• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 3 - 9 July

DemDereNads said:
I actually have both and think it's just a much of a travesty when games like PW, Trauma Center, etc get over looked for Brain Training 8, pet/virtual chore sims, etc.

FINALLY someone that agrees with me.

Sure those Brain Training games can keep on getting millions and millions of sales, but at least take 500,000 of those people and pick up some more games. PW and the rest shouldn't be selling less than 200,000

And those Naruto3 RPG sales are pathetic. Must've been a quiet 1st day launch.

cvxfreak

LanceStern said:

Sure those Brain Training games can keep on getting millions and millions of sales, but at least take 500,000 of those people and pick up some more games. PW and the rest shouldn't be selling less than 200,000

They didn't break those kinds of numbers on GBA (although PW might have), so why should they on DS, which has more non-gamers?

cvxfreak said:
They didn't break those kinds of numbers on GBA (although PW might have), so why should they on DS, which has more non-gamers?

Because it has a bigger fanbase. And it's tremendous sales should have non-gamers and gamers alike taking some glances at the software shelves BESIDES those training games (glares maliciously)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Probationsmack said:
Sometimes I wonder why anihawk owns nintendo consoles.
If you read my post in the thread about Nintendo franchises we hate you'd probably ask the same thing about me. :lol

LanceStern said:
Because it has a bigger fanbase.
Come back after 6 million more DS's are sold.

Fuzzy said:
If you read my post in the thread about Nintendo franchises we hate you'd probably ask the same thing about me. :lol

Actually, I remember reading that and doing a doubletake to your username. :lol

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
DemDereNads said:
Have to love the over-zealous fanboys that laugh when great original games bomb just because it's on the system they "hate" for some odd-ball reason.

PSP must have insulted a lot of Internet surfer's mothers.

But please, continue the virtual circle jerk because the nth Brain Training game sold another million.
I've bolded the damage-control sections of your post.

The first thing you need to realise is that Anihawk hates a lot of things and he was the only one laughing. His tag suits him well. You should see him in every thread with the words "Metroid" and "Prime" in them ... very annoying. But trying to infer one person's comments onto an entire group is most definately damage control.

Second, with New Super Mario Bros. leading the charts for the last 2 months, your "Brain Training" comment was just trollish. You ignored current event and went back to a tired-out rant that Mono played every single week. Now that's great company to be with! And again, its spin and damage control.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
firefoxsux said:
Exit > locoroco
I find that hard to believe after playing Exit... unless LocoRoco is way overhyped since this kind of game is rare from Sony.

I wouldn't say the "nth Brain Training sold anothe rmillion" comment was trollish, just the same frustration that it's only the Brain Training (Age, Age 2, Gentle, English) and the big Nintendo titles selling great in Japan.

Share the WEALTH. I wish I could slap some sense into them. I was that close to calling them "casuals" @.@

ZeoVGM

Banned
LanceStern said:
I wouldn't say the "nth Brain Training sold anothe rmillion" comment was trollish, just the same frustration that it's only the Brain Training (Age, Age 2, Gentle, English) and the big Nintendo titles selling great in Japan.

Share the WEALTH. I wish I could slap some sense into them. I was that close to calling them "casuals" @.@

oh my god stoooop

cvxfreak

LanceStern said:
Because it has a bigger fanbase. And it's tremendous sales should have non-gamers and gamers alike taking some glances at the software shelves BESIDES those training games (glares maliciously)

It doesn't have a bigger fanbase yet.

Phoenix Wright was also a remake, so if it makes you feel better, the two versions of PW1 are over 200K in Japan.

cvxfreak said:
As long as RE4 is #1 in everyone's book, the first world is a good enough place to live in.

I dunno, it was good but not great until I got to ZOMBIE BIKER ISLAND and turned it off permanently.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
cvxfreak said:
As long as RE4 is #1 in everyone's book, the first world is a good enough place to live in.

Yes, it is. :)

...until Zelda: TP comes out! Sorry, CVX. :p

jj984jj said:
I find that hard to believe after playing Exit... unless LocoRoco is way overhyped since this kind of game is rare from Sony.

