• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 29, 2012 (Jul 16 - Jul 22)

hiska-kun

Run Factory series FW according to MC:

[NDS] Rune Factory (Marvelous Entertainment) - 42.210
[NDS] Rune Factory 2 (Marvelous Entertainment) – 52.042
[NDS] Rune Factory 3 (Marvelous Entertainment) – 41.279
[3DS] Rune Factory 4: A Fantasy Harvest Moon <SLG> (Marvelous Entertainment) {2012.07.19} (¥5.229) - 85.955

Amazing

Laguna

Banned
It´s a pity that Time Traveller´s sold that badly, in the end it looks like the 3DS version is the best selling version by a very small margin (bigger 1st week shipment and most likely better 2nd week).

Besides Little Battlers their own published games sold terribly on every Sony system. Most likely they´ll concentrate their efforts even more on 3DS from now on. A LB2 port for 3DS is looking to be very likely now thanks to LBXs mild success. Even Gundam Age isn´t out of the question anymore.

Takao

Banned
It´s a pity that Time Traveller´s sold that badly, in the end it looks like the 3DS version is the best selling version by a very small margin (bigger 1st week shipment and most likely better 2nd week).

Besides Little Battlers their own published games sold terribly on every Sony system. Most likely they´ll concentrate their efforts even more on 3DS from now on. A LB2 port for 3DS is looking to be very likely now thanks to LBXs mild success. Even Gundam Age isn´t out of the question anymore.

Level-5 launched 3 properties on Sony platforms. LBX has done well. Time Travelers wasn't going to sell well anywhere. Nino Kuni is really the big failure.

Also, Level-5 is not publishing Gundam Age. Namco Bandai is, and I really doubt they'll be doing a 3DS port for that.

I just realized that Level 5's shitty Akira Tago games sold better than TT, Girls RPG and Guild 01.

c5tetjilgmk2jpkd3.jpg

test_account

XP-39C²

About Time Travellers, i think it is the opposite. The Vita also have a digital download version.

Level-5 launched 3 properties on Sony platforms. LBX has done well. Time Travelers wasn't going to sell well anywhere. Nino Kuni is really the big failure.

Also, Level-5 is not publishing Gundam Age. Namco Bandai is, and I really doubt they'll be doing a 3DS port for that.
After how Layton and IE skyrocketed on DS, I'd say LBX was mildly dissapointing given the push it had. I'd class it with Layton 4/5, IEGo or NNK DS, decent but probably not what was expected.

Its getting a demo? While that's better than nothing, a late released demo for Kingdom Hearts didn't do much for that game. The same could probably be said for TT.

Well, actually the week the demo was released, the game hold quite nicely, but maybe it was also helped by the Golden Week.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I don't remember the exact numbers, but the PS3 version fell waaay short of expectations. There's no way it broke even. Its LTD at launch price was probably close to 100k, and I think they ended up selling more but only after relegating it to the bargain bin.

The DS version on the other hand, that sold pretty well.

I really hope it succeeds overseas. Namco seems to be pushing it relatively hard, with Ninostarter and all that.

Yes, I was talking about the DS version with "the first original", in fact I think that PS3 wasn't the right choice because of its demographic.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't mention DS in my previous post ;)

Nekki

But that's just part of the NEW! line, with a new aesthetic, and people just wanted the old-school look back.

Great news for RF4. I think it will be the best selling entry in the series thus far. On the other hand, EOIV will probably fall short by just a little bit.

And WOW @ all the download cards!! That is just insane lol. Guess it's that time of the year already :D

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Run Factory series FW according to MC:

[NDS] Rune Factory (Marvelous Entertainment) - 42.210
[NDS] Rune Factory 2 (Marvelous Entertainment) – 52.042
[NDS] Rune Factory 3 (Marvelous Entertainment) – 41.279
[3DS] Rune Factory 4: A Fantasy Harvest Moon <SLG> (Marvelous Entertainment) {2012.07.19} (¥5.229) - 85.955

Amazing

Impressive. Should we expect it to be heavily frontloaded or could it reach the best LTD of all time for the series?
Alos: should we officialy say fairwell to any possible home console version of the brand now?

Celine

Why does that look like a cover of Famitsu (the ones that don't have girls on it)?
Cause Akira Toriyama isn't the only mangaka that did character design for videogames.
Susumu Matsushita worked on many games actually, some never seen the light ...

magical-ninja-jiraiya-kenzan-015.jpg

Laguna

Banned
About Time Travellers, i think it is the opposite. The Vita also have a digital download version.

