• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe confirmed (with playable Inkling, new Battle Mode, etc.)

ICYMI, here's full 40 (!) pictures gallery, with all the screens, arts, characters, items, steering assist and stuff:

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/361353/40+imagenes+Mario+Kart+8+corre+de+lujo+en+Nintendo+Switch/

I wonder what that glowing yellow thing is; I don't remember it from the Wii U version, and it only appears in some screenshots of the Standard Kart.

nintendoswitchmario_11tr9m.png

nintendoswitchmario_1cdo9p.png

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I wonder what that glowing yellow thing is; I don't remember it from the Wii U version, and it only appears in some screenshots of the Standard Kart.

Well, it's two screenshots immediately beneath the "Smart Steering" header, so it seems pretty obvious that it's the steering-assist system they referred to. Looks like it's keeping Mario from driving off the course.

I'm hearing no new tracks. It that confirmed from Nintendo?

That would make Emily half right on her report. Guess the new tracks were just battle mode then?

Berordn

I'm hearing no new tracks. It that confirmed from Nintendo?

That would make Emily half right on her report. Guess the new tracks were just battle mode then?

No confirmation but we've not seen any and the PR doesn't mention any. There's no reason to assume they're hiding them.

We also only know of 4 battle courses, but the PR doesn't state that they're the only ones - there might be more.

Kinda disappointed they didn't add 2 new cups. I however like the ability to help with steering for kids.

Really disappointed with the new character count. Where is Diddy, or Birdo?

mcmmaster

Are we absolutely certain their are no new racing tracks, couldn't they still announce something before it's release?

There have been so many leaks I forget which credible leaker mentioned MK8 Switch getting new content, Emily Rogers I think. Could have sworn the report was perceived as new tracks to race on, on top of an improved battle mode.

Why can't they clearly state what's in the game? 12hours later we still don't know if there are new tracks...

I suspect there won't be any. Just battle mode arenas, no New circuits.

Pandy

(Stupid Nintendo fanboy optimism alert)

I feel like they may be sitting on some more tracks... but I also wouldn't be surprised if they took this and added some DLc down the road.

I think this will be a 'complete' package with no additional DLC down the road.

Meanwhile, development on Mario Kart 9 gathers pace.

Vidiot

You all laugh at battle mode but if it's fully fleshed out with classic rule set options I would have bought that by itself without ANY race tracks. Battle mode was always THE mode for my friends and I. If they get this right I'm in. If they het this wrong with time limits and have respawing I'm out.

RM8

I wanted new tracks :(

I'm still in, this is the best MK ever and I'll be able to play it a work and on the train.

Coffinhal

I own it, and love it. But if it's JUST a battle mode and a few new characters, $60 is absolutely crazy.

It isn't crazy at all.

This is a standard remaster/enhanced port like it happens every day

The game is still 50EU on Wii U, without DLCs (or battle mode ofc)

And this is a great opportunity for Nintendo to make money (because MK sell A LOT) with people that want MK8 portable, especially if they didn't play it on Wii U because they didn't have the machine.

There's nothing crazy. Lack of new tracks is disappointing but that's all. And thay may mean that we'll see MK9 sooner than later (Q4 2018?)

Jeels

If you already own the game......otherwise it's the GOTY edition and it's GREAT

And who do you think is buying a $300 Nintendo console at launch other than the Nintendo faithful who were already invested in the Wii U? This thing is a huge disservice to their most loyal fans.

Coffinhal

And who do you think is buying a $300 Nintendo console at launch other than the Nintendo faithful who were already invested in the Wii U? This thing is a huge disservice to their most loyal fans.

There's an issue with the pricing but that has nothing to do with the fact that MK8D is here to get to people that didn't own a Wii U but love Nintendo, Mario Kart and the Switch concept. There's Nothing "crazy" with that, I would even call it the most rationnal decision they made alongside the Zelda cross-launch.

No you can play online as well if you have a cell phone and head set so you can chat.

Of course you'll need to pay for that, too.

Couch multiplayer > online multiplayer .

The $60 for the GOTY version of the game isn't as much of a problem for me as buying all new controllers. Supporting legacy controllers would have made Switch a no brainer for me.

Bate

Since the items are getting some work, I wonder if more powerful stars and golden mushrooms or the giant mushroom make a return. My couch co-op friends were whining that in MK8 it is not that easy or fun to close the gap to the leader because these items were either missing or lost a lot of their power in comparison to the Wii version. MK8 became too much Forza for their liking.

And I pray for 60fps in 4 player split

Tom Nook

So about Mario Kart 8 WiiU owners? Any DLC for WiiU? I want to play battle mode and try out the Splatoon stage.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but is the Wii U version getting this update?

So about Mario Kart 8 WiiU owners? Any DLC for WiiU? I want to play battle mode and try out the Splatoon stage.

I see no reason why they would continue supporting the Wii U version. I mean, they've been pulling Wii Us from store shelves for a while now, that tells me they're done with it.

Top Bottom