• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel: Contest of Champions |OT| It's always Mahvel when you're on Mobile

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Today's new Ultron quest isn't joking around.. I count 60 energy needed for one clear if using the ideal path (not pictured).

OU0sTcz.jpg

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Haha!

I still fail to see why 3 Energy per node is necessary though.
Content gating. Takes longer to 100% the weekly quest that way (seems it's one new per week?). Work work work, the crystal reward makes it worth it though.

How's everyone doing in the current arena? I'm at 200k thereabouts now, a bit lower than I was at this point in the Iron Man one but I'm hopeful I'll manage to grab Thor too.

I got Drax 3-star randomly in another "special timed" 3-star crystal offer so with Thor I would suddenly have two arena teams of 3-star champs.

/progress!

Drayco21

Has there been talks of adding new fighters?

The trailer for this update shows that we're getting Hulkbuster Iron Man, Age of Ultron Captain America, MCU Vision and Ultron Prime at some point soon, presumably as they roll out more stuff for this Ultron update. There's also data leaked characters that haven't been added to the game yet- Magneto, Agent Venom, Luke Cage, Elektra, Moon Knight, Red Skull and X-Force Deadpool.

In this regard at least, I try and keep the OP updated.

Content gating. Takes longer to 100% the weekly quest that way (seems it's one new per week?). Work work work, the crystal reward makes it worth it though.

How's everyone doing in the current arena? I'm at 200k thereabouts now, a bit lower than I was at this point in the Iron Man one but I'm hopeful I'll manage to grab Thor too.

I got Drax 3-star randomly in another "special timed" 3-star crystal offer so with Thor I would suddenly have two arena teams of 3-star champs.

/progress!

At this point, I barely even bother with arenas. It's been finals week(s, thanks to projects) for me, so I won't be able to put real intense time into the game until Friday at least.

I still haven't gotten enough of my two-star characters levelled up to be competitive in the 3vs3's, generally lucky to even make the last tier of rewards.

mreddie

The trailer for this update shows that we're getting Hulkbuster Iron Man, Age of Ultron Captain America, MCU Vision and Ultron Prime at some point soon, presumably as they roll out more stuff for this Ultron update. There's also data leaked characters that haven't been added to the game yet- Magneto, Agent Venom, Luke Cage, Elektra, Moon Knight, Red Skull and X-Force Deadpool.

Hulkbuster Iron Man is in every Marvel game at this point, everyone sounds good aside from Red Skull but I hope they differ the characters from their MCU versions.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
New week-long Ultron alliance event up! Chop chop!

Edit: huzzah Thor!

HqQfLXd.jpg

Ended up getting more points than I did for Iron Man turns out.

Had around ~327k for that.
sxropG8.png

Glix

Let's step it up GAF!!!

Our clan is kinda lame!

Edit - and yeah, I got BW over a week ago. Didn't they say they added hulkbuster Iron Man too? I haven't seen him once.

LuuKyK

I don't think she was included in this patch, I have her in my roster for a long time now. Its probably just a themed crystal or whatever.

Btw, the first alliance crystal that I opened and I got that weird Colossus. lol My luck.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
BW was added in the Ultron patch and everyone got a 2-star for free, think this is the first time 3/4-star versions are available though.

I want Daredevil but the spider crystals refuse..

HighOnPCP

God damn the GAF alliance is really shit I just gotta say it. It's basically 5 people contributing etc. I NEVER get help on my requests or at least not enough (2/5 or 3/5 at best) So if anyone here has a active alliance that does help and actually completes those alliance events to get some crytsals etc. please hit me up I am active and will always help/request help so you can get your allaince rep to 1000 every day. ID is HighOnPCP

LuuKyK

God damn the GAF alliance is really shit I just gotta say it. It's basically 5 people contributing etc. I NEVER get help on my requests or at least not enough (2/5 or 3/5 at best) So if anyone here has a active alliance that does help and actually completes those alliance events to get some crytsals etc. please hit me up I am active and will always help/request help so you can get your allaince rep to 1000 every day. ID is HighOnPCP

