• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel: Contest of Champions |OT| It's always Mahvel when you're on Mobile

Sent a request to the alliance! Game is pretty fun so far. Got starting spidy and wolverine, then Colossus and 2* Iron Man and the Widow from ultron.

Edt: Thanks for accept, got a 3* Blackbolt from the join crystal =)

bpd

Banned
Sent a request to the alliance! Game is pretty fun so far. Got starting spidy and wolverine, then Colossus and 2* Iron Man and the Widow from ultron.

Pro-tip for early players, try not to upgrade 1*, not worth it in the long run.

Only upgrade 2* to Rank 3 Level 1. This level should be good enough to win any match in the 3 star arenas (in the 3* arena, you will face only 2* opponents, so if you face maxed out opponents, you should still be able to beat them at Rank 3 Level 1). You gain points in 3 star arenas and at the end of the arena you can get prizes based on where you placed among the other people you compete with. Your points are multiplied if you have a longer win streak. I currently have about 15 2* characters at that level, so that gives me 5 teams that I can play with every 2 hours (takes 2 hours to replenish a characters energy). So that allows me to keep my multiplier going (max multiplier is 3). So every team gives me about 4500 points. It's better to have at least 4 teams at that level that will keep your multiplier going, than it is to have numerous teams at lower rank that could possibly reset your multiplier.

It's very difficult to get a 4*, some people are lucky. So I would focus on upgrading your 3* after you upgrade at least 12 2* characters to the level I mentioned above.

DeviantBoi

They lowered the price of the Deadpool package to $10, but they changed Deadpool to a 2-star character.

Almost picked it up, but not with only two stars.

Pro-tip for early players, try not to upgrade 1*, not worth it in the long run.

Only upgrade 2* to Rank 3 Level 1. This level should be good enough to win any match in the 3 star arenas (in the 3* arena, you will face only 2* opponents, so if you face maxed out opponents, you should still be able to beat them at Rank 3 Level 1). You gain points in 3 star arenas and at the end of the arena you can get prizes based on where you placed among the other people you compete with. Your points are multiplied if you have a longer win streak. I currently have about 15 2* characters at that level, so that gives me 5 teams that I can play with every 2 hours (takes 2 hours to replenish a characters energy). So that allows me to keep my multiplier going (max multiplier is 3). So every team gives me about 4500 points. It's better to have at least 4 teams at that level that will keep your multiplier going, than it is to have numerous teams at lower rank that could possibly reset your multiplier. .

Should I do the 50 credit 1-2* crystal or always save for the 100 credit option?

bpd

Banned

Should I do the 50 credit 1-2* crystal or always save for the 100 credit option?

I am not certain what 50 credit 1-2* crystal you are talking about, that may be something new only for newer players as I don't think I have seen that option. But I think saving for a guaranteed 2-4* is better than doing the 1-2 *

The daily crystal gives you 1-2*. IMO, save at least 5 daily crystals at a time, then open them all at once (the button on the bottom right, don't do the spin). Whenever I open 1 at a time, for me I usually get a lot of duplicates. Opening 5-10 at a time I usually get at least a few 2* instead of the 1* I normally get if I open it every day.

I would actually recommend doing that for all crystal types, but I can see the temptation of opening a premium hero crystal as soon as you can. For arena crystals, definitely open those in bunches. What I do is I get about 25-30 crystals saved up, then I open 10 of them. IF I get am awarded those silver credits in that opening, then I'll continue to open the rest, because if I noticed once you get awarded something, you will keep getting similar awards for the remaining crystals you open. I once got about 250 of those silver credits doing it that way. If I don't get silver credits, then I will stop opening them, and then continue to build up the crystal collection until I get to 25-30 again. Same goes for versus crystals, though I now no longer waste my time playing that. Alliance crystal I open as soon as I can because I don't really care for their awards, though I have gotten a silver Unstoppable Collossus a few times already.

Finally, consider saving your silver credits. Once you are awarded three - five 2* characters, you will be presented with a purchase. The game will ask you if you want to purchase a 3 star guaranteed crystal for 400 silver credits. That is what I would spend your silver credits on for now. Then once you obtain three-five 3* characters you will be asked if you want to buy a guaranteed gold character crystal for 2500 credits. Just things to think about.

So for now I would build a team of 2 star chracters to help you compete in the 3 star arena. PLay the story missions as you will get character crystal rewards for completing the acts and for 100% completing the acts (just go to each act and see the "view rewards on the bottom left). Save 2500 arena credits, you will need that to unlock the crystal cornacopia, an event every sunday there is an arena competition that gives you guaranteed 2 star crystals for getting a certain number of points. Once you get the desired number of 2 star characters, I'd say 12-15, just save your credits so you can purchase guaranteed 3 star crystals, or the guaranteed 4 star crystals. Also, play in the proving grounds and daily events as you will need those items to upgrade your characters later on.

