• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Ant-Man - Trailer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks fantastic, the scene with the train especially was just superb.

Although I'm disappointed they'd ruin that in a trailer. Would have been pretty amazing to see that on the big screen for the first time. I imagine the pop from the audience would have been incredible...

I have a feeling that if they're fighting in a kid's room, that's only a fraction of the amazing hilarity they'll be getting up to.

LaNaranja

Hopefully it comes close to the tone of the current run of Ant-Man. It is the perfect mix of comedy and feels.

antman4.jpg

overcast

Looks okay. Really feels like it is just hitting the MCU notes apart from the Thomas scene and gun scene. Those look fun.

My hopes for this movie have definitely grown. I don't think it's going to be as big of a surprise as Guardians was, but I don't think it'll be the MCU's first bomb as some are predicting.

Cuburt

Yeah but the argument is one I can see people relying on for years to come.

Lots of people have seemed to have started saying this with the teaser yesterday and the trailer today. It's definitely going to stick since it seems to be the only way some Edgar Wright fans can reconcile this movie possibly turning out good.

Lots of people have seemed to have started saying this with the teaser yesterday and the trailer today. It's definitely going to stick since it seems to be the only way some Edgar Wright fans can reconcile this movie possibly turning out good.

You fanboys never quit lol. While it would be a shame if this movie turns out good and people only give wright credit for it, something that shouldnt happen. It's obvious that arguably the two most interesting parts about that trailer were from his work before he left

The gun running scene was straight out of the test footage he filmed a while ago. And that Thomas the tank engine scene just screams something he would have done with this, especially the gag where it cuts to the small set crashing

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
You fanboys never quit lol. While it would be a shame if this movie turns out good and people only give wright credit for it, something that shouldnt happen. It's obvious that arguably the two most interesting parts about that trailer were from his work before he left

The gun running scene was straight out of the test footage he filmed a while ago. And that Thomas the tank engine scene just screams something he would have done with this, especially the gag where it cuts to the small set crashing

You are just proving his point right now though with this assumption (not saying you are wrong).

Well if the bulk of the movie is up to snuff then obviously reed and the rest of the production crew deserve their credit as well at the end of the day

Well if the bulk of the movie is up to snuff then obviously reed and the rest of the production crew deserve their credit as well at the end of the day

Also, to be fair, whatever ideas Wright shared with Marvel weren't really his once that happened. It's weird that people expected the movie to have zero trace of Wright after he spent years concepting ideas with them.

Also, to be fair, whatever ideas Wright shared with Marvel weren't really his once that happened. It's weird that people expected the movie to have zero trace of Wright after he spent years concepting ideas with them.

No doubt, I'm glad they're using some of the action scenes he had mapped out. Dude's one of the few out there who could bring something unique to the genre

Probabbly spoilers but
do some ants speak?

I swear I read somewhere on here that they will.

not in a way where we would hear them speaking English to Scott in the movie, but there was information released earlier that the ants would have their own personalities that would come across in the interactions.

not in a way where we would hear them speaking English to Scott in the movie, but there was information released earlier that the ants would have their own personalities that would come across in the interactions.

Spoiler about hypothetical event ->
You know one of those spiders is going to die and *everybody* in the cinema is going to cry their damn eyes out

Ants, not spiders.

I. AM. ANT. WE. ARE. ANT.

I swear to god I don't know how I messed that up. Servers me right for posting at work lol.
I hate Evangeline Lilly. She stands around making ugly faces. Rashida Jones should have been in this as wasp

Nothing against Lilly personally but the wig (or her hair if it's natural) is seriously distracting. So I agree that Jones would have been better.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I hate Evangeline Lilly. She stands around making ugly faces. Rashida Jones should have been in this as wasp

ras-wasp.jpg

Jones would have been great but I'm honestly not seeing what's wrong with Lily. Haven't seen her in much so I guess it's less noticeable, but in this trailer she looked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom