• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 26, 2015 (Jun 22 - Jun 28)

crinale

As for Splatoon Nintendo is still pushing it, and I hope they'll keep doing so.
Actually I remembered I said same thing last week too.

any Splatoon VS MK8/Smash U comparison?
I know, MK8 is on another planet in terms of LTD, but I wonder if Smash could be somehow reachable. Nothing seems able to stop this Splatfest...

Smash was in the high 400k range last I saw, I think. Splatoon properly supported and promoted should be able to pass it, unless upcoming DLC etc. for Smash gives it a second wind.

NotLiquid

As much as people like to bag on the direction FE has taken there's no denying that it's saved the franchise from irrelevancy. I for one welcome this new shift.

Furthermore the Squid Research Lab must have miscalculated - the inkstains in Splatoon must be hard to wash off after all.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What do y'all think splatoons LTD will be? 450k?

600-700k lifetime could be possible - im expecting Nintendo to drop the WiiU price by a bit for this Holiday season and promote WiiU evergreens like MK8, Smash and Splatoon in addition to Mario Maker.

It sure did better than Dragon Quest spin off on 3DS :D

Weird comparison...but ok.

Looks like Nintendo/IS does know what the Fire Emblem fans want. Face it old guard FE has taken a new direction that will ensure it actually remains alive and popular rather than the walking corpse that it was before Awakening was made.

Scum

What a time to be a Squid Kid. Splatoon NX/Spla2oon is soooo happening. Now, if only NCL had a few titles to take advantage of Splatoon's momentum...

Wiggy

Minecraft back over 10k good to see.

Persona numbers are pretty good, the P4 generation is bowing out with some grace
just give me persona 5 now

FFHS numbers look bad, be interesting to see the digital numbers-probably heavily skewed as it is an MMO.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Smash was in the high 400k range last I saw, I think. Splatoon properly supported and promoted should be able to pass it, unless upcoming DLC etc. for Smash gives it a second wind.

I think it was around 608K. let me check.
Wrong:

MC:
17./25. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U # <FTG> (Nintendo) {2014.12.06} (¥7.776) - 2.522 / 646.705

Famitsu:
19./00. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U # <FTG> (Nintendo) {2014.12.06} (¥7.776) - 2.208 / 651.911 <80-100%>

So, still a long way to go, but the pace of its sales are really good indeed.
06./03. [WIU] Splatoon <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.05.28} (¥6.156) - 37.458 / 348.040 (-14%)

Let's see and wait.

RI-EDIT (Mpl90):

348,040 + 57,418* = 405,458
* = digital sales from eShop and download cards in store, as of June 21st, 2015

Sooooo...still a long way to go to catch Smash U. But the simple fact we (I, at least) are evaluating the possibility is...surprising.

kswiston

Famitsu doesn't track DLC.

I know, but I wonder how it will count in this case. They seem to be double counting the special edition. Will buying the second scenario count as DLC or a game purchase?

Nintendo will probably count the versions separately.

sörine

Banned
There's not a lot of incentive to go physical unless you wanted the CE.
Probably mostly digital purchases.
In Japan? The only time I remember digital exceeding retail for an mmo was with DQX V1 on Wii U and that's only because Wii owners got a 60% discount on the eShop.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Splatoon according to Media Create

348,040 + 57,418* = 405,458
* = digital sales from eShop and download cards in store, as of June 21st, 2015

hiska-kun

good opening for FE, but I'm waiting for Famitsu numbers to see the digital cards amount sold. Good also for Persona Dancing. Decent bump for 3DS and very good one for Vita. PS4 to me confirms a very interesting potential, compared to the Wii U, that anyway still hold decently thanks to a very solid hold by Splatoon, pretty impressive. As it is Rhythm Tengoku, with a small decrease.

EDIT: 350k for Famitsu? Are you sure that the difference is for the Limited edition counted x2 in famitsu and not for the digital cards, usually counted in Famitsu and not in MC? Btw, 300/350k depending on the cards/edition is very solid and a very good increase compared to Awakaning (that was already a solid exploit for the series)

I'm sure. The same happened with Pokemon ORAS.