Finally, don't get sucked in lol. Play for fun but don't spend all day and night playing this thing. Yea, do the above stuff, but don't go crazy or do it all the time. You can obviously have many more 2 star teams to compete in the 3 star arena, but having a max of 5 teams for me is good, since it only takes me about 4 minutes each team fight. So I can take a small break in my day to play for a little bit. In the end, it's just a game with fake rewards that don't mean anything, so don't allow yourself to get sucked in, and don't allow yourself to get frustrated. A lot of people tend to end up getting really frustrated at this game, but you can save yourself the frustration if you are not super invested in it.

Glix

I was weak and bought the $20 Deadpool pack. I figued with the 300 unts too it was a pretty decent deal. It was late. lol.

I also saw that the Second Skin Rhino event was new players only so I figured maybe I could rank decently. I grinded the hell out of it and was shocked when I ranked 336 or something. Got the top tier prize, 3 star Rhino and two premium (2*-4*) crystals.

I have gotten my 3 star Drax and 3 star Rhino to Rank 2.

I 100% the available Ultron missions, it was a grind but worth it. Don't sleep on the exploration prizes, they are pretty sweet.

I finished act one of the main story mode, I"m working on catalysts and 100%-ing act one, as I end up having to blow healing items to get through act 2 chapters currently.

Still really enjoying the game. Please ask for help more in the alliance guys. I really would like to build up more of the alliance credits. Thanks.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
It's been months since I've seen the Deadpool offer, I wanted to get it but it refuses to show up again.

Btw I've promoted all GAF alliance members to officers, just to differentiate between us and the randoms (if I've missed someone let me know).

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
*raises hand*

I'm under the same name. :3
I don't know what you're talking about

ioWn8HP.jpg

I was weak and bought the $20 Deadpool pack. I figued with the 300 unts too it was a pretty decent deal. It was late. lol.

I also saw that the Second Skin Rhino event was new players only so I figured maybe I could rank decently. I grinded the hell out of it and was shocked when I ranked 336 or something. Got the top tier prize, 3 star Rhino and two premium (2*-4*) crystals.

I have gotten my 3 star Drax and 3 star Rhino to Rank 2.

I 100% the available Ultron missions, it was a grind but worth it. Don't sleep on the exploration prizes, they are pretty sweet.

I finished act one of the main story mode, I"m working on catalysts and 100%-ing act one, as I end up having to blow healing items to get through act 2 chapters currently.

Still really enjoying the game. Please ask for help more in the alliance guys. I really would like to build up more of the alliance credits. Thanks.

Was that a new player thing? I only did it for a day (since I just started) with like 2 teams and still got like rank 5000 so I got 3* Rhino and I think some 2* from the crystal. Also got a 2* punisher from a 1v1 crystal, team is growing~

Versus is usually pretty easy I feel, only match I lost paired my ~250 guy against someone who was 480. Still took them to 25% but the damage they did to me while I blocked was the same as my medium attacks on them unblocked T_T

Glix

Was that a new player thing? I only did it for a day (since I just started) with like 2 teams and still got like rank 5000 so I got 3* Rhino and I think some 2* from the crystal. Also got a 2* punisher from a 1v1 crystal, team is growing~

Versus is usually pretty easy I feel, only match I lost paired my ~250 guy against someone who was 480. Still took them to 25% but the damage they did to me while I blocked was the same as my medium attacks on them unblocked T_T

Versus gets harder and harder as your win streak increases. Usually around 10 they start laying on more serious opponents.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Masteries are live.

It's basically two (third coming soon) talent trees you can put mastery points into that are gained by increasing your level that applies to all your champions.

Offensive/Defensive stuff increasing attack damage/health etc.

DeviantBoi

Masteries are live.

It's basically two (third coming soon) talent trees you can put mastery points into that are gained by increasing your level that applies to all your champions.

Offensive/Defensive stuff increasing attack damage/health etc.
How do you unlock that one section of the tree that has two canisters? You buy them from the store or earn them?

New Ultron missions are up

Kinda crazy that at level 30 (48 energy), I can't even finish one run through these missions without running out of Energy. Had to use three Energy refills just to complete the first run through (for 30% exploration completion).

Kabam plz.

Glix

Got a 3 Star crystal from 100%ing the first set of missions. Was a hell of a grind but worth it. I pulled good ole' Emil. My fourth 3 star dude.

Really hoping to get a Hawkeye. I have no idea what the score thresholds usually are but I'm grinding my ass off.

Edit. Did not get Hawkeye, got a 2-4* crystal tho. 160k pts - ranked 5468 In the Trickshot (3 and 4* teams) I got rank 3997 for 71005 points.

Who's the lucky sod that scored a 3-star Electro earlier?!

Put a few Duels in this morning to up our Alliance score. Rewards for that are pretty good too if everyone's playing.

