• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: June 7-13

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Predictions

[NDS] Love Plus + (Konami) - 98.765
[NDS] Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 3rd Story (Konami) - 56.789
[PSP] My Summer Vacation Portable 2 (SCE) - 12.345
[PS3] Atelier Totori: Alchemist of Arland 2 (Gust) - 54.321
[PS3] White Album: Tsuzurareru Fuyu no Omoide (Aqua Plus) - 32.109
[360] Monster Hunter Frontier Online (Capcom) - 76.543

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Cosmonaut X said:
Atlus at least could be working on 3DS titles - the title list from E3 certainly has a few big games there. Certainly, if I was in charge of a studio that could prep an RPG for launch window on the system I would be getting it done ASAP.

I wouldn't read too much into that list, given that Atlus announced Shin Megami Tensei PS3 at E3 2005... (That being said, I think the 3DS will be in a much better position than the PS3 at launch!)

Stumpokapow said:
I wouldn't read too much into that list, given that Atlus announced Shin Megami Tensei PS3 at E3 2005... (That being said, I think the 3DS will be in a much better position than the PS3 at launch!)

Yeah, I'm not putting too much weight on it yet, but as you say, the 3DS seems likely to be in a better position than the PS3 and I see no reason why it shouldn't inherit and build on the RPG strengths of the DS.

If any system is likely to see new SMT/Persona titles in the next couple of years, I'd put money on the 3DS being a very likely candidate. I also wouldn't be surprised to see a new Persona title hit the PSP or PS3, but again if I was in charge at Atlus, I'd be wanting to get in early on a new platform and start establishing my name and my franchises.

Stumpokapow said:

Specifically, I want to now rework my old prediction of "Atlus are slowly working on an RPG for PS3 and/or 360, it'll be announced soon!" to "Atlus are going to skip this generation of consoles for RPGs altogether and just move right over to 3DS." :lol

Predictions
[NDS] Love Plus + (Konami) - 60,000
[NDS] Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 3rd Story (Konami) - 38,000
[PSP] My Summer Vacation Portable 2 (SCE) - 23,000
[PS3] Atelier Totori: Alchemist of Arland 2 (Gust) - 51,000
[PS3] White Album: Tsuzurareru Fuyu no Omoide (Aqua Plus) - 29,000
[360] Monster Hunter Frontier Online (Capcom) - 68,000

Road

I don't know predictions, so I just copied two from each of the posted. haha

[NDS] Love Plus + (Konami) - 92.000
[NDS] Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 3rd Story (Konami) - 56.789
[PSP] My Summer Vacation Portable 2 (SCE) - 23,000
[PS3] Atelier Totori: Alchemist of Arland 2 (Gust) - 57.000
[PS3] White Album: Tsuzurareru Fuyu no Omoide (Aqua Plus) - 32.109
[360] Monster Hunter Frontier Online (Capcom) - 68,000

Don't worry, I'll pay due royalties. =P

Vinnk

mello said:
That's actually really interesting. Does the ad make it clear if it was Atlus pairing the House box set with there game on the ad sheet, or is it Toys R Us pimping potential sales for there copies of House? Or is this entirely coincidental that this House DVD box set has the same release period? I want to know! :p

It was on the last page of the booklet. Nothing TRU specific, it think it's the official promo material for the game. Sorry, don't have it n my hand now.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Famitsu top 10 14/06/10-20/06/10

01. [WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo)
02. [NDS] Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (Capcom)
03. [NDS] Art Academy (Nintendo)
04. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City (Rockstar Games)
05. [WII] Xenoblade (Nintendo)
06. [NDS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (Square Enix)
07. [NDS] Tamagotchi no Pichi Pichi Omisecchi (Bandai Namco)
08. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010: Blue Samurai Challenge (Konami)
09. [NDS] Friend Collection (Nintendo)
10. [PS3] Hakuoki: Junsouroku (Idea Factory)

Shirokun

Chris1964 said:

Wow, Xenoblade hanging in there. I'm fully expecting it to fall out of the top ten completely by next week(especially if they don't ship anymore). Nice to see Ghost Trick near the top. I had a feeling it would be ignored.

thestopsign said:
Anyone notice if Xenoblade has lots of used copies on the marketplace yet or not?

Not here in Tokyo. I've seen maybe two or three copies at Sofmap and some of the other stores. The used copies are only selling for 100 yen less than the new, so I don't think it's going to massively hit sales just yet.

No time for all of the predictions, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess:

Love Plus: 122,000 copies
Tokimeki girls side: 63,000 copies.