Famitsu
01./00. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥4.937) - 1.534.593 / NEW

Media Create
01./00. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥4.937) - 1.327.671 / NEW
02./00. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby/Pokemon Alpha Sapphire: Dual Pack <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥9.874) - 90.497 / NEW
Total: 1.418.168

Media Create Weekly comment
“Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire” sold 1.509 million copies mainly to returning users

&#12539; Due to the release of popular title “Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire,” total software sales amounted to 1,854,058 copies (290.87% of last week).
They didn’t reach, however, the weekly sales in the second week of October (total software sales: 1,854,220 copies) when “Monster Hunter 4G” was released, placing the second largest weekly sales in this year.

&#12539; Top-ranked “Pokémon Alpha Sapphire” (714 thousand copies) and second-ranked “Pokémon Omega Ruby” (614 thousand copies) sold 1.328 million copies in total.
If we include “Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Double Pack” as 2 copies per 1 unit, they were 1.509 million copies.
The latest installment was a remake of “Pokémon Ruby/ Sapphire” released in November 2002, and they didn’t reach initial weekly sales of 1.867 million copies of “X” (961 thousand copies) and “Y” (906 thousand copies) released in October 2013.
But, they were almost the same as total sales of 1.443 million copies of past remake title “Soul Silver” (723 thousand copies) and “Heart Gold” (720 thousand copies), although a single comparison is impossible because an estimating period in the latest installment in the first week is a day longer.

&#12539; According to our data about purchasers, as for age of purchasers of “Alpha Sapphire” in initial week, the highest was around twenties, so it seems that it was purchased mainly by the returning users who had played its previous installment, “Ruby/ Sapphire”.
Meanwhile, the proportion of 15 and under was significantly lower than that of “X” and “Soul Silver,” so it is noteworthy whether they will attract young users in the end of the year selling season, when the demand for a gift will go up.

Media Create
01./00. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥4.937) - 1.508.665 / NEW

Matching with Famitsu

Extra (also matching as two copies for Dengeki)

Dengeki
01./00. [3DS] Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (Pokemon) {2014.11.21} - 801.829 / NEW <80%>
02./00. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby (Pokemon) {2014.11.21} - 700.494 / NEW <80%>
Total: 1.502.323

kswiston

Shouldn't you double no.3 because it's essentially 2 games?

I guess the Sega Genesis collection is one of the best selling games of all time then!

Looks like Nintendo/IS does know what the Fire Emblem fans want. Face it old guard FE has taken a new direction that will ensure it actually remains alive and popular rather than the walking corpse that it was before Awakening was made.

They will continue to complain forever. Look at the Final Fantasy fanbase.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Persona Q : 186,856 FW
Persona 4 Arena: 128.485 FW
Persona 4 Golden : 137.076 FW

Persona Q did sold pretty well, looking back

Famitsu
01./00. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire # <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥4.937) - 1.534.593 / NEW

Media Create
01./00. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥4.937) - 1.327.671 / NEW
02./00. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby/Pokemon Alpha Sapphire: Dual Pack <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥9.874) - 90.497 / NEW
Total: 1.418.168

Media Create Weekly comment

Media Create
01./00. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2014.11.21} (¥4.937) - 1.508.665 / NEW

Matching with Famitsu

Thank you, but what does that mean for Famitsu digital cards sold at retail? they usually count them, right? so, if now FE If for Famitsu is matching MC numbers because of the "double count" of the LE, should we suppose that Famitsu didn't count the digital cards sold at retail this time around?
And, in any case, can we suppose that actually FE If sold more thatn 350k at debut, counting the eventual digital cards + eshop sales?

Persona did a lot better than I was expecting. Vita boost was decent too.

Fire Emblem did exactly as I was expecting, the numbers are still great though.

Pretty damn poor from idolm@ster and Chaos;child though.

Bruno MB

We will know Fire Emblem Fates: Black Kingdom / White Kingdom total shipment sales + digital in Japan if it makes it into the million mark (worldwide) before the end of fiscal year 2015-2016. This means that it will have to be released in the West before March 31, 2016.