HighOnPCP

Sup folks. So I'm relatively new to the game and I like it!
I play uite alot when I'm not at work etc. so I'd say I'm very active, I try to do all my arena battles on time etc. and always ask for help when they have to recharge (helps the alliance in the long run right?) But the problem is I just chose a random alliance to get my rewards lol and they're not really active. I get 200 alliance rep a day if I'm lucky so long story short I'm looking for a good active alliance where I can get my 1000 alliance points a day lol.
Also with the new alliance events there's some nice rewards that are not that hard to reach I think so yeah hit me up my in game name is HighOnPCP.

Oh yeah I got like 15 two stars and three 3 stars so far if that matters.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Sent you an alliance invite.

Who's the lucky sod that scored a 3-star Electro earlier?!

Put a few Duels in this morning to up our Alliance score. Rewards for that are pretty good too if everyone's playing.
That was me, got it from a "limited time offer 3-star crystal" thing after spending 500 units of 5 premium crystals that netted 5 dupes. :)

On another note, I finally figured out that in order to get anywhere in the arena tournaments, level up your 2-star champs! Then you get matched with more "easy" opponents in a row. I had assumed it was a linear scaling difficulty like the 1 vs 1 arenas but it appears not to be the case, or at least quick.

ZiZ

man, I haven't read comics in a while.

why are there two Juggernauts? why are they magic? is Deadpool a mutant now?

man, I haven't read comics in a while.

why are there two Juggernauts? why are they magic? is Deadpool a mutant now?

Colossus became Juggernaut for a little while, not anymore though. Not sure what the magic thing is all about. Deadpool isn't a mutant but continues to show up in most Mutant/X-books.

I applied to join the alliance. Just started playing this game.

Drayco21

Colossus became Juggernaut for a little while, not anymore though. Not sure what the magic thing is all about. Deadpool isn't a mutant but continues to show up in most Mutant/X-books.

I applied to join the alliance. Just started playing this game.

Juggernaut has always been magic; his powers and physique come from the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, the ancient god that enhances his chosen avatar with great strength to spread bloodlust and destruction in his name.

Deadpool being a mutant in-game is just straight up wrong, though.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Electro is pretty great, he has a nice stun special. I'm annoyed that I lack the catalysts to upgrade him to rank 2 atm.

Iron Fist is still my favorite though, his stacking Armor Break ability is brutal.

Edit: Haha, the new alliance event is up.. to open crystals!

DeviantBoi

I just got to Act 2 and the difficulty ramped up too fast.

I can make it through, but with a lot of heals.

I'm only level 21? Do I'm still a bit away from a fifth hero in my party.

What's a good way to grind xp?

Drayco21

I backed off from the story and focused on versus modes and the daily/weekly event stuff until I grinded a team together that could make it through. The current Ultron event will probably be really good for that.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Is there only Alliance for GAF available?
I mean, since the one right now is full. lol

What's your in-game name? I'll make room for you.
You can also add me to friends in-game and I'll send you an invite: Tunesmith

Best ISO-8 farming right now are these levels. Try to do the highest below in the list that you have access to:

(Act.Chapter.Level)

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
:(

All these Electros..

I bought another of the $12 bundles on the weekend.

Ended up with another 3 two-star dupes. FML haha.. That's it, not another penny.
Until next month!

I was very close of spending some this weekend but then I got really lucky with 2 new 3-star champions (Electro and today Iron Man from the weekend event). Now I need to level these up before I "need" more.

Kanyon

Downloaded this on a whim thanks to this thread, it's surprisingly good fun in short bursts. I'm relatively new to these kind of F2P games on mobile so I'm willing to give it a change over a longer period. Have got Spider-Man, Wolverine, Black Widow, Drax and Gamora so far. And thanks to some of the tips in this thread, looks like I'm in for a treat with my ISO-8 farming, so I can level up my characters quickly.

Until next month!

I was very close of spending some this weekend but then I got really lucky with 2 new 3-star champions (Electro and today Iron Man from the weekend event). Now I need to level these up before I "need" more.

Yeah probably haha..

Gonna stick to upgrading all of my 2 stars now. Seems that's where the real potential lies, in actually being able to put in competitive 3vs3 results.

EDIT: While we're on the subject, Tunesmith, can you please promote WolverTrace to GAF crew as well, that's my missus, she plays regularly and has pending GAF membership.

Any room in the alliance for someone who literally just started? In game name is Zrof.

You'd likely be more active than 90% of the randoms who have joined the GAF Alliance, so I don't see why not haha!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Will do!

It's nice that the alliance is slowly filling up with GAFers, some of the randoms put in the work but most are semi inactive. Going to purge a few. Later on I think some 30day inactivity guideline could be ok.

Iceman2343

Neo Member
Hey Tunesmith, I just applied as "1ceman2343" (they wouldn't let me use Iceman2343 for some reason). Would you be able to promote me to officer a well? I just started playing as well.

Top Bottom