Why is Konami releasing Love Plus and Tokimeki on the same day anyway? Aren't they basically aimed at the same, very specific audience? Can the otakus handle so much love and virtual attention at the same time?

/edit/ Ah, Tokimeki is for girls.

Orgen

Predictions
[NDS] Love Plus + (Konami) - 84,000
[NDS] Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 3rd Story (Konami) - 46,000
[PSP] My Summer Vacation Portable 2 (SCE) - 24,000
[PS3] Atelier Totori: Alchemist of Arland 2 (Gust) - 48,000
[PS3] White Album: Tsuzurareru Fuyu no Omoide (Aqua Plus) - 32,000
[360] Monster Hunter Frontier Online (Capcom) - 79,000

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Chris1964 said:

Might this be a disappointment for Ghost Trick? Mario Galaxy can't be above 100k or so. If Capcom were expecting Ghost Trick to pick up from Apollo Justice / Miles Edgeworth, it obviously didn't. The debuts seem more in range with the debuts of PW2/3 back on GBA. I mention the comparison between the link between the two series is evident; "from the creator of", "our next IP like Phoenix Wright", etc.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Predictions
[NDS] Love Plus + (Konami) - 88,000
[NDS] Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 3rd Story (Konami) - 33,000
[PSP] My Summer Vacation Portable 2 (SCE) - 20,000
[PS3] Atelier Totori: Alchemist of Arland 2 (Gust) - 42,000
[PS3] White Album: Tsuzurareru Fuyu no Omoide (Aqua Plus) - 28,000
[360] Monster Hunter Frontier Online (Capcom) - 65,000

onken

Predictions
[NDS] Love Plus + (Konami) - 85k
[NDS] Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 3rd Story (Konami) - 65k
[PSP] My Summer Vacation Portable 2 (SCE) - 20k
[PS3] Atelier Totori: Alchemist of Arland 2 (Gust) - 50k
[PS3] White Album: Tsuzurareru Fuyu no Omoide (Aqua Plus) - 30k
[360] Monster Hunter Frontier Online (Capcom) - 50k

duckroll

Stumpokapow said:
Might this be a disappointment for Ghost Trick? Mario Galaxy can't be above 100k or so. If Capcom were expecting Ghost Trick to pick up from Apollo Justice / Miles Edgeworth, it obviously didn't. The debuts seem more in range with the debuts of PW2/3 back on GBA. I mention the comparison between the link between the two series is evident; "from the creator of", "our next IP like Phoenix Wright", etc.

It may be "from the creator of", but it most certainly is not "our next IP like Phoenix Wright" at all. The game is very different and not really at all similar to Phoenix Wright.

duckroll

Predictions
[NDS] Love Plus + (Konami) - 110k
[NDS] Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 3rd Story (Konami) - 25k
[PSP] My Summer Vacation Portable 2 (SCE) - 20k
[PS3] Atelier Totori: Alchemist of Arland 2 (Gust) - 60k
[PS3] White Album: Tsuzurareru Fuyu no Omoide (Aqua Plus) - 30k
[360] Monster Hunter Frontier Online (Capcom) - 45k

Road

From Nippon-Ichi's financial presentation presentation: http://nippon1.co.jp/news/pdf/2010/20100622.pdf

Code:
Game Unit Sales:

JAPAN*				  FY**	    Franchise Total 	Systems
Zettai Hero: Kaizou Keikaku	 53,400				PSP
Disgaea Series			117,500		  950,000	PSP/NDS/PS3
Classic Dungeon			 22,600				PSP
Hayarigami Series		 38,100		  120,900	PSP/NDS

NORTH AMERICA
Phantom Brave: We Meet Again	 19,300				WII
Disagea 2: Dark Hero Days	 36,300				PSP

WORLDWIDE
Disgaea Series + Spin-offs			1,600,000

*Numbers inclue digital downloads.
**From 04/2009 to 03/2010

Top 5 Publishers in Japan (04/2009~03/2010, Enterbrain):
1. Nintendo	15,726,710
2. Square-Enix	10,500,587
3. Bandai Namco	 7,211,638
4. Pokemon	 5,169,837
5. Konami	 4,201,493

duckroll

117.5k for "Disgaea series" =

Disgaea 2 Portable (~50-60k shipment in FY)
+
Disgaea Infinite PSN
+
Disgaea 3 Expansion disc (~15k shipment)
+
Prinny 2 (<10k first week sales)
+
Disgaea Infinite retail

Anyone else want to fill in the blanks?

