• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Ant-Man - Trailer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

The effects looked much better than I expected, and that last train bit. LOL. I was kinda iffy on the movie, but will definitely watch this movie in theaters now. I don't think I've missed a single MCU movie yet.

Cuburt

I. AM. ANT. WE. ARE. ANT.

Ent-Man

TreebeardatIsengard.png

Pez

I'm not really expecting much from this movie other than a continuation of the MCU.

As long as I enjoy sitting through it, I'm not looking for much else. I'm looking more forward to how he'll integrate into a proper Avengers movie, as Paul Rudd's best strengths are when he's playing off someone.

The great thing too is that there's always a second chance for these characters after mega films like Avengers 3. Cap 1 sucked, but Winter Soldier post-Avengers turned out awesome!

It's very...Marvel-esque. Bright lighting, occasional witty humour, female supporting character who knows how to fight, business executive antagonist who fights protagonist with similar technology, etc.

I don't know, it looks rather mediocre outside of the fight scenes, which look, visually, splendid.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
It's very...Marvel-esque. Bright lighting, occasional witty humour, female supporting character who knows how to fight, business executive antagonist who fights protagonist with similar technology, etc.

I don't know, it looks rather mediocre outside of the fight scenes, which look, visually, splendid.
So $600 million, easy.

With how big Marvel is now I don't see how this pulls anything less than Cap 1 or Thor. Thor was a pretty odd sell at the time too, and Chris Hemsworth was nowhere near as big a name then as Paul Rudd is now.

The question is what would be considered a 'failure'. Less than 600 million? Should clear that easily.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
With how big Marvel is now I don't see how this pulls anything less than Cap 1 or Thor. Thor was a pretty odd sell at the time too, and Chris Hemsworth was nowhere near as big a name then as Paul Rudd is now.

The question is what would be considered a 'failure'. Less than 600 million? Should clear that easily.

Post Avengers hype should ensure that it easily clears that.

I wonder what the Avengers 2 bump is going to look like when it comes to Phase 3

I honestly am not convinced that Avengers 2 will top Avengers 1, either in opening weekend or overall. Will do extraordinarily well no doubt, but I wonder if some of the novelty is gone now that it's been done before.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I honestly am not convinced that Avengers 2 will top Avengers 1, either in opening weekend or overall. Will do extraordinarily well no doubt, but I wonder if some of the novelty is gone now that it's been done before.

I reckon opening weekend yes, overall I'm unsure.

M.W.

No doubt. Opening weekend will beat the original but lifetime, ehhh not sold on it yet.

Road

I haven't seen so many jokes fall so flat in one trailer. If you replaced Paul Rudd with Adam Sandler I wouldn't know the difference.

Still hoping for reverse trailer curse (garbage trailer -> good movie).

:/ Nothing I've seen so far has gotten me excited....not sure why.

It looks nice but the characters so far aren't interesting me in the slightest.
Genius gets super science-tech stolen
Rogue looking for redemption
That line from YellowJacket - 'you can't change anything'

Generic honestly isn't the term I want to use but I'm not seeing anything to draw me to this movie.

I hope Stoll seriously brings the menace, creeps, and craziness to Yellowjacket.

I can't bare another shallow MCU villain. Gimme someone totally insane. Let's go Bond villain insane.

Is it me or we can see the reshoot scenes with different dialogue like the interrogation scene between Douglas and Rudd; different lighting, delivery and dialogue for the similar scene. Hmmmm.

Dunno if the reshoot was to change the tone a bit, make it way more like a comedy than something that didn't know what it was. Like the teaser trailer led it to be believed.

Movie looks good from the trailer but it seems like they gave away the plot synopsis for the whole movie in it.

I know it's a comic book movie but maybe they should have toned it down a bit. I don't see why they had to show so much in it.

Damnit Marvel

How many times do you have to do the "evil version of the hero" villain?

This is pretty much the fundamental superhero trope, isn't it? Expecting deviation from that part of the formula is a bit much, even for a sideshow like Ant Man.

I'd say Captain America 1 as well.

I'd include every super hero movie ever made and the overwhelming majority of superhero comics ever printed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom