• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel: Contest of Champions |OT| It's always Mahvel when you're on Mobile

Drayco21

So I think I have officially hit the first difficulty spike. I just made my first pass through act one chapter 2 part 3 and some of the enemies there really packed a punch. I have 10 characters now, no 3 stars yet, and unfortunatly no fist element hero's which means I cant break the gate to get 100% completion yet anyway. I am still winning mostly because I have gotten solid at the back and forth of attack and block, chaining up 18-19 hit combos fairly regularly, but I had to use a few potions on that one. I will probally re-run part 2 for a while and just earn ISO to level up some of my characters more so that I can compete better.

I'm on Chapter 3 part 4, and I've felt like I've just been squeaking by the last couple parts with a four man team, at a 731 team rating. I feel like going back to replay older parts hasn't really been giving me much Iso-8 to work with, though that might just because I've been focusing my efforts the past couple days on the Trickshot Arena.

Managed to score a 46 hit combo and win a fight I had no business actually winning earlier today, and felt really good about it.

v1lla21

You guys use more than 2 champs? I've only used a 3 star Black Panther and 2 star Juggernaut. I sold all the rest I had. I'm on act 4. Also, fuck the punisher crystal. Lol.

Drayco21

You guys use more than 2 champs? I've only used a 3 star Black Panther and 2 star Juggernaut. I sold all the rest I had. I'm on act 4. Also, fuck the punisher crystal. Lol.

I can't bring myself to sell anyone,I have a pathological need to have everyone on the roster, in as many star variants as possible.

v1lla21

I can't bring myself to sell anyone,I have a pathological need to have everyone on the roster, in as many star variants as possible.
Lol I fucked my self over. I need certain characters to unlock paths :'(
I only want BP, Cap, and Punisher. Is Taskmaster in the game? If not, I want him in there.

Drayco21

New event for the next 2 days, Second Skin, top 15,000 players get a 3 star Rhino, all player star levels can enter.

v1lla21

Finally got 2k battlechips for the punisher crystal and I got a 3 star Rhino instead. Not bad :D Ive also saved enough units to get multiple crystals and I've gotten 2 star iron, 2 star Winter Soldier, and a 1 star Scarlett Witch. I'm keeping them so I can 100% all the quests.

Drayco21

Finally got 2k battlechips for the punisher crystal and I got a 3 star Rhino instead. Not bad :D Ive also saved enough units to get multiple crystals and I've gotten 2 star iron, 2 star Winter Soldier, and a 1 star Scarlett Witch. I'm keeping them so I can 100% all the quests.

Nice haul- I've consistently gotten 3000 gold from my Punisher crystals. I think Frank himself is actually a mythical creature.

v1lla21

Nice haul- I've consistently gotten 3000 gold from my Punisher crystals. I think Frank himself is actually a mythical creature.
Have you ranked any of your champs? I only ranked the 1 star I pulled. It's crazy trying to rank up my 3 stars.

JazzmanZ

haaC9Fs.png

lesse what super zeroes they added to this.

Etrigan, Black Bolt, Shadowman, Captain America, Colossus, Cyclops, Deadpool, Angryman, She-hulk, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron fist, Iron man, Juggernaut, Frank west, Rhino, The bad guy from Guardians of the Galaxy, Scarlet Witch, Spidey, Chris Patt, Storm, Thor, VIsion, Nightwing and Wolverine.

Not bad, but where's Shuma-gorath

Drayco21

Have you ranked any of your champs? I only ranked the 1 star I pulled. It's crazy trying to rank up my 3 stars.

I managed to rank up my 2* Thor and 1* Spidey. Almost got my 2* Rightclops upgraded too- ISO-8 has been getting more scarce than I would have thought, but I've got a bunch of catalysts.

They going to have something called The Contest of Champions and no Defensor or SHamrock?

I know, right?

Triz

I bit on the 4.99 iap to get the 3 star bonus crystal. Pulled a black bolt with it. I've plaed it a lot this week felt I owed them some money.

Ape

Banned
I've been getting better results with the "open crystal" option instead of watching it skip over the good drops. Idk if it really makes a difference or if I've just been luckier the last two days.

Drayco21

How'd everyone do on the tournaments? I didn't place in Second Skin, but got to 5400 something in Trickshot- walking away with a new 3* Hawkguy and 2 crystals. 2* Iron Fist and 2* Wanda from them.

This weeks tournament is now the first shot since launch to get Cap- hopefully I can pull it off again.

Mknzy

Just got lucky and got a 3* Black Panther. I also bit on the 4.99 deal and got a 3* Cyclops. pretty happy about that.

Triz

There is a lot they need to fix with this game. Grinding for a whole week In a weeklong event, with no idea of where you currently rank was a huge waste of my time. Turned out at the end of the timer I was in 3000 place and got zero rewards. Really killed my interest in progress in further.

Drayco21

There is a lot they need to fix with this game. Grinding for a whole week In a weeklong event, with no idea of where you currently rank was a huge waste of my time. Turned out at the end of the timer I was in 3000 place and got zero rewards. Really killed my interest in progress in further.

Yeah, I'm in the exact same boat. That Cap event really killed my interest in the game. They really need to surface that leaderboard at the very least.

Yeah, I'm in the exact same boat. That Cap event really killed my interest in the game. They really need to surface that leaderboard at the very least.

Yep, same as you guys. Played a decent amount of the event and ended up not getting anything. After the Hawkeye event it seemed like they would be the best way of getting characters and crystals, but there's no way I'm going to devote even more time than i did last week, so I'm done.

This game is kinda fun. I was playing through the main quest and got quite far but then my entire team got KO'd on a boss fight and I have no revive crystals. Are my only options to buy a crystal for real money or quit out of the quest and lose my loot/progress? If so that sucks balls.

In the meantime I've been playing Vs and destroying most people.
I have 11 characters so far, feel the need to build the full roster.

This game is kinda fun. I was playing through the main quest and got quite far but then my entire team got KO'd on a boss fight and I have no revive crystals. Are my only options to buy a crystal for real money or quit out of the quest and lose my loot/progress? If so that sucks balls.

In the meantime I've been playing Vs and destroying most people.
I have 11 characters so far, feel the need to build the full roster.

Vs works by putting you up against a person's team, but you're just fighting the AI. It ramps up in difficulty by putting you against higher and higher leveled opponents until you eventually go up against a team that outlevels you so much you can't win, then it resets to lower numbers and begins the ramp again. Everyone ends up with a ~90% win rate because of it.

Makes the events a huuuuuge grind, since everyone is winning basically the same amount, so you just have to spend more time than the rest to win anything.

Drayco21

Getting duplicate 2-Star and up champs now unlocks special powers in response to the feedback about the crystal system.

10906170_1569094626670389_496140620864924471_n.jpg

In addition, we're all getting two free 2* Punishers if you turn the game back on and check your messages within the next few days.

Ape

Banned
have they fixed it to where you aren't winning 90 percent of matches and you can see where you're ranked in events now?

Drayco21

have they fixed it to where you aren't winning 90 percent of matches and you can see where you're ranked in events now?

Unfortunately not, but there's a few other slick basic UI updates in this patch- so there's hope yet. It's still the most glaring omission from this game so far.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Quite like this game, I don't mind the grind as it's very easy to level up and get materials. I really wish you could purchase heroes straight up or have a little bit more control over the crystal lottery though.

jrDev

How the hell does cyclops see through that mask. Don't like that design.

Wish the fighting had more depth like air combos etc...

Drayco21

How many points you reckon one will need to fetch a 3-star Magik in the current event?

Generally, if you're not at least earning units for your progress reward, you're probably not in the running. I was on the second units progress reward when I won a Hawkeye, and I've gotten a crystal for most others while being around that area. Anything more specific than that, and I really don't have any idea what an indicator would be- we really need a leaderboard.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Generally, if you're not at least earning units for your progress reward, you're probably not in the running. I was on the second units progress reward when I won a Hawkeye, and I've gotten a crystal for most others while being around that area. Anything more specific than that, and I really don't have any idea what an indicator would be- we really need a leaderboard.

I'm currently in the 110k - 200k tier, competing with two sets of 2-star champs. Here's hoping!

MC Safety

Has Kabam published the game's control scheme?

I can't find it anywhere inside the Contest of Champions application.

Drayco21

Has Kabam published the game's control scheme?

I can't find it anywhere inside the Contest of Champions application.

Not that I've seen, I think they overlooked it because of the simplicity.

It's just tapping and holding the left and right sides of the screen. Hold left to block, tap to dash backwards, tap right to light attack, swipe right to dash attack, hold right for a heavy attack, tap the super bar when the meter fills for super.