Anyway I doubt it will be able to outsell Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (775.000).

duckroll

It's not quite the same though. The Pokemon Dual Pack includes two games. Two different games. Hence it is a bundle. Like the EDF2 PSP/Vita dual-packs which are two copies of the game bundled in at a discount. The FE If LE is a single cart. The cart includes the complete game, which is not 2x of the normal game, but rather either version of the normal game + the DLC for the other half.

600-700k lifetime could be possible - im expecting Nintendo to drop the WiiU price by a bit for this Holiday season and promote WiiU evergreens like MK8, Smash and Splatoon in addition to Mario Maker.

Weird comparison...but ok.

Don't forget Super Mario 3D World. That game had a horrible start, yet is now close to 700k!

Persona Q did sold pretty well, looking back

Thank you, but what does that mean for Famitsu digital cards sold at retail? they usually count them, right? so, if now FE If for Famitsu is matching MC numbers because of the "double count" of the LE, should we suppose that Famitsu didn't count the digital cards sold at retail this time around?
And, in any case, can we suppose that actually FE If sold more thatn 350k at debut, counting the eventual digital cards + eshop sales?

Well, numbers must not exactly match. So there might still be a sales gap of, let's say, 20-25k eShop cards that would aggregate to Famitsu numbers. Also, eShop cards apparently started selling well after cartridges went sold-out (similarly to Animal Crossing).

FluxWaveZ

Given those sales, a new 3DS Persona spin-off should be in the pipeline.

It's not that simple when the concept is a very important thing for fans of the series. The novelty of the original P3 and P4 casts crossing over won't be there anymore. They also can't just pull the same thing off again due to story reasons. All of this spin-off stuff resets itself once Persona 5 enters the fray.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Persona did a lot better than I was expecting. Vita boost was decent too.

Fire Emblem did exactly as I was expecting, the numbers are still great though.

Pretty damn poor from idolm@ster and Chaos;child though.

I think Idolm@ster is in line with the other G4U releases (I don't exactly remember how much the others sold, though).
Chaos;child went way above what 5pb. was expecting. Still, I thought the PS4 version would've sold slightly more, honestly (though it probably got decent digital sales too, %-wise)

crinale

We will now Fire Emblem Fates: Black Kingdom / White Kingdom total shipment sales + digital in Japan if it makes it into the million mark before the end of fiscal year 2015-2016. This means that it will have to be released in the West before March 31, 2016.

Anyway I doubt it will be able to outsell Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (775.000).

Well that was released when SNES was at its Zenith so..

RiggyRob

We will now Fire Emblem Fates: Black Kingdom / White Kingdom total shipment sales + digital in Japan if it makes it into the million mark before the end of fiscal year 2015-2016. This means that it will have to be released in the West before March 31, 2016.

Depends on the definition of West - Awakening was released in April in EU and I think a big portion of its sales that contributed to the million mark were in EU.

Now about that console HD Fire Emblem game, Intelligent Systems...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Given those sales, a new 3DS Persona spin-off should be in the pipeline.

Do they have the bandwidth to get it out in time?

I'm kind of assuming the PersonaQ people are on Etrian Odyssey 5 at this point, and that PersonaQ 2 would include Persona 5 characters.

That said it's Atlus so it could still be a 3DS game in late 2017 or something.

duckroll

Do they have the bandwidth to get it out in time?

I'm kind of assuming the PersonaQ people are on Etrian Odyssey 5 at this point, and that PersonaQ 2 would include Persona 5 characters.

That said it's Atlus so it could still be a 3DS game in late 2017 or something.

Maybe instead of Devil Survivor 3, they're making Persona: Devil Survivor for 3DS!

Shinriji

The persona numbers are the regular and crazy value box (the LE), but it's lacking the Vita bundle (Premium Crazy box). They should add an extra 10k or so.

Pinky

Banned
Dem legs!

tumblr_nppg185v371qkghkro1_540.png

Top Bottom