I sent locoroco back after the 1st female singslime has got unlocked. :lol

locoroco is zee newz-age for mr sad old gamer = me.

L+R platform FTL. lost interest in the levels layout.

<3 Exit logic solving notwithstanding clunky command presses. that is my choice.

you make your own choice. i cannot say which you may like better.

firefoxsux said:
why not? sent locoroco back after 1st female singslime has unlocked. :lol

locoroco is zee newz-age for moi mr sad old gamer. L-R platform ftl. lost interest in levels layout.

<3 Exit logic solving notwithstanding clunky command presses.

that is my choice. your choice however is not in my control. your have the choice.

W

T

F

You're totally messing with us. Speak english mother****er.

JJConrad said:
I've bolded the damage-control sections of your post.

The first thing you need to realise is that Anihawk hates a lot of things and he was the only one laughing. His tag suits him well. You should see him in every thread with the words "Metroid" and "Prime" in them ... very annoying.

Anihawk wasn't the only one, and quite frankly, I don't feel the need to realise anything. "Please excuse him because his title says he's cwanky!" Doesn't stop the herd of posters who constantly whine about Drinky, and Drinky's actually funny!

But trying to infer one person's comments onto an entire group is most definately damage control.

You clearly do not know what the term "damage control" means.

Damage control is Sony trying to justify why the PS3 is so high in cost... What am I trying to justify? I made an observation and mocked some people.

Second, with New Super Mario Bros. leading the charts for the last 2 months, your "Brain Training" comment was just trollish. You ignored current event and went back to a tired-out rant that Mono played every single week. Now that's great company to be with! And again, its spin and damage control.

You guys need to come up with new material... seems anyone who isn't a Nintendo kiss ass gets called "mono." Talk about something that's "tired-out."

And yes, an actual game (from nintendo no less) has been in the number one spot for a while... doesn't change the fact that 3-4 brain games have been in the top 10 since they debuted while other titles don't see the slightest fraction of their success.

DemDereNads said:
Anihawk wasn't the only one, and quite frankly, I don't feel the need to realise anything. "Please excuse him because his title says he's cwanky!" Doesn't stop the herd of posters who constantly whine about Drinky, and Drinky's actually funny!

You clearly do not know what the term "damage control" means.

Damage control is Sony trying to justify why the PS3 is so high in cost... What am I trying to justify? I made an observation and mocked some people.

You guys need to come up with new material... seems anyone who isn't a Nintendo kiss ass gets called "mono." Talk about something that's "tired-out."

And yes, an actual game (from nintendo no less) has been in the number one spot for a while... doesn't change the fact that 3-4 brain games have been in the top 10 since they debuted while other titles don't see the slightest fraction of their success.

3-4? I must've missed a memo.

ethelred

Frankfurter said:
3-4? I must've missed a memo.

Well, if you want to quibble over semantics, 3-4 of them haven't been in the top 10 consistently. However, 3-4 have been amongst the DS million sellers -- Brain Training, Gentle Brain Training, Brain Training 2, and English Training.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Its interesting to see English Training surpassing Gentle Brain Exercises (Big Brain Academy), anyone know what is the LTD sales for Gentle Brain Exercises?

ethelred

donny2112 said:
English Training (and the other language trainings, dictionaries, etc.) aren't Brain Trainings. ;)

He didn't say Brain Trainings, he just said brain games, which is a far more generic term... and one which I think would fit English training. It's training you to do better at something intellectual -- that's a brain game! :p

heidern

That's some nice DS sales there.

It's almost 5 months since the launch of the DS Lite and there's no let up. The last 19 weeks the DS has averaged around 170K a week which around 4 or 5 times what it was doing last year through this period. I mean really, considering last years performance saw the DS become the fastest selling system ever, this years is just an annihilation of any previous system.