Just a note, I'm taking Orgen, jj984jj, onken and duckroll predictions
because its as many as those before famitsu top10 :lol
even if they are past deadline (being the famitsu top10), there are no advantages but next time you know etc etc.

Hakuouki keeps giving Idea Factory top10 appearances but I guess this one is around 10k rather than 15-20k of previous Hakuouki heights.

duckroll

Btw, you mentioned the Inazuma Eleven 3 event in the Famitsu thread, and apparently that's happening this Sunday. So Thursday = Ninokuni, Sunday = Inazuma. Week of Level 5? :lol

mello

duckroll said:
Btw, you mentioned the Inazuma Eleven 3 event in the Famitsu thread, and apparently that's happening this Sunday. So Thursday = Ninokuni, Sunday = Inazuma. Week of Level 5? :lol

No Level Vision this year?

mello

duckroll said:
There should be, but it's still a little early in the year. It's only June now. They might make an announcement in July or August.

I suppose it is, but it's a little strange that they'd have separate conferences for Ninokuni and Inazuma when Level Vision 2010 would be more appropriate if it is a month or two away.

duckroll said:
Being Level-5 though, I think we should expect a new delay for Ninokuni DS so both versions are TBA, Inazuma Eleven 4 in October, Inazuma Eleven Break pushed back again, Danball Senki 2011 this-time-for-sure-believe-us, and two or three new games coming TBA (or make that one less given ninokuni ps3).

Now a bit more serious, would be nice to see Level-5 giving definitive Ninokunis, IE Break and Danball dates. For a change.

PD:
Come on US branch put out a PR 'we're open! here are our first games coming on these dates'

The Phantom Brave Wii port sold more in America than I expected. Not that the number of units it sold is impressive.

Glad to see that Super Mario Galaxy doing well, and Xenoblade having hanging on. Hopefully Xenoblade will cross the 100K threshold with this weeks numbers.

Durante

gundamkyoukai said:
Only going guess for 1 game

[PS3] Atelier Totori: Alchemist of Arland 2 (Gust) 85 000
You realize that would be more than any Gust published game did LTD in the last 9 years? I expect ~58k FW which is still a healthy increase over Rorona.

Bebpo

Banned
If XB did under 20k, there's a good chance Nintendo never did a 2nd shipment (1st was apparently 100k and game did around 80k in the first three days)

uh oh

I mean if they had done a 2nd shipment I would've expected an 80k -> 20-40k drop not 80k - sub 20k.

I think we might be seeing XB's lifetime sales capped at 100k :\

mello said:
Have we discussed the possibility of Ninokuni DS moving to 3DS?
I don't see why that would happen. It's been in the works for a few years as a DS game, will possibly launch before the 3DS, and should have no problem succeeding as a late DS game.

Maybe they'll move the PS3 game to 3DS. ;)

mello

JoshuaJSlone said:
I don't see why that would happen. It's been in the works for a few years as a DS game, will possibly launch before the 3DS, and should have no problem succeeding as a late DS game.

Maybe they'll move the PS3 game to 3DS. ;)

Layton 5 was announced as a DS title, and then it was announced as a 3DS title too, with no word to whether it'll be available as a DS game as well. I suppose the circumstances are different with Ninokuni, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Don't really know the technicalities but porting down does seem easier than porting up. PS3 version to 3DS might be a possibility? :p

duckroll said:
Can you please stop using Danball? That's not a word. Cardboard on the other hand, is a word. :(
:lol I've called it Danbol Senki, Danball Senki and Danball just today. I'm sorry I can't remember the full english name even after you say cardboard. Btw Danball wins nostalgia points for being the name of an anime I liked as a child (I think it was called Dodge Danpei there, here it was 'bola de dan' or danball), I always remember that when I think of the cardboard game :p

Bebpo

Banned
FINALFANTASYDOG said:
Capcom would not be in good sorts if this was the case. Really low estimate for what is an x-box 12 month subscription with a free game

Why is that surprising? X360 is dead in Japan at this point in the generation. It has a small niche audience for shmups and no-nudity-ero games that sell 10-20k and PS3/X360 multi games that do 20-50k, but it's never going to have another 100k seller in Japan again.

Durante said:
You realize that would be more than any Gust published game did LTD in the last 9 years? I expect ~58k FW which is still a healthy increase over Rorona.

Did Atelier Totori 1 not sell over 100k unless i get mixed up was thinking most sales going to be week 1.

Top Bottom