• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Making of - Killzone 2 [Behind the Scenes]

ANIMAL1975

Killzone fans gathering thread!

dance people GIF
Slow Motion Deal With It GIF

snapshot.png

I miss when developers would go into selling you on the technical shit instead of new and shiny graphics. Let the presentation and gameplay speak for itself. Nice music track over the video interview, btw.

Killzone > Halo
Please don't instigate this, mate. They're two different FPSs with completely different creative directions. One does not override the other.

Last edited:
I had fun with KZ2 MP, but I think the ip is dead, although it had moderate success, I feel it never reached the heights Sony expected it to.

Banned
killzone.png
killzone-2.png

Seems like the world disagrees with you.

It was for sure a comeback and it was seen as one.

when will people stop bringing up review scores?

Halo Infinite won GOTY on here and it's still a piece of shit game that wouldn't deserve a 5/10

and Killzone 2 too is pretty shit. a shooter with bad aiming controls due to massive amounts of input lag is not a good shooter FULL STOP

Halo Infinite won GOTY on here and it's still a piece of shit game that wouldn't deserve a 5/10

and Killzone 2 too is pretty shit. a shooter with bad aiming controls due to massive amounts of input lag is not a good shooter FULL STOP
You have the audience scores right there, lmao.

And why is it that Halo winning GOTY in a single forum (which is quite Xbox centered in comparison with many others btw) is even brought up for this?

You can say Killzone 2 was shit all you want...but don't try to revise history here. You know damn well how the game was incredibly well received back then both from reviewers AND the public. Not only for its campaign but also for its multiplayer.

This topic has barely any answers and it has at least 2 users calling in one of the best FPS ever...

Banned
You have the audience scores right there, lmao.

And why is it that Halo winning GOTY in a single forum (which is quite Xbox centered in comparison with many others btw) is even brought up for this?

You can say Killzone 2 was shit all you want...but don't try to revise history here. You know damn well how the game was incredibly well received back then both from reviewers AND the public. Not only for its campaign but also for its multiplayer.

This topic has barely any answers and it has at least 2 users calling in one of the best FPS ever...

I will not pretend like people with super low standards don't exist... they do as evidenced here :)

but the most fundamental thing about a first person shooter is aiming your gun.
if a shooter doesn't get that part right, then it's failed as a shooter, plain and simple.

I will not lower my standards on what makes a good shooter just because others do so.

it might have been well received, but let's be honest, a lot of that came from PS3 only owners because it was their system showcase title, the game has no real things that make it special even if it had good controls.

it's basically Gears of War mixed with Call of Duty. Cumbersome cover mechanic meets linear corridor levels with no real enemy variety either.

it was presentation over substance and playability. Killzone 3 was a WAY better game. in Killzone 3 they dialed back the graphics so they didn't have to pre-render as many frames to smooth out the framerate, which in return made the input lag way less of an issue.
they also made the levels less monotonous and had more variety.

Killzone 3 also isn't a stellar game or anything, it still followed the CoD formula really closely with shittons of scriped events and "TAKE THAT ITEM OVER THERE AND USE IT THERE FAST!" kinda shit where you basically have to follow commands to proceed with no real player agency in those key moments... but it was at least a somewhat competent shooter.

sinnergy

Holy shit Halo infinite is a 5/10 game now 🤣 right .. it clearly is a 7.5 / 8 kinda game . I really liked KZ 2 , I had both 2 and 3 , I liked KZ2 way better though , when I did work for Sony europe .. got them for free .. still have the test or first run discs .. maybe they are worth money now .

Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
Killzone 2 MP remake please. Don't care so much for the SP.

Still remember that infamous trailer. The couple screenshots that came out before real gameplay and everyone picking it all apart. A lot of people calling them bullshots.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Killzone 2 MP remake please. Don't care so much for the SP.

Still remember that infamous trailer. The couple screenshots that came out before real gameplay and everyone picking it all apart. A lot of people calling them bullshots.
I remember the first screen of a wall...right before the gameplay premiere followed by that GIF of bullet reactions. It was the hottest shit on the block.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

When will people stop acting like their subjective opinions are objective facts that everyone has to agree with or they're stupid?

KZ2 is good.

93xfan

Banned
It could use a remaster. Running the game at higher resolution, improved frame rate and reduced input lag would be great!
I actually didn’t mind the initial feel of the game. Everyone dealt with the same “weightiness” and it felt unique and intentional.

With that said, certainly wouldn’t want that in any other FPS that I can think of.

Larxia

It could use a remaster. Running the game at higher resolution, improved frame rate and reduced input lag would be great!
Backward compatibility could exactly do that though, no need for a remaster. A lot of 360 games on Xbox One / series run at higher res and framerate, or how you can run old PC games at high resolution / framerate without the need for a new release.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
To this day one of the best online multiplayer experiences. I remember helping my team wipe the "good guys" by going undercover (I forget what class had this) and getting behind enemy lines.

. . .I feel like this was all during the glory days of objective based multiplayer like Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I enjoy MP these days, but it's largely "run the score up" kind of fare or whatever the mess we got with BF2042.

ANIMAL1975

To this day one of the best online multiplayer experiences. I remember helping my team wipe the "good guys" by going undercover (I forget what class had this) and getting behind enemy lines.

. . .I feel like this was all during the glory days of objective based multiplayer like Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I enjoy MP these days, but it's largely "run the score up" kind of fare or whatever the mess we got with BF2042.
Saboteur class! Loved it. And tactical too _ loved changing to tactical just to go into kamikaze mode, and charge like a crazy chicken into a enemy base to throw a smoke granade milliseconds before being killed by the turrets,... creating a suicide respawn point! Priceless! Never played anything like it again.
And the custom matches?! Body Count knifes only, body count RPG only 🤣... So many memories, i even enjoyed camping for weeks to get the sniper badges and trophies for the Plat _ i hate Plats lol, best game ever mates (chirp)!

Top Bottom