• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive fight at Florida Chuck E. Cheese’s caught on video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, even as a kid, you get a sense of unease the moment you walk through the doors of a Chuck E Cheese.

It's like walking into a post-apocalyptic, Steam Punk version of a B-tier Birthday Party place, and I mean none of that in the endearing way.

Friggz

the oinly time in my life i was in a chucky cheese was when the fight broke out in the Manchester Connecticut branch, which is mentioned in the article.

We were there for some birthday party, when i saw shit starting to go south, i grabbed my daughter and booked it for the door.

the oinly time in my life i was in a chucky cheese was when the fight broke out in the Manchester Connecticut branch, which is mentioned in the article.

We were there for some birthday party, when i saw shit starting to go south, i grabbed my daughter and booked it for the door.

So you didn't record a vertical video to share with us?
:'(

joebruin

FovyVkd.jpg

lol...five fights at freddys?

jstripes

Banned
I think, even as a kid, you get a sense of unease the moment you walk through the doors of a Chuck E Cheese.

It's like walking into a post-apocalyptic, Steam Punk version of a B-tier Birthday Party place, and I mean none of that in the endearing way.

It was the exact opposite in the '80s. As a kid, with lower expectations and less jaded than today's kids, you knew you were in for a blast.

I think part of what makes Chuck E Cheese so depressing today is the bright flood lighting they use now. It completely changes the atmosphere of the place. It's like, imagine having Halloween at noon?

Carnby

I don't get it, but Chuck E Cheese is serious stuff for some parents. Especially with those tickets you win. I've seen grown adults cash in thousands of tickets for themselves.

People sure do like to fight at Chuck-E-Cheese these days.

I remember when it was just pizza, cotton candy and skee-ball. What the fuck happened.

First, I am very impressed by the scale of that brawl. Good job to all involved.

Second, wow, they serve beer there? I had no idea.

Third, I literally haven't been to a Chuck E. Cheese for 30 years, and back then the atmosphere was dark and dim, kind of like a cozy pizza parlor or '80s arcade. In the video it looks like a florescent-lit, generic, fast-food hell. Really lost the charm.

Funny, I have never heard of a brawl breaking out at Disneyland...

Disneyland (all theme parks really) have security and actively monitor cameras. Stuff gets settle down way faster but conflicts happen.

And even though in the Miami case alcohol may have been involved, it's not the cause. Parents are fiercely protective of their kids. It's why this kind of thing happens at youth sporting events as well. Parents get pissed at some slight (real or perceived) and don't think things through and just react.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Like they mention in the video, it really isn't that surprising. It's a perfect storm of stress. You take people with access to alcohol, stressful child birthday parties, an enclosed space, and most parents' tendency to react extremely protective in any situation involving their kids...got all the ingredients for a fight.

Another perfect storm is when there are way more guys than women at the bar. Someone will get drunk and overly macho and you'll have a fight before 1am.

ShyMel

As someone who really enjoyed going to Chuck E Cheese's as a child, this is somewhat upsetting. I know life can be tough and all, but can people please not ruin parties for kids?

Seeing the video again, that I'd such a shit Chucky Cheese. When I was a kid, I remember endless rows of arcade machines and a jungle gym thing that was at least two stories. Like others have said, I think it's the lights that are ruining it. But maybe it always sucked, and I never knew better.

The last time I went to a place that reminded me of what I thought Chucky Cheese used to be was DisneyQuest in Orlando and even that place is closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom