• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man who shot 5 Black Lives Matter protesters found guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
19 years seem lite for attempted murder of 5 people.

He fired into a crowd, so I would actually say he attempted to murder more than 5 even. I remember this when it happened, good to know that the fucker got convicted. The videos he recorded were straight up fowl.

I'm sorry I know this isn't what we're supposed to do in these threads but after the last few days.

Hell no.

Milo gets a 45 page thread of being caped for and made into a victim because some people broke some windows and pepper sprayed some MAGA idiots who came to stan for him and incite the riots to begin with. The dude that made the witness gets a 45 page thread full of people making excuses for him. Racism isn't that bad. We are constantly told how things are just so much better.

Yet here we are, a week after several mosques were burned to the ground, a terrorist killed 6 innocent people in the MIDDLE OF FUCKING PRAYER, and a man who almost murdered 5 people gets less than a full sentence for 1 charge when hit with 5 and will likely get paroled within 10 years.

And ain't NOBODY here to call this what it is.

Never wanna hear any bullshit about "both sides" or how "this isn't the way" ever fucking again. Y'all got more sympathy and empathy for a nazi getting sucker punched than you do 5 innocent black people a better shot away from being lynched.

This shit pisses me the fuck off.

Caelus

I'm sorry I know this isn't what we're supposed to do in these threads but after the last few days.

Hell no.

Milo gets a 45 page thread of being caped for and made into a victim because some people broke some windows and pepper sprayed some MAGA idiots who came to stan for him and incite the riots to begin with. The dude that made the witness gets a 45 page thread full of people making excuses for him. Racism isn't that bad. We are constantly told how things are just so much better.

Yet here we are, a week after several mosques were burned to the ground, a terrorist killed 6 innocent people in the MIDDLE OF FUCKING PRAYER, and a man who almost murdered 5 people gets less than a full sentence for 1 charge when hit with 5 and will likely get paroled within 10 years.

Never wanna hear any bullshit about "both sides" or how "this isn't the way" ever fucking again. Y'all got more sympathy and empathy for a nazi getting sucker punched than you do 5 innocent black people a better shot away from being lynched.

Preach.

Nepenthe

Hell no.

No lies detected here.

Hell no.

Id rep this post if I could.

Hell no.

It's enraging.

People wonder why we're so goddamn mad. This is why we're so goddamn mad, and this is on a gaming forum on the Internet.

Strike

Hell no.

Yup and people wonder why we have to have these damn protests in the first place.

Toxi

Banned
Edit: Wow at that post by Frozenprince. Hit the nail on the head right there.

Scarsella and three other men, all wearing face masks, went into an encampment outside a police station in north Minneapolis to livestream Black Lives Matter protests that had closed down a city block. Scarsella, who has a permit to carry a concealed weapon, brought a .45-caliber handgun and fired at demonstrators in what his attorneys say was self-defense.

Prosecutors argued that the shootings were racially-motivated. The station reports that Scarsella was identified in a video taken the night of the shootings waving a handgun and making racially-charged statements about the Black Lives Matter protesters. In one video that was shot in a car while Scarsella and a friend were driving to an earlier protest, Scarsella is heard saying he is “on a mission” and “locked and loaded” while holding a gun.
You know, next time someone complains about Black Lives Matter protest breaking a window or setting off a firecracker, I'm gonna ask them to read this.

The Kree

Banned
Fool skipped a step. You're supposed to go through the police academy before you start trying to kill black people willy nilly.

There's a reason you can't skip the tutorials in Elder Scrolls.

Magus1234

The racism that snakes its way through institutions is really the most devious. As a minority that has been through the system multiple times it gets me so angry thinking of how stacked against us it is at every level. You can have your life ruined on the whim of some cop or judge, then you see someone commit heinous crimes and get lax sentences. It's just impossible. Even to call it out or discuss it is met with shoulder shrugs, "well at least he was found guilty, what do you want?" How about fucking justice?

The racism that snakes its way through institutions is really the most devious. As a minority that has been through the system multiple times it gets me so angry thinking of how stacked against us it is at every level. You can have your life ruined on the whim of some cop or judge, then you see someone commit heinous crimes and get lax sentences. It's just impossible. Even to call it out or discuss it is met with shoulder shrugs, "well at least he was found guilty, what do you want?" How about fucking justice?

One of my best friends from HS is serving a dime for selling weed.

A potential mass murderer will see freedom before him.

This country is a joke.

Magus1234

One of my best friends from HS is serving a dime for selling weed.

A potential mass murderer will see freedom before him.

This country is a joke.

It's a never ending Kafkaesque system at this point, get busted for something small. Maybe lose a job over it, lose your car, get depressed and maybe fuck up again and then you are really in there. They charge you 2 grand to get out or spend 2 months in jail, then classes and fines you don;t even know what the fuck you are paying for to the point where it's just hopeless. I been there, I seen it, all too often. Ah but if you parent pays for some high class lawyer and gets some random letter from some high level cronies, well sure it must of just been a mistake, don't do it again ok?

I studied a little bit of criminal justice when I was in school and god damn if that is not the most depressing are of study. I truly came out of it feeling more hopeless. Bless anyone with a good conscience that studies it.

BigDes

19 years? For the attempted murder of five people?

Fuck right off.

How is it not 19 years for each person?

driggonny

Banned
Ridiculous. What a light sentence. Like, seriously, I can't understand how someone who premeditated a crowd shooting could possibly get out on parole in 10 years.

Hell no.

