• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe website updated with a bunch of screens, videos, and art

Mario Kart 8 is phenomenal but the fact that this either isn't free or 50% off for Wii U owners is a crime and I won't be supporting this.

Get over yourself. You paid $60 for 3+ years of enjoyment out of Mario Kart 8 for Wii U. There's absolutely no harm in paying a measly $60 THREE YEARS LATER for an upgraded port on a portable system.

Bate

I am a bit sad that the big mushroom won't return. Flattening other people was a lot of fun in Mario Kart Wii.

one4myhomies

Neo Member
Get over yourself. You paid $60 for 3+ years of enjoyment out of Mario Kart 8 for Wii U. There's absolutely no harm in paying a measly $60 THREE YEARS LATER for an upgraded port on a portable system.

Exactly. Not to mention (if you bought physical copy) you can trade in MK8 to amazon right now for $22+. Couple that with prime or GCU 20% discount and boom. Half price.

gweemz

Apparently Deluxe will also have a optional "Noob Mode", which auto prevents the karts from falling off the course.

I absolutely love this. I have to babysit a 5 year old, and waiting 10+ minutes for him after ive completed the course is excruciating.

I absolutely love this. I have to babysit a 5 year old, and waiting 10+ minutes for him after ive completed the course is excruciating.

Haha me too. I have two five and eight year old nieces who are starting to get into everything Nintendo but it can be a bit frustrating playing with them. This should help.

kubev

I wonder if those videos are direct uploads to YouTube using the replay feature (assuming it's still in there). I wonder why there's no audio, though...unless Nintendo is concerned about copyright strikes against itself...

Will they be re-balancing items this time around? It was pretty bad and a step back from 7 in that regard. This is more important to me than the battle mode.

Mario Kart 8 is phenomenal but the fact that this either isn't free or 50% off for Wii U owners is a crime and I won't be supporting this.

Eh, I was fine with it since I was able to trade in my original copy at GameStop when the 50% credit deal toward Switch games and accessories was going on along with some other games like Star Fox Zero. Mario Kart ended up getting me $30. I ended up with $66 in credit to put toward Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and LEGO City Undercover ($40 toward Mario Kart and $26 toward LEGO City Undercover).

I almost want a Switch just for the new Battle Mode. So annoyed these tracks aren't in the Wii U version.

giphy.gif

Roo

Will they be re-balancing items this time around? It was pretty bad and a step back from 7 in that regard. This is more important to me than the battle mode.

They probably had to do some balance work due to the two items mechanic anyway.
Adjusting the item probabilities and such.

It will most likely retain the distance/units based system from the Wii U version rather than going back to the position/place one from old Mario Kart games tho (which totally sucks)

There's a chance you'll still get a banana, blooper or single green shell in 8-10th place while 2nd-5th can get triple reds, stars, golden mushroom and bullet bill.

I'll be there Day one ��

:eek:k_hand:

As an owner of the Wii U version, I see no real incentive to upgrade. Battle Mode seems cool, though.

Yeah I played the hell out of that game. If Nintendo announced more DLC was coming to it, I might consider re-buying it.

I don't know why Nintendo has no plans for more MK8 DLC to be honest, or at least why not share it.

SaikyoBro

I wasn't going to buy it (and I still don't think I'll be able to at launch) but I'm in the camp that ended up really liking the Switch's portability so it's starting to look like a more sensible purchase. Even then though, I really don't have any desire to buy another set of controllers...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
You know I was kinda eh on this since I already own mk8, but I didint spend as much time as I should have so maybe I will double dip

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Thankfully this seems to be adding features unlike the woeful Lego City port.

Wii U owners: Are you gonna sell off your existing copy or are you gonna keep it for the collection?

AdanVC

Oh god, those battle tracks look amazing! The lack of Switch in my life is starting to kick in with this game and Splatoon Testfire this weekend :'(

img_sfc-chara.png

Whoever at Nintendo they have to do the 2D artwork and manages to retain that standardised SMB3 style needs a raise.

My favorite artstyle ever. It looks classic and clean af. Yoichi Kotabe ftw!! I still dream of having a full Mario game with this look. Maybe his next 2D adventure??? Plz... I am beyond sick of NSMB monotone art style...

Ninja Dom

Wii U owners: Are you gonna sell off your existing copy or are you gonna keep it for the collection?

I bought the Wii U version digital (and got Pikmin 3 for free).

As somebody said above, I'll be getting this digital for total access all the time.

Robin64

I'd love to get this digitally, but I'm not willing to pay the ~£15 eShop premium that Nintendo games have here. £59.99 on the eShop or £46 for retail on Amazon. Hmm.

Wil348

What's woeful about the Lego City port? That's adding co-op which was a glaring omission from the Wii U original.

And no, I'm keeping my Wii U copy since I probably won't get much for it.

jonno394

What's woeful about the Lego City port? That's adding co-op which was a glaring omission from the Wii U original.

And no, I'm keeping my Wii U copy since I probably won't get much for it.

Yeah I'm wondering what the poster is on about too. By all accounts it's going to add co op and fix loading times. I wager the poster is just on about the price.

Top Bottom