mrbob said:
I don't buy this excuse. I think Madden PSP would still look like shit either way! EA have the Q team on this game!

Yeah, but NFL2K6 PSP would at least have a chance of looking good... or existing... :lol

newsguy

Mrbob said:

I think the same thing, but then I think "man EA could make a killing on the PSP version, why would they make this game so bad?" Well, as long as the 360 version rocks my balls I won't even have time to play the PSP version.

DMczaf

Pfft, EA ALWAYS releases bad screens! How is this a sign that EA is getting lazy with Madden?

Midget Shaq to the rescue!

134557.jpg

bionic77

DMczaf said:
Pfft, EA ALWAYS releases bad screens! How is this a sign that EA is getting lazy with Madden?

Midget Shaq to the rescue!

134557.jpg

Sorry DM its all over, switch to Winning Eleven. To make the Jordan analogy, I think EA just entered the "Wizards" phase of their career.

DMczaf

bionic77 said:
Sorry DM its all over, switch to Winning Eleven. To make the Jordan analogy, I think EA just entered the "Wizards" phase of their career.

You mean their post-HIV career?

Sanjuro

I wish game companies didnt have the idea that all handheld sports games now must be 3D. On the DS they could make a very high quality 2D Madden, possibly even use cell shading and with its difference features with the touch screen could be made to be pretty good....

Yet this is EA we are talking about here and that would never see the light of day.

Top Bottom