• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider Man 2 Gameplay Revealed - Releases Fall 2023 | PlayStation Showcase

twinspectre

Shit-Man 2 with its dumb A.I. They will always show you a tough enemy at the beginning and then when it is time to face them, these tough boss turn into pussies.
Enemies watching their comrade being dissintegrated by a lil fuck they wait.
DA FACK WAS DAT SHOW?

People that enjoyed this show I firmly believe y'all are trolling at this point, lmao.

Anyone else not a fan of the "realistic" style graphics? I think it should be more cartoony. At least kraven looks decent even if its not exactly the attire I expect, I thought the villains in the original looked bad and not how they are supposed to.

dottme

The screenshots in the opening are coming from the video, right? Else it’s worst than I’m thinking.

Hot5pur

That was a bit rough, but the animations were good. The switching between characters and too many on-rails makes it more of an interactive movie. Might be fun to pick up on a sale on PC.

Looks good but I think it being Marvel just puts me off. Such an oversaturated area in entertainment at the minute, hard to feel excited for anything with that logo slapped on it.

I also thought that trailer was way too long. Would have been good to maybe have seen a shorter one with a couple other shorter trailers in there.

SABRE220

Wtf was that....I was keeping my expectations in check but seriouslt WTF...how did they manage to make a next gen exclusive look worse than miles morales. Seriously what is going on this gen...this was supposed to be sonys first party showstopper and this is nothing compared to rachet even.

Robb

Gold Member
Looks fantastic to me. Now that a TotK is out this is probably my most anticipated game! Although the Venom Suit looks pretty bad visually imo with the glare effect or whatever they’ve got going on.

Seems to take place on the same map (surprise surprise). Looking forward to people not complaining about that while they keep complaining about Zelda.

mortal

Gold Member
The gameplay looks good. It looks like a reasonable step up from Miles Morales, but I wasn't exactly blown away by the visuals.

I guess that announcement teaser was just a target render after all.

Fredrik

I think the low stream quality take away a lot of the details, goes for all games shown in this event.
Anyway I loved Miles Morales so I’m in for another one 👍

SABRE220

People need to replay the PS4 game... Blind asses.

Don't watch a stream.

Or you can be unbiased and just look at the reality...this legit barely looks a upgrade to morales. Some things are superior but the overall visual presentation is less coherant and looks far less polished than even morales. This is far from the next gen showcase we expect from sonys first party or insomniacs own pedigree. Its ok to have decent expectations from your favorite devs, and I love insomniac.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Or you can be unbiased and just look at the reality...this legit looks a sidegrade to morales. Some things are superior but the overall visual presentation is less coherant and looks far less polished than even morales. This is far from the next gen showcase we expect from sonys first party or insomniacs own pedigree. Its ok to have decent expectations from your favorite devs, and I love insomniac.
Or I have working eyes.

Graphics look good but a gen behind Matrix. Still good enough compared to most non-demo next gen games.

Gameplay looked dated and boring. I am honestly blown away by how little they have innovated and I had low hopes to begin with. Insomniac proving yet again that they are not Top Tier studio like ND, SSM, Rockstar and even the Zelda team over at Nintendo. Gameplay wise they just cant cut it even if they have nailed down the production values.
You think this looks better than Watch-Dogs Legion (A launch title btw) or FH5? No way.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Gameplay looked dated and boring. I am honestly blown away by how little they have innovated and I had low hopes to begin with.
10000000000% agree.

People try to say ‘well look at how many Zelda games Nintendo have made, Spider-Man and XYZ are just as evergreen’ and it’s just like, no. It’s not the same. At all. The combat looked exactly like the first game and it was already tired by MM.

Killer8

The suit looks terrible, even in the 4K trailer.

Cdx0FDj.png

Top Bottom