• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 21, 2013 (May 20 - May 26)

Tomorrow according to sinobi. GamesMaya also confirms that tomorrow the pre-orders starts.
Do take some shady pics.

l_4ee2b85934f77.jpg

It sold like a mainline Tales and Star Ocean on those platforms, not "a" Wii or 360 RPG.

200k+ is a good result for the game.
It sold like a Mistwalker or Monolith game on those platforms. Okay I guess, but I figured it'd do a bit better given the genre, pedigree and massive promotional push it had.

Ignorantly stating this but how would MH4 had effected Soul Sacrifice's sales? If MH4 was on the Vita I could see the correlation since they would be theoretically fighting for the same install base. Would you assume that a Vita owner would also own a 3DS or even play one of them exclusively (speaking on Japan specifically here)?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
first day sellthrough

[PSV] Haiyore! Nyaruko-San: Nafushigatai Game no You na Mono # <ADV> (5pb.) - 40%
[PSP] Norn9: Norn + Nonette # <ADV> (Idea Factory) - 50%
[360] DoDonPachi Saidaioujou # <STG> (Cave) - 50% (very poor for normal edition)
[360] Shooting Love. 10-Shuunen: XIIZeal & &#916;Zeal # <STG> (Triangle Service) - zzz

Spiegel

It sold like a Mistwalker or Monolith game on those platforms. Okay I guess, but I figured it'd do a bit better given the genre, pedigree and massive promotional push it had.

Of course you would expect that.

And Xenoblade had not sold 140k at this point, compared to Soul Sacrifice.

Anyway, I liked your comparison.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Also, sinobi fears for Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (release date August 29th) because it's too close, and hopes and thinks God Eater 2 releases in the very end of the year.

God Eater 2...still without a release date. Since MH4 is September, it'd be better to release it in August, around Obon.
I think he's also saying something about 3DS Summer lineup. Could you translate those parts too, please?

Ignorantly stating this but how would MH4 had effected Soul Sacrifice's sales? If MH4 was on the Vita I could see the correlation since they would be theoretically fighting for the same install base. Would you assume that a Vita owner would also own a 3DS or even play one of them exclusively (speaking on Japan specifically here)?
Well, hardware sales saw a good bump when SS came out, implying people bought a Vita just to play SS. And that's not counting those who double dipped. Had MH4 released in the same window as SS, you bet they would have bought MH instead. Hunting action games are a large timesink, and why settle for the "impostor" when you can have the real game?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Digital release of New Super Luigi U will be also available for sale through download cards, right? We'll see it in famitsu top 30 in 3 weeks, it won't be so difficult to enter it.

hiska-kun

God Eater 2...still without a release date. Since MH4 is September, it'd be better to release it in August, around Obon.
I think he's also saying something about 3DS Summer lineup. Could you translate those parts too, please?

I think GE2 won't be ready for Obon...

Well, I don't understand the entire part, but I think it's saying that now these games have more chances to sell better.

A month apart should be good for MH4, should've been earlier but still, it's not too close to Pokemon I'd think. Besides obviously it'll sell loads 1st week, then a month after Pokemon sells loads, then both will do their legs.

Mr Swine

Banned
A month apart should be good for MH4, should've been earlier but still, it's not too close to Pokemon I'd think. Besides obviously it'll sell loads 1st week, then a month after Pokemon sells loads, then both will do their legs.

Both will sell tremendously well in November and December month when hardware sales double/triple. I can see both games selling 250k in December alone if not more

L Thammy

It would be nice to have data on what groups tend to buy Monster Hunter and Pokemon. I suspect that Monster Hunter has a bigger teenager audience, while Pokemon would have a larger young audience. Not sure about adults.

They'll certainly eat some of each others' sales, but that would be worse if they appealed more to the same audience.

Alrus

I honestly doubt there is much overlap between Pokemon fans and MH fans... On top of that we've seen with AC, Fantasy Life, Magician Quest and Tomodachi that games in a similar genre releasing close to each others won't hurt their sales much.

And there's a month between MH and Pokemon, that's more than enough, MH games have great legs but they still get a massive bulk of their sales early on.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Well, hardware sales saw a good bump when SS came out, implying people bought a Vita just to play SS. And that's not counting those who double dipped. Had MH4 released in the same window as SS, you bet they would have bought MH instead. Hunting action games are a large timesink, and why settle for the "impostor" when you can have the real game?

That's just speculation. We never will know what would have happened had they released in the same time period. Hell, for all we know the buzz surrounding MH4 might have rubbed off on SS and it might have gotten caught up in the frenzy. We don't know and to speculate about it is silly. Do we have any information about JJBA Battle?

Sandfox

Do you think it has a chance of outselling the original GCn release or even PS2 release?

It would have to be the best selling port in the series to pull that off. Vesperia got close but I don't see Symphonia having the same kind of pull. Its certainly possible though.

duckroll

Do you think it has a chance of outselling the original GCn release or even PS2 release?

The PS2 release (390k+47k TheBest) outsold the GC version (311k). I don't think it's likely that this collection will sell anywhere close to that. I expect it to move about 150-200k units in total.

Thorgal

Why would there be a Wii U version?

A few weeks ago in the sales thread there was a discussion about if there was gonna be a symphonia remake or port . would it be released on a nintendo system (Wii U) as the original was or if it was gonna go to the playstation platform ?

Now we have that answer.

PS3 was probably the most sensible option .

personnaly i am happy about this news . but tales of destiny1 and 2 also deserves a remake IMO.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm ready for We Cheer 2.

I´ll gladly take Go Vacation U. This game with upgraded graphics, online and Miiverse support could be the minigame collection of forever. Loved the first one on Wii and still play it from time to time with my nephews.

hiska-kun

I don't know why Amazon.jp is not taking MH4 pre-orders yet.
But at least GamesMaya reports that today a lot of people came to his shop just to pre-order MH4.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Wii U has showed is not the proper system for this type of games. If B-N decides to put the sequels there we know from now the results.

edit: If anyone cares, since some wanted VIT instead of PSV, the initials for the new consoles will be PS4 and XB1.

Road

Wii U has showed is not the proper system for this type of games. If B-N decides to put the sequels there we know from now the results.

edit: If anyone cares, since some wanted VIT instead of PSV, the initials for the new consoles will be PS4 and XB1.
I'm changing everything to 5 letters because I want to use XBONE.

L Thammy

It's not the proper system for what "type of games"? Third party games?

There's no RPGs on the system aside from VC ones, as far as I recall. But I don't think we can conclude that the system is particularly unsuitable for any genre until it actually has some successful games.

I don't think it's particularly suited for any games right now.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's not the proper system for what "type of games"? Third party games?

There's no RPGs on the system aside from VC ones, as far as I recall. But I don't think we can conclude that the system is particularly unsuitable for any genre until it actually has some successful games.

I don't think it's particularly suited for any games right now.

Out of curiosity, what are we expecting the first JRPG to be on the system?

Would it be X?

Lightning Returns, Tales, Dark Souls 2, and the niche otaku JRPGs don't seem to be coming, and I'm blanking out on any other console JRPGs scheduled to come out especially soon.

Damn @ the Wii U numbers

I missed the last few mediacreate threads and figured 8k was the floor for Wii U, but it just keeps going lower and lower. This is no longer just a software problem. No way only games can fix this mess. I'm glad Revelaitons did okay on the PS3 at least...

L Thammy

Out of curiosity, what are we expecting the first JRPG to be on the system?

Would it be X?

Lightning Returns, Tales, Dark Souls 2, and the niche otaku JRPGs don't seem to be coming, and I'm blanking out on any other console JRPGs scheduled to come out especially soon.

Uh. Yakuza? I've heard that described as an RPG.
X would probably be the first original RPG on the system barring some surprise.

Oh, wait, I guess I've forgotten Dragon Quest X. But I figure that MMORPGs have a somewhat different audience.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Uh. Yakuza? I've heard that described as an RPG.
X would probably be the first original RPG on the system barring some surprise.

Oh, wait, I guess I've forgotten Dragon Quest X. But I figure that MMORPGs have a somewhat different audience.

For Yakuza I would personally consider it more of an action-adventure game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB9mt9ukitg

Dragon Quest X did come to mind, but yeah, I'm not sure it would be entirely fair to the system to judge its RPG sales potential based on that game's sales given the online aspect.

L Thammy

What type of games are Nintendo Land and Game & Wario? Third party?

Is Nintendo Land an RPG? Is Tales first-party franchise? Not sure what you're saying.

I'm not saying that releasing this Symphonia collection on the Wii U would be a good idea. I just don't think it's the genre that's the issue - most games would be better off on a system other than the Wii U right now.

Top Bottom