And with the software lineup just getting stronger all the time with Final Fantasy in a month and the biggest game of all a month later it's even possible that sales will increase. There are now 25 weeks left this year, including the the 5 big weeks around Christmas, a period where last year the DS managed almost 2 million units. Here are some scenarios:

Current DS total = 9.35M

20 normal Weeks at 125K a week = 2.5M
5 holiday Weeks total @ 2 million
13.35M

20 normal Weeks at 150K a week = 3M
5 holiday Weeks total @ 3 million
15.35M

20 normal Weeks at 175K a week = 3.5M
5 holiday Weeks total @ 4 million
16.85M

Even lowballing the numbers gets the DS at almost 13.5 million and a yearly total of around 8 million. On the other hand if things continue as they are and the holiday sales to some extent reflect the ongoing performance then it is actually possible that the DS will overtake the GBA Life to Date by the end of year. Either way a total around 15 million looks likely.

Emotions

DemDereNads said:

Nintendo sells, so what's your point? You seem to give it a negative spin because Nintendo games sell well. You came as a troll when you said NSMB doesn't deserve it's sales and you're doing damage control because of that. You're pissed because you want PSP games to dominate the charts, that's why you're trolling here. You would be singing a different tune and probably mocking Nintendo fans if a PSP game dominated the charts.Back then when Sonybots used to troll every DS thread when PSP was "dominating".

Emotions said:
Nintendo sells, so what's your point? You seem to give it a negative spin because Nintendo games sell well. You came as a troll when you said NSMB doesn't deserve it's sales and you're doing damage control because of that. You're pissed because you want PSP games to dominate the charts, that's why you're trolling here. You would be singing a different tune and probably mocking Nintendo fans if a PSP game dominated the charts.Back then when Sonybots used to troll every DS thread when PSP was "dominating".

Nooooo.... actually if the Brain Training craze started on PSP I'd be saying the same thing. Nice try though.

AniHawk

Oblivion said:
How come you don't like KCC, but like DK: JB? :(

KCC was all right, but it just wasn't very fun for the long haul. I actually liked Yoshi Touch & Go better. I thought it did the whole "touch screen platformer" thing better.

You should see him in every thread with the words "Metroid" and "Prime" in them ... very annoying.

Yeah, but you guys love it.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
heidern said:

It's almost 5 months since the launch of the DS Lite and there's no let up. The last 19 weeks the DS has averaged around 170K a week which around 4 or 5 times what it was doing last year through this period. I mean really, considering last years performance saw the DS become the fastest selling system ever, this years is just an annihilation of any previous system.

And with the software lineup just getting stronger all the time with Final Fantasy in a month and the biggest game of all a month later it's even possible that sales will increase. There are now 25 weeks left this year, including the the 5 big weeks around Christmas, a period where last year the DS managed almost 2 million units. Here are some scenarios:

Current DS total = 9.35M

13.85M

15.35M

16.85M

Even lowballing the numbers gets the DS at almost 13.5 million and a yearly total of around 8 million. On the other hand if things continue as they are and the holiday sales to some extent reflect the ongoing performance then it is actually possible that the DS will overtake the GBA Life to Date by the end of year. Either way a total around 15 million looks likely.
I said it more than a month ago that cumulative DS sales in Japan at the end of the year will be more than 13.5, AT LEAST. (IMO its sales will break 14m by the end of the year)

KINGMOKU

LanceStern said:

What would you say to someone who perfers Brain Training, and thinks PW is awfull?

Having fun is in the eye of the beholder, and if those games sell, they must be fun.

Oh, and Anihawk is now my mortal enemy for his comments about Kirby CC.

KINGMOKU

heidern said:

Current DS total = 9.35M

13.35M

15.35M

16.85M

Dony foget that the DS has DESTROYED the record for consecutive weeks selling at a 100,000+ clip. Its now at 19 straight weeks, and if not for shortages, it would be at 32 weeks right now at over 100,000+ units. The next closest is 8weeks in a row.

JJConrad said:
The first thing you need to realise is that Anihawk hates a lot of things and he was the only one laughing. His tag suits him well. You should see him in every thread with the words "Metroid" and "Prime" in them ... very annoying.

That's where I got my tag! I called Anihawk a whining loser for trolling his 100th Metroid Prime thread. :D

Top Bottom