• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Ant-Man - Trailer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yup, AoU is a monster. Stick this trailer in front of it and Ant-Man has a chance of clearing a billion.

You're not able to think rationally when it comes to anything Marvel related, are you?

You say some of the craziest things in Marvel threads.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
seriously, Evangeline's hair is turrible. She looks like Betty Brant from Spiderman 2
latest

and yes, Betty was cute, but Evangeline needs Claire Underwood's hair imho

Cuburt

If Ant-Man did 1 billion would would laugh so fucking hard, and then question how the fuck it happened in this realm of existence.

Once GotG came way closer to breaking $800M than two sequels, CA: TWS or Thor: TDW, I think all bets are off going forward.

It could also explain why Marvel/Disney decided that they are introducing more new properties than dipping into spin-offs or sequels for Phase 3..

BLACKLAC

Once GotG came way closer to breaking $800M than two sequels, CA: TWS or Thor: TDW, I think all bets are off going forward.

It could also explain why Marvel/Disney decided that they are introducing more new properties than dipping into spin-offs or sequels for Phase 3..

Yup. New concepts, new visuals.

i wonder if hero man will doubt his ability to perform hero task while bad ant man become ever more powerful villain, but then hero man will realize yes! he can do the thing to save the world from bad villain man

Fiveshift

Neo Member

Well that and they also get many more characters for tent-pole movies.

Personally I prefer it rather than beating current characters dead with sequels. (aka Iron Man) Although it didn't help that many solo sequels were uninspired. (except CA:TWS)

I'd rather see more on screen interaction of the TV shows both ABC and Netflix shows with the film characters even if it's just a small scene. Should be pretty easy to get the show actors for a film scene at least.

Well that and they also get many more characters for tent-pole movies.

Personally I prefer it rather than beating current characters dead with sequels. (aka Iron Man) Although it didn't help that many solo sequels were uninspired. (except CA:TWS)

I'd rather see more on screen interaction of the TV shows both ABC and Netflix shows with the film characters even if it's just a small scene. Should be pretty easy to get the show actors for a film scene at least.

Yup, they can't keep RDJ, Hemsworth and Evans around forever and they can't just recast them. They can replace the character they play with new characters to take the identity of their Superhero, but that could back fire on the popularity of said Superhero, so having other characters to fall back on in case of that is smart.

mreddie

Yup, they can't keep RDJ, Hemsworth and Evans around forever and they can't just recast them. They can replace the character they play with new characters to take the identity of their Superhero, but that could back fire on the popularity of said Superhero, so having other characters to fall back on in case of that is smart.

Yep, they can recast them (look at Banner) but it's a safty net to introduce more heroes such as Vision, Ant-Man, Falcon, Scarlet, Quicksilver, Cap Marvel and Inhumans and who knows, maybe they can add Wasp, Tigra or Medusa or even Kamala or Nova.

Yep, they can recast them (look at Banner) but it's a safty net to introduce more heroes such as Vision, Ant-Man, Falcon, Scarlet, Quicksilver, Cap Marvel and Inhumans and who knows, maybe they can add Wasp, Tigra or Medusa or even Kamala or Nova.

They recast Banner because they absolutely had to, but now we don't see anymore Hulk movies being made.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
The reaction people give when you tell them there's an upcoming action-film with Thomas the Train in it.... priceless.

So if his strength when shrinking is the same or increases, does his physical endurance change too? Like when he hurls the train at Yellow-jacket, will that inflict the same damage as if it was a regular- or toy-train?

So if his strength when shrinking is the same or increases, does his physical endurance change too? Like when he hurls the train at Yellow-jacket, will that inflict the same damage as if it was a regular- or toy-train?

The train should do nothing other than distraction, but we'll see.

Really, this is one of the biggest reasons The Avengers was such a smart property to run with. The lineup has constantly changed over the years in the books, which as least opens up that possibility if you can't retain any given actor. They have dozens of characters to pick from.

Unfamiliar audiences will have to get used to that, but I think they'd go for it if the quality is there.

tomtom94

How many movies will this trailer be attached to? Not just Avengers, right?

Well, between AoU and Ant-Man, we have quite a few films that the Ant-Man trailer would "fit". Mad Max, Tomorrowland, Jurassic World, the new Terminator... plus there's quite a few comedies like Hot Pursuit, Spy etc, all of which I could see Marvel putting a trailer in front of (especially if they're going the comedy route).

Interestingly I see a number of big comedy films out around the same time as Ant-Man - Trainwreck out the same week but more worryingly Pixels out the week after. That might hurt the box office.

dorikyasu

i wonder if hero man will doubt his ability to perform hero task while bad ant man become ever more powerful villain, but then hero man will realize yes! he can do the thing to save the world from bad villain man
This exact quote should be used as synopsis for the Ant-Man bootleg DVD back cover.

It wasn't a high bar to reach before, but now the bar is set really high.

Well, Loki wasn't precisely a cut-and-dry black-and-white bad guy, but he got annoying pretty quickly with all the double and triple crossing and backstabbing. Both literally and figuratively. :p

mreddie

Well, between AoU and Ant-Man, we have quite a few films that the Ant-Man trailer would "fit". Mad Max, Tomorrowland, Jurassic World, the new Terminator... plus there's quite a few comedies like Hot Pursuit, Spy etc, all of which I could see Marvel putting a trailer in front of (especially if they're going the comedy route).

Interestingly I see a number of big comedy films out around the same time as Ant-Man - Trainwreck out the same week but more worryingly Pixels out the week after. That might hurt the box office.

Guardians came out one week and the next week was Turtles.

AntMan is in a more crowded area of the summer so time will tell.

Ultryx

This movie is looking like it's going to be a fun watch. I had zero interest until this trailer. Count me in now!

Betty

Banned
seriously, Evangeline's hair is turrible. She looks like Betty Brant from Spiderman 2
latest

and yes, Betty was cute, but Evangeline needs Claire Underwood's hair imho

You're not wrong, I really dislike Evangeline as an actress anyway, finding out she was in this lost some of my enthusiasm.

Guys I wasn't following the production of this movie but I know that Lilly is gonna be Hope Pym, daughter of Hank and the Wasp. Is there any chance of a character taking the role of the Wasp in the MCU? The obvious choice would be Hope Pym but I don't know.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Guys I wasn't following the production of this movie but I know that Lilly is gonna be Hope Pym, daughter of Hank and the Wasp. Is there any chance of a character taking the role of the Wasp in the MCU? The obvious choice would be Hope Pym but I don't know.

I think its pretty much guaranteed.

injurai

Banned
not feeling the trailer to be honest, will be interesting

curious how ant-man's character will play into the future MCU films

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I "hope" so. lol

I don't know why they didn't cast Rudd as Hank and Lilly as Janet from the beginning. But in Marvel we trust.

Might have had something to do with Wasp originally being planned for Avengers, and this script being written for almost a decade. That's just speculation on my part, think they wanted to get it all out of the way in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom