• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 29, 2012 (Jul 16 - Jul 22)

BriBri

So I'm guessing eShop downloads won't count on Media Create but will the instore download cards count? I don't see how they won't.

muu

So I'm guessing eShop downloads won't count on Media Create but will the instore download cards count? I don't see how they won't.

Either way Nintendo has said they will make sales figures for download sales public, so we should see them in relation to mc sales in some shape or form.

ffdgh

np319.jpg

It begins.

wow....
next week will be fun

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I knew the whole "Jikkyou PPB selling more on Vita" thing was a blatant lie.

Well, the game as a whole did so bad compared to last year that the Vita version being so low isn't the biggest problem.

Oh well. 3DS SKU, here we come.

nmanma

I'm glad to see RF4 doing well, RF3 was really well received and being outsold already is amazing

A funny coincidence, Media Creates Vita sales lastweek/thisweek is almost the exact opposite of Famitsu's

If I was to import one version of Taiko no Tatsujin for the DS which one should I pick up?

Check the song lists for each game on the taikotime blog to decide. Personally I'd go with the second one just because it has Linda Linda

smbu2000

Wow, great opening for RF4. I was curious about how it would do.

3DS HW still holding on strong with the imminent release of the LL. Next week's numbers should be really interesting.

No Time Travelers at all? The PSP one just released...wow...

Jikkyou took a hit it seems from last year. Konami needs to release 3DS versions again. Of this as well as Pro Yakyuu Spirits.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
RF4, Digimon and LBX1.7 are the best titles for this month, imho.
very solid 3ds HW performance considering the LL incoming.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Does the 1mil shipped figure for NSMB 2 include download cards ?

zroid

Banned
L5 can't catch a break with Ni no Kuni. That game seems destined to flop no matter how many times they rerelease it. :(

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
L5 can't catch a break with Ni no Kuni. That game seems destined to flop no matter how many times they rerelease it. :(

I know that it was over-distributed and was subject to a price drop, but I think that the firts original version did really well.

I really think that it was a big mistake to aim it at PS3 demographic, honestly

(Note: at least in Japan. Maybe it will sell well on PS3 oversea)

test_account

XP-39C²
It shouldnt be any problems tracking those cards because they are scanned at the register. If Media Create, Famitsu and Dengeki does it, that is another question.

In the picture above, how many cards are there on each shelf? I cant tell if it is 10 or 50. Looks like a lot though.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
According to Konami it is the sequel to New Little King's Story, and it is developed by Marvelous.

It's not a sequel though, it's a reimagining of the first game.

LKS2 will not happen, and without Kimura it never should.

Guys, I repeat there's a big story aside from Rune Factory IV success

01./00. [PS3] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2011 | SPT | (Konami) {2011.07.14} | ¥6.980 | - 117.759 / NEW
04./00. [PSP] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2011 | SPT | (Konami) {2011.07.14} | ¥5.250 | - 73.247 / NEW

Total first week sales: 191.006

05./00. [PS3] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2012 <SPT> (Konami) {2012.07.19} (¥6.980) - 62.740 / NEW
07./00. [PSP] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2012 <SPT> (Konami) {2012.07.19} (¥5.250) - 28.142 / NEW
10./00. [PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2012 <SPT> (Konami) {2012.07.19} (¥6.480) - 16.837 / NEW

Total first week sales: 107.719
Megabomba. The last time PowerPros was this low 1st week, Konami dumped the platforms entirely (PS2/Wii) for greener pastures (PSP/PS3). Can we expect 2013 on 3DS/WiiU?

Also, platform debuts for the series:

[PS2] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 7 (142,152)
[GC] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 9 (36,063)
[Wii] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Wii (46,280)
[PSP] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2010 (114,949)
[PS3] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2010 (53,339)
[PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2012 (14,669)

According to Konami it is the sequel to New Little King's Story, and it is developed by Marvelous.
Konami lied, it's a remake.

It's also developed by the AQi side though I believe, not MMV.

Didn't someone say the All-in-One release would push NNK over Xenoblade and TLS?

Takao

Banned
It's not a sequel though, it's a reimagining of the first game.

LKS2 will not happen, and without Kimura it never should.

At E3 Konami straight up said it was a sequel. Maybe in the localization stage they fixed the slowdown and made it a sequel, haha.

Anyways, Shinjiri posted this yesterday:

JAPAN VITA PSN STORE TOP 10 (July 16-23)

1. Pawapuro 2012 (119/4.68)
2. Time Travelers (251 /4.42)
3. Assault Gunners (568/4.66)
4. Persona 4 Golden (2.295/4.95)
5. MGS HD (470/4.75)
6. Dokuro (207/4.87)
7. Resistance: Burning Skies (169/4.26)
8. Gundam Seed Battle Destiny (719/4.58)
9. MGS 3 HD (29/4.79)
10. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (2.526/4.48)

(Number of rates / Rate score)

zroid

Banned
I know that it was over-distributed and was subject to a price drop, but I think that the firts original version did really well.

I really think that it was a big mistake to aim it at PS3 demographic, honestly

(Note: at least in Japan. Maybe it will sell well on PS3 oversea)

I don't remember the exact numbers, but the PS3 version fell waaay short of expectations. There's no way it broke even. Its LTD at launch price was probably close to 100k, and I think they ended up selling more but only after relegating it to the bargain bin.

The DS version on the other hand, that sold pretty well.

I really hope it succeeds overseas. Namco seems to be pushing it relatively hard, with Ninostarter and all that.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Almost time for DQX predictions.

The range is going to be insane.

Do retailers pay for pre-paid/download cards upfront like they do for any other good? Or do they only pay once a card gets activated during checkout?

Top Bottom