I login everyday, even when I don't have time to play, if only to send alliance help. /shrug

HighOnPCP

I login everyday, even when I don't have time to play, if only to send alliance help. /shrug

I mean to get the 1000 alliance rep a day is one thing but we need to complete those events for some crystals and iso etc. there was this event where you just had to fight so basically if we ALL kept helping each other we could just fight all the time basically (not saying you have to sit there all day and play, I don't myself but be somewhat active) It was like 6k team effort for a prem. crystal and 10k for one of those new spider bite ones and we barely reached the 2k milestone I think lol I don't know I just think this would be WAY more fun with an alliance where everybody does their part.

HighOnPCP

So I left the GAf alliance (sorry but I had to lol) and just picked a random one that was still open...I requested help for 20 heroes and within 2 minutes I can now fight again becuse those fools maxed that shit 5/5 right away lol....ultron event is at 200k or something. the other event is basically done, just missing a few more points for last checkpoint.
Not trying to hate but just letting you guys know that are actually trying to play this somewhat actively.

Wow, high drama overnight.

A month ago I was the only one in the group playing at all on a daily basis before the Ultron patch lol..

Anyways, looks like it's on me now, so any GAF requests (to what is apparently a very casual Alliance!?), let me know and I'll add peeps in.

Have been gifted 2* Hulkbuster, Vision and Black Widow today. Very nice bonuses.

Glad I finally get to have a go with Hulkbuster!

Nice to see Ultron added to the playable roster now too.

DeviantBoi

Got the 3* Ultron from the previous arena.

Attempting to get it again from the current arena to unlock his special ability.

I had enough for one of the Magneto crystals. Didn't get him of course, but nice to see him added.

Great news about Spider-Gwen.

DeviantBoi

Been able to get all of the 3* heroes they've been giving out in the arenas these past couple of weeks: Ultron, Abomination, Magneto, and Scarlet Witch. I even unlocked their special ability. I'm on vacation and I have 30 2* champions, so that's helped a lot.

Been able to get all of the 3* heroes they've been giving out in the arenas these past couple of weeks: Ultron, Abomination, Magneto, and Scarlet Witch. I even unlocked their special ability. I'm on vacation and I have 30 2* champions, so that's helped a lot.

Nice.

I haven't been able to put much of a dent in lately with a new baby, but it seems much easier at the moment to get a better rank as I guess the hype has died off after the Ultron patch and probably less people are playing.

Drayco21

Al Ewing, a significantly better writer than the guy they actually hired to pen this game, is writing a comic expanding the story. It's also going to introduce brand new, original characters so they can put them in the game.

DeviantBoi

Nice.

I haven't been able to put much of a dent in lately with a new baby, but it seems much easier at the moment to get a better rank as I guess the hype has died off after the Ultron patch and probably less people are playing.

Well, for Scarlet Witch 3*, I had like 560K and ranked ~3300. So, still lots of people playing a lot.

And I just saw someone playing as Ant-Man and Yelllojacket on the Ant-Man red carpet stream, so they're incoming.

Well, for Scarlet Witch 3*, I had like 560K and ranked ~3300. So, still lots of people playing a lot.

And I just saw someone playing as Ant-Man and Yelllojacket on the Ant-Man red carpet stream, so they're incoming.

560k! Damn.. Yeah okay that rules me out forever still haha

Yup, figured as much when I saw the "Sponsored by Contest of Champions" on the Ant-Man premiere.

Durden77

It is but I think I might be the only one on GAF that is still playing the game on a daily basis. :p

Haha damn, I thought this game was still pretty popular. I turned this and Future Fight on for the first time in months a few days ago. Got a lot of catching up to do in FF and I like it more anyway, but I'll probably get back to dabbling with this.

It's fun, I just wish it didn't seem like EVERY hero was still just tap,tap,tap,swipe,swipe+special to victory. I was hoping they'd made some changes to mix it up by now. Also the fact that you can't actually rank up heroes is a turn off for me. Makes me feel like all my work in two star heroes is pointless.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
The game is very popular, just not on GAF. I'm mostly on Reddit.

