• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 16, 2013 (Apr 15 - Apr 21)

you are worried for retailers just because is a Vita topic
i'm sure you don't give a fuck about retailers for Steam sales or America sales (where digital are growing up year after year)

your hate for Vita is getting pathetic, sir

You didn't even understand the issue I was talking about. If you wanna discuss about sales and issue related to sales in Japan, you can write your opinion, and we can discuss without accusing with each other. Or you can go to other forums to say that Dragon Quest IX has DSi-exclusive contents (not true), to justify a big boost of hardware sales :p

DaBoss

How do download cards work in favour of retailers? Do they get a cut? Or do companies pay the retailers to keep it in stock? Or there isn't anything favourable?

How do download cards work in favour of retailers? Do they get a cut? Or do companies pay the retailers to keep it in stock? Or there isn't anything favourable?

I think we understood that (Nintendo) download cards give even lower margins to retailer, but they have some advantages for what concerns the inventory risk. Maybe moor_angol can help us, he's in Japan now.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Would rather have a new Persona title on 3DS than another port.

zroid

Banned
Kinda surprising Muramasa Vita beat Muramasa Wii (original + rerelease).

Hope to see a port of Odin Sphere though. I wonder if it's possible for them to port Princess Crown. :p

NO

There's only one Vanillaware game you should be port begging for and it's Grand Knights History! @_@

Nekki

Muramasa certainly is a success story for the franchise, but let's not fool ourselves.

It was a very pretty niche game, with a high price on Wii.

The price it's getting on the Vita is much more reasonable, so that probably helped it spur a greater amount of sales.

I always knew it would outsell the Wii entry. Plus it must look really good on the Vita's screen.

Muramasa certainly is a success story for the franchise, but let's not fool ourselves.

It was a very pretty niche game, with a high price on Wii.

The price it's getting on the Vita is much more reasonable, so that probably helped it spur a greater amount of sales.

I always knew it would outsell the Wii entry. Plus it must look really good on the Vita's screen.

Imo, it was an unpredictable success, explained by software drought and Vita audience.

Did previous Atlus games get a simulataneous release? I don't get the issue, games are arriving, even quite earlier than usual.

Not that I think doing something as extreme as a boycott is rational, but what is not to get? Getting games months late and/or never is a long issue with gaming in Europe. That the situation is improving doesn't mean the issue has been completely eliminated.

Skipping the first point you made.. Ahem.

WHAT

A bigger lie has never been told!

?

Not that I think doing something as extreme as a boycott is rational, but what is not to get? Getting games months late and/or never is a long issue with gaming in Europe. That the situation is improving doesn't mean the issue has been completely eliminated.

True, but not that Atlus is doing always the right thing elsewhere (e.g. Persona 4 Arena region-lock).

Did previous Atlus games get a simulataneous release? I don't get the issue, games are arriving, even quite earlier than usual.

It would be an issue because with Vita/PS3 I have the option to import software (which is something I did with Catherine/PS4V.) If they took Persona exclusively to the 3DS I no longer have that option, because the system is region locked - and so I'd stop supporting Atlus all together, it's the principle.

Vitabros are just gonna complain about "another 3DS port" :p

...but they both would be PS2 ports :D.

It's not like P4G was even close to being a Vita game from ground-up. You could easily port P4G to 3DS.

But well if it has to be one or the other of course P3 for Vita is the right choice :3

...but they both would be PS2 ports :D.

It's not like P4G was even close to being a Vita game from ground-up. You could easily port P4G to 3DS.
Yeah, but do any of Atlus' games ever push the hardware? I'm admittedly not overly familiar with 3DS games, but from what I can see none of their games on the platform are as demanding as a fully fledged Persona 3/4 would be. SMT IV for example, seems to have a scaled down, mostly 2D graphical presentation compared to the fully 3D Nocturne on the PS2. If they don't do it for their big new 3DS release of the year, why would they do it for an old port?

The world needs Persona 3 Golden. Despite already having 3 releases, Persona 3 still lacks a version that's legitimately great. The PS2 versions can be very annoying to play thanks to their auto-battles with lacking AI, and while the PSP remake improves the gameplay a lot, it's really lacking in terms of presentation.

Haha that would be my 4th copy of Persona 3 :)

Daingurse

The world needs Persona 3 Golden. Despite already having 3 releases, Persona 3 still lacks a version that's legitimately great. The PS2 versions can be very annoying to play thanks to their auto-battles with lacking AI, and while the PSP remake improves the gameplay a lot, it's really lacking in terms of presentation.

YEAH!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I started fancying the idea of Persona 3DS about a week ago.

It's the perfect game and platform to attempt to bring Persona to the Nintendo ecosystem and they do have a tie in coming up.

The only thing messing it up is Atlus's rather full schedule of development this past year or so. They've been on a major software push in the past eight months or so.

Soriku

Yeah, but do any of Atlus' games ever push the hardware? I'm admittedly not overly familiar with 3DS games, but from what I can see none of their games on the platform are as demanding as a fully fledged Persona 3/4 would be. SMT IV for example, seems to have a scaled down, mostly 2D graphical presentation compared to the fully 3D Nocturne on the PS2. If they don't do it for their big new 3DS release of the year, why would they do it for an old port?

Etrian Odyssey is 3D. Different games, different expectations. P3P on the PSP was 3D so no reason why they wouldn't make a 3D Persona unless it was more of a throwback to Persona 1 and 2 than being similar to (or ports of) 3 and 4. Which I think lots of people would love actually. They aren't making P5 for 3DS so games similar in style to the older Persona games would be cool.

I guess they can make a Persona 3 Definitive Edition for 3DS but meh. I believe Sony is producing the P3 anime so that'd be funny though :p

Also SMT IV may have 2D battles but it also has 400+ demons (more than double the Personas in P4 I believe) and battles with tons of enemies.

Road

Prediction League April, 2013

[3DS] Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu (28 days) - 333K
[PSP] Summon Night 5 (11 days) - 77K
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV (4 days) - 133K
[PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War (4 days) - 66K
[PS3+WIU+360] Resident Evil Revelations (4 days) - 66K

[3DS] Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu (28 days) - 306.777
[PSP] Summon Night 5 (11 days) - 30.777
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV (4 days) - 108.777
[PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War (4 days) - 19.777
[PS3+WIU+360] Resident Evil Revelations (4 days) - 66.666

Nekki

[3DS] Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu (28 days) - 350K
[PSP] Summon Night 5 (11 days) - 65K
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV (4 days) - 129K
[PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War (4 days) - 49K
[PS3+WIU+360] Resident Evil Revelations (4 days) - 72K

hiska-kun

[3DS] Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu (28 days) - 525K
[PSP] Summon Night 5 (11 days) - 145K
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV (4 days) - 151K
[PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War (4 days) - 149K
[PS3+WIU+360] Resident Evil Revelations (4 days) - 92K

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

[3DS] Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu (28 days) - 567.890
[PSP] Summon Night 5 (11 days) - 67.890
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV (4 days) - 123.456
[PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War (4 days) - 78.901
[PS3+WIU+360] Resident Evil Revelations (4 days) - 89.012

Hellraider

I feel like we are underestimating Revelations.Yeah sure, 360 and wiiU versions won't probably matter but I expect at least 6 figure number from the PS3 version.It's where the fanbase is afterall.Kinda like what happened with Vesperia/Graces PS3.

Someone is probably gonna make fun to this post soon but I felt like expressing my thoughts. :p

I feel like we are underestimating Revelations.Yeah sure, 360 and wiiU versions won't probably matter but I expect at least 6 figure number from the PS3 version.

I don't know, maybe you could be right, but it's not a main episode, besides it's a 3DS port, and iirc RE4 HD did not set charts on fire, so it could either sell more than 100k or less, there is no way for us to know and we can only have a wild guess methinks.

Top Bottom