• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario64 DS free with Nintendo DS at all retailers

Deku

Banned
JC10001 said:
OK, so maybe "tech" was a poor choice of words (although none of that stuff is really new). You know what I meant though. Its under powered in the graphics department. I think the second screen and microphone are fluff and that don't really add anything to the games but that's just me. Nintendogs looks like it will put the microphone to good use but there is no way on God's green Earth I would be caught dead talking into it so the microphone may as well not even be there. Its worse than side talking if you ask me!

The touch screen is the only good thing about the DS hardware IMO. I would have liked the DS better if it was basically a PDA (with a PDA sized screen) that played Nintendo games that were pretty much entirely touch screen based ala Wario, Kirby, and Yoshi. The reason I say that is because I believe that the traditional d-pad and button setup has made a lot of 3rd party devs lazy. Most of the games coming out from 3rd parties look like glorified GBA games. They aren't putting that touch screen to good use.

I'll leave it at that. We are both set in our beliefs. No point in going back and forth any further.

Microphones aren't "all-new" tech.
Touch screens aren't "all-new" tech.
2 screens is a gimmick (there I said the G word).
Wi-fi isn't "all-new" tech.

The PSP might be outdated next year but the DS was outdated before it ever even came out.

Stop blabbering no one cares about your new tech old tech bullshit.

You're old tech.

Joe

how much does eb and gamestop sell used DS systems?

i know someone that wants to sell a ds plus wario ware for $120. is this a good deal? what about compared to ebay prices?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Sounds like a good deal to me. As for the price in comparison to eBay prices, you could just check yourself...

Hero

JC10001 said:
OK, so maybe "tech" was a poor choice of words (although none of that stuff is really new). You know what I meant though. Its under powered in the graphics department. I think the second screen and microphone are fluff and that don't really add anything to the games but that's just me. Nintendogs looks like it will put the microphone to good use but there is no way on God's green Earth I would be caught dead talking into it so the microphone may as well not even be there. Its worse than side talking if you ask me!

The touch screen is the only good thing about the DS hardware IMO. I would have liked the DS better if it was basically a PDA (with a PDA sized screen) that played Nintendo games that were pretty much entirely touch screen based ala Wario, Kirby, and Yoshi. The reason I say that is because I believe that the traditional d-pad and button setup has made a lot of 3rd party devs lazy. Most of the games coming out from 3rd parties look like glorified GBA games. They aren't putting that touch screen to good use.

I'll leave it at that. We are both set in our beliefs. No point in going back and forth any further.

Microphones aren't "all-new" tech.
Touch screens aren't "all-new" tech.
2 screens is a gimmick (there I said the G word).
Wi-fi isn't "all-new" tech.

The PSP might be outdated next year but the DS was outdated before it ever even came out.

The DS was never outdated. Actually, since Nintendo has always been the market leader in handhelds, they were just in time.

GBC = NES portable
GBA = SNES portable
NDS = N64 portable

Sony bucked the trend with the PSP because they HAD to. You think Sony would have sold half as many PSPs if it were only PSX level? They had to do the latest graphical portable because it's not like anyone would buy a PSP for handheld games if they didn't look better than what Nintendo was offering.

And , as far as 'hi-tech/new-tech' what does the PSP have to offer besides the obvious graphic leap? MP3 players are a dime a dozen, even video players are becoming very affordable. Just say it has to do with graphics, I won't think any less of you for admitting it.

The built-in mic, touch screen, and second screen will provide more fresh, new, and innovative games than Sony could ever hope to accomplish with the PSP. Anything that allows me to play new games is pretty new-tech to me.

StRaNgE

Banned
my local gamestop is not doing this offer, he checked the computer and had no clue about it even after that.

strange EB would have it yet Gamestop would not.

Top Bottom