• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe confirmed (with playable Inkling, new Battle Mode, etc.)

Skeletos311

26gsdzkOLlhcIoHS0.gif

Berordn

XD2IR86.png

Pretty sure the new tracks are the arenas and that's it.

Should be MK8 WiiU DLC, WiiU owners screwed again.

Wii U is a dead console and they probably had no intention of expanding on it further until they needed a Switch title.

Wii U owners are no more screwed by this than any other move Nintendo's done with the machine.

Neoxon

What happened to the 16 new courses & 8 new characters that was rumored? Hopefully we'll learn more at the Treehouse Live event.

Jeels

They need to confirm new racing tracks as soon as possible. Especially since it looks like they are charging full price for this.

MrPanic

Oh wow, no new tracks? That's really disappointing. Since I don't care about battle mode at all, I will basically be buying the same game twice just to play it on the switch. What a waste.

suaveric

There have been two DLC packs with new tracks inbetween the original and Deluxe versions though:

Launch = May 29th 2014
The Legend of Zelda (DLC Pack 1) = November 13th 2014
Animal Crossing (DLC Pack 2) = April 23rd 2015

The release timing suggests they were probably developed after launch.

It doesn't say native resolution, it could well be upscaled.

Yes, but even with the DLC developed after the game came out, it's still been 2 years since the last addition to that game. I would think in 2 years we could have gotten more than just some battle maps. Makes we wonder if Mario Kart 9 is only a year away.

Oh, not really new content apart from battle mode makes it an easier decission to not to buy it thanks to the piece of shit online paid service.

See nintendo, something that I would have probably buyed with free online will not be bought anymore.

Neiteio

Hmm. So I was right about no new tracks, eh? Only new battle arenas.

Still, the revamped Battle Mode looks great. So do the new characters, all of which I love, and the new items. Holding two items at once should mix things up.

But man. I still want new tracks!

New tracks would be nice. I mostly skipped MK8 on Wii U so this is like a new game for me, so I'm cool with paying full price. I feel sorry for everyone else that has already burned themselves out.

Baleoce

Not gonna jump to conclusions on the amount of tracks being added. What they've done looks neat so far. Look forward to hearing more.

GhostBed

I'm happy about the new battle mode, but the new characters only amount to small, mostly aesthetic changes.

I have put a lot of time into the Wii U version but I just see no reason to buy this if there's no new racing tracks.

Great for people who missed this incredible game, bad for Nintendo die hards who played it years ago.

Didn't grab a Wii U so this is perfect! Would have loved it at launch but 1 month after will give me plenty of time to ace Zelda.

Also Splatoon!!!

Hazmat

I worry that I'll be a consumer whore and rebuy it, but the striking absence of a real battle mode in my Wii U copy makes this feel like they're screwing me over.

Top Bottom