Dalek

Question: if I have a 1 star Collosus and then get a 2 star Collossus-is there any point in keeping the 1 star?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Question: if I have a 1 star Collosus and then get a 2 star Collossus-is there any point in keeping the 1 star?

Duplicate 1-star champions result in class specific upgrade materials so it's actually handy to keep them around.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Lots of stuff in the new update

Made a NeoGAF alliance to try it out.

What's New in Version 2.0.0

Summary:
• Alliances have arrived! And a new Alliance Crystal!
• New rewards for completing and mastering the Quest Acts. Earn a guaranteed 3-Star hero crystal for each Act you’ve explored 100%

• New Fight Menu combines the Arenas, Story Quests and Event Quest menus
• Find more information in your Summoner Profile
• You now have the ability to unblock users in the chat menu
• Fixed many Dash, Medium, Heavy and Special Attacks missing or failing to execute

Alliances are here!
• Create a new Alliance or join an existing one through the new Alliance Menu
• Invite other players to your Alliance
• Search for an Alliance by name or join a Recommended Alliance
• Receive rewards for entering your first Alliance
• Alliance News Feed: The news feed celebrates your Alliance member’s achievements!
• Alliance Chat: Chat with other members of your Alliance in a private Alliance channel
• Alliance Crystal: Gain Alliance Crystals and use Loyalty Points to purchase more for a chance to unlock Unstoppable Colossus!
• Help Allies: Ask your Alliance for Energy or Stamina or help your Alliance members and earn Loyalty Points

Gameplay:
• Many Special Attacks, including those for Wolverine, Iron Fist, Winter Soldier, Punisher, Black Panther, and many others have had their range adjusted to ensure they correctly connect with enemies even if activated immediately after a combo that knocked the enemy back.
• Champions no longer Evade while Stunned
• Payback and Unbreakable now display their maximum potential damage bonus
• Detailed descriptions for Bleed Immunity and Poison Immunity have been added
• Gamora: We’ve adjusted the scaling of her base Special Attack damage to ensure they scale up more similarly to other heroes. This also makes Gamora more reliant on her high Bleed damage, and improves the chances of opponents able to deal with her high Bleed. Vital Strike and Jade Assassin damage decreased by 10%, Godslayer damage increased by 10%
• Magik: The frequency of Rewind triggering was too low to be there when she needed it. We’ve increased the likelihood Rewind triggers by +20% at all levels. Rewind now heals over one second instead of instantly. Also, fixed a bug allowing Magik to break out of an enemy combo using Rewind. It now only removes Status Effects.
• Hulk: We’ve increased the Attack boost to ensure he’s appropriately scary in all game modes – as long as he’s angry! We also Increased Hulk Rage by +20% Attack at all ability levels
• Vision: Added Poison Immunity to our robot friend.

Bug Fixes & Optimization:
• Dash and Medium Attack issues for many heroes that sometimes missed or did not activate have been fixed
• Drax and Colossus Light and Medium Attack issues where they would not connect have been fixed
• Fixed an issue where the camera would stop moving after a level 3 special sequence.
• Fixed an issue where a heavy attack would get stuck in charge even after input has been released

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I just sent a request as well. Between this and Marvel Puzzle Quest, I'm doomed.
Don't see your request.

Seems Alliance base building is planned in some capacity. "Fight to take over a piece of the battle realm for yourselves".

KiDdYoNe

Ok just tried again.

Here you go

Sent my request, and I'll add a note directing players there to the OP.

You too!

You guys are lucky ones. I just got my 3 star champ from the new "here's your 3 star crystal, don't cry" thing and he sucks. Do you invest money in the game?

Oh and there's a "Help" button in alliances. Look there when you play the game, there may be friends who need some energy (right now, lol).

Drayco21

Sent my request, and I'll add a note directing players there to the OP.

Edit: Great day in the game today- my three star hero was Spider-Man (aw yiss), and the character I got out of my GAF Crystal was my first (2*) Star-Lord, plus I'm drowning in ISO-8 now.

jph139

So I was messing around with this a while back, tried again today and linked to my Google account. But when I restarted I'd lost all of my progress and had to go through the tutorial and stuff again - I figure I'm shit out of luck? No big loss since I was less than an hour in... but I'd just gotten Scarlet Witch!

Pretty fun to mess around with overall, though. I might request to join the Alliance thing later, too... if I can figure out how.

Top Bottom