• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider Man 2 Gameplay Revealed - Releases Fall 2023 | PlayStation Showcase

Unknown?

Looked like a PS4 game 🤷‍♂️
And yet still better than anything on Series or Switch.
The Miles Morales expansion somehow looks more impressive from a visual standpoint than this gameplay demo shown today. Looks like this game may be coming in hot. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed to 2024.
What? Miles Morales he can't travel nearly as fast as he did here.

apowhungo

looks amazing in motion
Wrestling Fuck You GIF by AEWonTV

kebaldo

Can't believe they thought it was a good enough to be shown. The city parts are beautiful but the parts with water look like shit, if you want to show a game don't show the most weaker points in the first fucking gameplay trailer. What a noob move.

sendit

Except they don't. We literally saw multiple different dead poses/knockout poses in this trailer. These 4 were all knocked out in teh same exact way using hte same attack. Let's not create idiotic claims.
Lets stop making excuses. Regardless if the enemy was defeated the same way, I would expect a PS5 only title to have objects rigged to an actual physics model. In the screen shot posted, they all look liked they experienced rigor mortis.

Titles like Red Dead, and GTA already do this extensively.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Lets stop making excuses. Regardless if the enemy was defeated the same way, I would expect a PS5 only title to have objects rigged to an actual physics model. In the screen shot posted, they all look liked they experienced rigor mortis.

Titles like Red Dead, and GTA already do this extensively.

Mate, you are the one making excuses here. There is plenty to criticize with this showing. This? This isn't one of them.

drotahorror

Much more interested in Wolverine. I was thinking that dude at beginning was Sabertooth and we were getting Wolverine gameplay. Yeah I don't know shit about Marvel stuff.

Looks like Spider-man.

Reactions: Fbh
Don't ask me Static I'm at a loss for words. F***ing awful.
I'm glad although saddened that we are on the same page, cause i was actually looking forward to a graphical showcase
Edit: But no I do not believe it looks like a PS4 game. Still awful showing though.
But this i disagree on.
How does this look better than Watch Dogs Legion for example? Take away the RT Reflections that this game has and what else do you have?
Do you actually think they couldn't release this game on the PS4?

Look at the low-quality assets and the low resolution textures.

Sleepwalker

I'm not feeling it guys, looks the same cookie cutter open world. I enjoyed 1 and thought Miles was good but I don't think I want to get on another ride with these characters.

I already dislike the cringe fat friend that talks to miles on comms, and don't really care for Miles either.

Minsc

Gold Member
It's really starting to feel like Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is to the PS5 what Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader was to the Gamecube, graphically (their arguable ability to stay graphically relevant / above the curve throughout the system's life, despite being launch/near launch).

Definitely was expecting more out of this one, and while it does look fun, it's still quite a ways off from looking like you're playing a movie to me.

Last edited:
Love seeing the symbiote.. Gameplay looked really cool until I saw Miles Morales, why is he flying through the city? Guess I'm just out of touch here, but I'd rather just straight up Spiderman/Parker.

Makes me think I should go play the first Spiderman on Ps4, bought for Black Friday but haven't messed with it yet.

Sleepwalker

Love seeing the symbiote.. Gameplay looked really cool until I saw Miles Morales, why is he flying through the city? Guess I'm just out of touch here, but I'd rather just straight up Spiderman/Parker.

Makes me think I should go play the first Spiderman on Ps4, bought for Black Friday but haven't messed with it yet.

Miles morales doesnt appear in the first one, I guess the story picks up after the miles morales game.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Too much cinematic experience, let me play ffs
Same boat, but that's how it's target likes it, also not everything has to be Zelda or be deep in mechanics. Have to play first yet so I'll do before it releases to make sure to get in the hype train for this one.

Top Bottom