I wanna save this post and slap it at any old dumbass that even dares shoot the both sides are the same routine. And also this is very short. Frozenprince is right, this is bullshit.

ASSAULT? Despicable... how did those text messages/videos clearly not show his intent?

He claimed he was running from attackers and that one of the people he shot pulled a blade on him. If there's one thing that can guarantee you leniency in America's joke of a criminal justice system, it's the scenario of a Black person needing to be shot in a "self defense" situation, even if you've ostensibly instigated the entire confrontation.

Keep in mind, he's only 24.

If he doesn't get the full sentence and only serves 10 years, he'll be out in plenty of time to rebuild his life.

Con_Smith

Banned
They were violent, so I guess the entirety of conservative ideology is going to collapse and lose all support from moderates because of this.

No they will get angry at the victims protesting. You have to peacfully engage with murderers, racists, and Nazis on their terms.

Weird thing about this case is how it never made the headlines originally.

Also
Mankato Police Officer Brett Levin testified that he had been friends with Allen Scarsella, 24, since high school and was in close touch with him when he allegedly opened fire at a group of protesters in Minneapolis on Nov. 23, 2015, according to a Minneapolis Star Tribune report.

Levin said Scarsella began sending him frequents texts that were "negative about black people" in early 2015. When asked by prosecutors Tuesday if he had egged on Scarsella with similar texts, Levin replied, "Yes, I have."

When asked to describe those conversations, Levin said they were "along the lines of locker room talk."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ot-5-blm-protesters-records-article-1.2954960

What in the flying fuck.

I don't actually see the page count as representative of a lack of outrage issue the problem is in this topic there is no defense league to beat to a pulp because these guys won, the system has their back. They don't have to say shit!

So we - foe want of a better word, liberals - ARE outraged and pissed off but there is nothing and nobody to argue with, they won't come out for it. But they crawl out for Milo because thats the modus. THAT shit is new as yet un-won territory and they want to fight there.

That is where there is 45 pages. Not because liberals are soft on extremist white terrorists.

If this is a black vs white why don't you fight for us on the coast thing, it is because we're fighting where they are vulnerable. you can't fight in an empty battle field. If the Milo shit gets beaten back to the shadows then the next step would be to beat the racism out of the FBI and the NYPD and get them to follow orders and investigate and prosecute. Its a fucking long process and everyone who isn't an asshole needs to work together on it.

Hell no.

To be fair, the the thread title makes it sound like justice was served. I almost skipped over the thread because I assumed all there would be to say was "good shit".

I could be totally wrong and you could be totally right, but I think the thread would be getting a lot more traffic if the title made it clear that justice has not been served.

I'm not trying to downplay your feelings. Just trying to say, you know, have a little more faith in GAF.

lel.

Locker Room Talk knows no bounds!

Pussy grabbing, killing black people...

What's next? What the fuck is going on in America's locker rooms?!

Unbelievable.
:lol

I don't actually see the page count as representative of a lack of outrage issue the problem is in this topic there is no defense league to beat to a pulp because these guys won, the system has their back. They don't have to say shit!

So we - foe want of a better word, liberals - ARE outraged and pissed off but there is nothing and nobody to argue with, they won't come out for it. But they crawl out for Milo because thats the modus. THAT shit is new as yet un-won territory and they want to fight there.

That is where there is 45 pages. Not because liberals are soft on extremist white terrorists.

If this is a black vs white why don't you fight for us on the coast thing, it is because we're fighting where they are vulnerable. you can't fight in an empty battle field. If the Milo shit gets beaten back to the shadows then the next step would be to beat the racism out of the FBI and the NYPD and get them to follow orders and investigate and prosecute. Its a fucking long process and everyone who isn't an asshole needs to work together on it.

No. I've noticed that poor or controversial behavior from leftists or minorities generate much more discussion and condemnation on gaf than your typical display of White supremacy.
You see that phenomenon in the press too, like when MSNBC ran articles questioning the lower Black turnout for Hillary Clinton before they questioned the huge bloc of White women or the significant chunk of Hispanic voters that actually cast ballots for Trump.

America has a tradition of giving socially regressive people a boilerplate level of condemnation while focusing the depth and breadth of its ire on the respectability and conduct of those who resist those regressive forces.

No. I've noticed that poor or controversial behavior from leftists or minorities generate much more discussion and condemnation on gaf than your typical display of White supremacy.
You see that phenomenon in the press too, like when MSNBC ran articles questioning the lower Black turnout for Hillary Clinton before they questioned the huge bloc of White women or the significant chunk of Hispanic voters that actually voted for Trump.

because the alt-right has a specific battle ground ..
They are fighting for the right to openly hate. They already have the right to shoot and get slapped on the wrist, or even get off scot free, so they don't fight there.

It is where they are, and so where the fight is, and where the loudest voices are on all sides.

I don't think skin color defines anyone's views but of course the racists are mostly but not all, white. But the whites are not all or mostly racist or mostly ok with these sentences. The battle just isn't here right now :( it may never be but I hope it gets there. But first we have an actual nazi in charge and he is occupying everyone's hate.

cheezcake

19 years for attempted mass murder and your country still hands out life sentences to
black
people for completely non-violent drug related offences.

What a joke.

Mechazawa

"I was a free-market capitalist with conservative Evangelical Christian views, I was even considering skipping the first two hours of youth group Overwatch to vote for Trump, then one of those 'Pepe' people called me a cuck and everything changed."
Tears.

Doin' God's work, Boogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom