• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 17, 2016 (Apr 25 - May 01)

L~A

New 3DS LL colours coming June 9th

Damn they look good.

Same day as AA6, nice.

XG will probably happen, I don't remember them ever saying it wouldn't.

Actually, I do remember them explicitely saying just that, but I can't remember where. Then again, even if they did say that and I didn't just misread/misremembered, I'm sure the much-better-than-expected sales changed their mind anyway.

And of course, there's also how much weight one should put when a company representative says "nope, ain't happening ever".

Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari SP (3DS) delayed once more, was supposed to come out on June 2nd. Now coming out on... we don't know yet.

> http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/portal/post-1611/

BKK

Console gaming is slowly shifting from Japan to rest of Asia I guess.
No wonder Sony/MS are trying to penetrate that market.

Probably more to do with PC in this case;

Dark Souls III owners on Steamspy:

World: 857,012

China: 0.0529 = 45,336
Japan: 0.0197 = 16,883
Korea: 0.0170 = 14,569
Taiwan: 0.0074 = 6,342
Hong Kong: 0.0042 = 3,599

= 86,729

Cut Off: 2,913

SEA countries

Individually the SEA countries were below the cut off, but combined they would push it closer towards 100k. Then we have 300k retail in Japan + digital, and it doesn't leave a massive amount for Asian console sales.

Vena

Console gaming is slowly shifting from Japan to rest of Asia I guess.
No wonder Sony/MS are trying to penetrate that market.

Not sure this adds up. There's near 300k coming from Japan at retail for the title, take out digital and PC, and you actually don't have that much left for their loosely defined Asia.

Or am I missing something?

BKK

Not sure this adds up. There's near 300k coming from Japan at retail for the title, take out digital and PC, and you actually don't have that much left for their loosely defined Asia.

For Playstation, Asian SKU covers East Asia and South East Asia. Specifically Taiwan, South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and Vietnam.

South Asia and Western Asia are covered by SCEE, they get European SKUs.

Vena

For Playstation, Asian SKU covers East Asia and South East Asia. Specifically Taiwan, South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and Vietnam.

South Asia and Western Asia are covered by SCEE, they get European SKUs.

Ahh cool, thanks for the clarification on what "Asia" is defined as here.

Top Bottom