Maxed out champs are the best and least time consuming way of earning champions rewards from the arenas. They changed it a while ago so that you get more points per fight the higher your rating is. Previously it was the opposite to an extent. Maxed champs or at least rank 2/20 - 3/1 allows infinite win streaks in the arenas. Rewards are also now allocated in % brackets rather than to a fixed number of players.

5 star champs are introduced this week along with Act 4 of the story in the new 5.0 update. They actually will have a QTE mini game for their special attack. But mortals will have to grind for quite some time to get those, myself included. :p

I'm Tunesmith ingame.

Does anyone still play this?

I tried coming back to it one more time recently after my last post. The game just fights me in every possible way. It's just too stressful and time consuming for me. Finally found an alliance and I just couldn't do enough damage to anything during AW and AQ. But I contributed and joined the battles anyway since it was required. Then I couldn't log in for about 18-20 hours and I'm kicked when I log back in. That was the final straw, I'm just not hardcore enough. Also, since my account is old, I've been put into the "Veteran Bracket", which means I need a shit load of points to earn a free character in the arenas. I'm talking millions of points! They don't care if you don't play the game constantly, as soon as your account reaches a certain age they screw you over. Fuck this game.

Rant over, I'm sorry. Had to get that off my chest.

I tried coming back to it one more time recently after my last post. The game just fights me in every possible way. It's just too stressful and time consuming for me. Finally found an alliance and I just couldn't do enough damage to anything during AW and AQ. But I contributed and joined the battles anyway since it was required. Then I couldn't log in for about 18-20 hours and I'm kicked when I log back in. That was the final straw, I'm just not hardcore enough. Also, since my account is old, I've been put into the "Veteran Bracket", which means I need a shit load of points to earn a free character in the arenas. I'm talking millions of points! They don't care if you don't play the game constantly, as soon as your account reaches a certain age they screw you over. Fuck this game.

Rant over, I'm sorry. Had to get that off my chest.

Haha yea last week I had to pull like 3 million to get the 4 star spider gweyn. Only reason i did it was because i had an off day on memorial day with nothing else to do.

Still play daily. :)

Ah I picked the game up a few months ago. At about 71K PI now. I figure a site as big as NeoGAF surely must have some that play. Looking for a few people to add to the alliance I'm currently in.

Drayco21

Every now and then, I run out of things to do in Future Fight without fully scratching my Marvel itch and I load this up still.

And every time, it reminds me of why I spend all my time playing Future Fight instead. I really wanted to love this game, but the character acquisition is just too awful for me to keep caring.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Every now and then, I run out of things to do in Future Fight without fully scratching my Marvel itch and I load this up still.

And every time, it reminds me of why I spend all my time playing Future Fight instead. I really wanted to love this game, but the character acquisition is just too awful for me to keep caring.

There's large parts random luck to it but I've never had any real issues acquiring the champions I want. It's more troublesome to get the required materials to max out the champions (this is where a lot of the critique in the game currently lies).
Ah I picked the game up a few months ago. At about 71K PI now. I figure a site as big as NeoGAF surely must have some that play. Looking for a few people to add to the alliance I'm currently in.

GAF's playerbase for this game isn't big, nearly non-existent I would say. If you're looking for an alliance I'd browse the /r/ LFG subreddit, there are tons of postings there all the time. https://www.reddit.com/r/contestofchampionsLFG/

There's large parts random luck to it but I've never had any real issues acquiring the champions I want. It's more troublesome to get the required materials to max out the champions (this is where a lot of the critique in the game currently lies).

GAF's playerbase for this game isn't big, nearly non-existent I would say. If you're looking for an alliance I'd browse the /r/ LFG subreddit, there are tons of postings there all the time. https://www.reddit.com/r/contestofchampionsLFG/

Oh I have one I'm looking for people who want to jump on board to mine lol. I looked up NeoGAF and it seemed like a wasteland. Most people haven't logged in months. And I figure with so many users there has to be some that still play on GAF.

Top Bottom