• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Making of - Killzone 2 [Behind the Scenes]

UnNamed

Banned
I've seen KZ3 on RPCS3 and it's absolutely incredible. Bad game, but very good visually. Sony should remade the trilogy in HD.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
I have said many times ho much I want this series back along with Resistance. I realy hope to see Sony get back with some FPS soon.

Exoil

Killzone 2 remake for vr is a no brainer. The game as it is already has cover mechanics. Damni loved this game
KZ2 in VR would be so incredibly awesome I'd probably melt while loading into it.
As long as the input latency doesn't carry over, I got used to it once but don't want to do it again

Chronicle

snapshot.png

I miss when developers would go into selling you on the technical shit instead of new and shiny graphics. Let the presentation and gameplay speak for itself. Nice music track over the video interview, btw.

Please don't instigate this, mate. They're two different FPSs with completely different creative directions. One does not override the other.
No. Killzone was branded as the Halo Killer when it came out. It did not kill Halo. But 2 did!

Exoil

The game aged worse than almost any other well-received shooter of that generation. The input lag and brown everywhere are just atrocious to look at. Not to mention the framerate can't even maintain 30fps.
Come on now, the only thing that's pulling KZ2 down is the input lag and that hasn't aged badly, that was always bad.
The "brown everywhere" is what made it into what it was, the most atmospheric fps of the PS3-360 era. Nothing even comes close.

Romulus

Come on now, the only thing that's pulling KZ2 down is the input lag and that hasn't aged badly, that was always bad.
The "brown everywhere" is what made it into what it was, the most atmospheric fps of the PS3-360 era. Nothing even comes close.

I disagree on every level. The attempt at ultra-realism art style from that generation just comes off as absolutely hideous now. Most other games at least had an artistic look that wasn't going for ultra-realism, and that is their saving grace now. KZ2 aged like milk because technology back then was pure shit, we're arguably not even ready for that level of visual style now. I never thought it was "atmospheric" with dude bros yelling while being pushed down ultra linear paths fighting basically the same enemies over and over. I'm pretty sure you're joking, hopefully.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
If they do go back to killzone, they need to go back to that dark gritty death tone. None of this colourful bullshit that they tried in Shadowfall, that is also plaguing every other fps right now as well.

that e3 reveal set impossible expectations... CELL mystique withstanding.

IMO the only way to truly redeem it is to do a 1:1 real-time replica.
ps5 pro launch title?

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I disagree on every level. The attempt at ultra-realism art style from that generation just comes off as absolutely hideous now. Most other games at least had an artistic look that wasn't going for ultra-realism, and that is their saving grace now. KZ2 aged like milk because technology back then was pure shit, we're arguably not even ready for that level of visual style now. I never thought it was "atmospheric" with dude bros yelling while being pushed down ultra linear paths fighting basically the same enemies over and over. I'm pretty sure you're joking, hopefully.
KZ2 was supposed to be gritty and grim. There is a lot going under the hood to achieve this.

Just because you dislike the look doesnt mean it aged like milk. There is always a balance.

I suppose i could elaborate with papers. My question to you would be if you are actually interested in a discussion, though.

Lasha

Killzone 2 was spectacular. The controls were intentional. They gave a sense of weight and deliberateness that was fading out with the rise of COD and it's non-existent TTK. Much of the magic was lost when the third game tried to be more COD-like.

The overall plot of the series was incredibly sloppy. The ISA come off as the bad guys if you spend more than a few minutes thinking about the motivation of the Helgast. I always felt Killzone was a missed opportunity for a more serious look at the causes of war and fascism.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
After those fake Sony trailers, Guerilla had to deliver and they did a great job.

I wasn’t big on the first Killzone, but 2,3, and the Vita game were great.

PS4 Shadow Fall was ok. Stupid design decision forcing players to carry around the one gun no matter what, and the swiping touchpad stuff was meh.
Enjoyed the multiplayer though.

GymWolf

Yeah, that. I wasn't sure what to call it and tried sounding it out in my head and "ping" was what my head said lol, even though that could mean something else! I didn't think about that while posting! lol
An understandable but not excusable mistake.

FeralEcho

Killzone 2 is still my favourite fps and firmly still in my top 10 favourite games of all time.There's nothing like it on the market.

The weighty visceral combat,the music,the hit animation of the helghast when you pump them full of bullets,the gritty visuals.Nothing has come close for me.

o65XxbY.gif

And to this day it remains my favourite mp experience.So many hours hearing that perfect sounding chirp.It never got old.

Kusarigama

Random fact nobody will care about: I was a playtester for Killzone 2 and played a build before it came out. Guerilla had an incredible office before they relocated. Their new office is great too.
So what's the procedure to become a playtester? Or qualifications requirements?

Top Bottom