Last week both versions sold basically the same with a minimal lead in favor of the Vita version (about 300 units?), in the last months it was obvious that software sales on Vita were more frontloaded and knowing that the 3DS version got a bigger shipment most likely this time as well. Even if it isn´t already the best selling one by now (doubt it) it most likely will in the long run, sadly the sales are bad either way.

Talking about digital sales is even more speculative then what we assumed before, so I was more looking at retail sales. Takaos chart shows 251 ratings for TT on PSN, at least to me this doesn´t look very promising.

It will be interesting to see if there´ll be a eshop version in future as well.

@Takao
With Bandai behind Gundam Age it probably will remain PSP-only, they seem to have a good run with their anime-games lately. But especially after these flops in the last year Level5 likely took a closer look on which system they had success and were they didn´t. LB was a decent seller on PSP but it´s slowly coming to its end and we know in what state Vita is, we should look after LB2s sales first but 3DS just looks to be a more viable platform for this series in future and LBX (afaik the 3rd version of the first game in a year) sales are very promising for the next entries.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Impressive. Should we expect it to be heavily frontloaded or could it reach the best LTD of all time for the series?
Alos: should we officialy say fairwell to any possible home console version of the brand now?

It'll definitely become the most successful game in the series. Even RF3 doubled its first week sales.

Takao

Banned
You could put Gundam Age on PS2 in its prime and it still probably wouldn't sell well. That sub-franchise has been a flop in pretty much every regard.

test_account

XP-39C²
3DS will get a demo, so its version will probably end up higher than any other one.
I thought he ment until now because he said "is the best selling". If he means the final LTD, then the 3DS version might sell the most.

No demo for the Vita version by the way?

Last week both versions sold basically the same with a minimal lead in favor of the Vita version (about 300 units?), in the last months it was obvious that software sales on Vita were more frontloaded and knowing that the 3DS version got a bigger shipment most likely this time as well. Even if it isn´t already the best selling one by now (doubt it) it most likely will in the long run, sadly the sales are bad either way.

Talking about digital sales is even more speculative then what we assumed before, so I was more looking at retail sales. Takaos chart shows 251 ratings for TT on PSN, at least to me this doesn´t look very promising.

It will be interesting to see if there´ll be a eshop version in future as well.
Kinda the same reply as i have above, i thought you ment until this date, not the final LTD. In the end the 3DS version might be the best selling one.

But as you say, the sales are bad either way, and the difference between the two version might be a few thousand tops, so it doesnt really matter much. Only a small interesting point in sales history.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Megabomba. The last time PowerPros was this low 1st week, Konami dumped the platforms entirely (PS2/Wii) for greener pastures (PSP/PS3). Can we expect 2013 on 3DS/WiiU?

Also, platform debuts for the series:

[PS2] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 7 (142,152)
[GC] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 9 (36,063)
[Wii] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Wii (46,280)
[PSP] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2010 (114,949)
[PS3] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2010 (53,339)
[PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2012 (14,669)

I don't know about a Wii U version, but the 3DS version at this point MUST happen. 100k less than last year. And I don't even understand the reason: was the game bad? The audience who bought it last year changed platforms? I just don't know...but 3DS version should be there for next year.

Beth Cyra

You could put Gundam Age on PS2 in its prime and it still probably wouldn't sell well. That sub-franchise has been a flop in pretty much every regard.

This.

Porting AGE at this point would be nothing but a money sink. AGE is the single worst performing Gundam ever created. It's even dropped below Gundam X for god sake.

No way they bother with a port even if it could do a little better.

nordique

The game struggles with slowdowns on Vita. Porting that to 3DS would be watching a Power Point presentation.

Really? I seem to remember LKS running better than a "Power point presentation" on the Wii....

Last time I checked 3DS was able to handle Wii-like graphics so its doubtful such a game if optimized for the 3DS would be akin to a "power point presentation" ...

edit: also, the picture you posted is a "remake", not a sequel. Regardless of what some Konami rep said at a booth think of it like "Ninja Gaiden Sigma" to the original xbox "Ninja Gaiden". Sigma was not a sequel to Ninja gaiden but more of a remake on a stronger system with some added content and such. A reimagining.

Takao

Banned
Really? I seem to remember LKS running better than a "Power point presentation" on the Wii....

Last time I checked 3DS was able to handle Wii-like graphics so its doubtful such a game if optimized for the 3DS would be akin to a "power point presentation" .....

I was referring to a port of NLKS to 3DS.

nordique

Sure but the game wouldn't be ported "as-is"...3DS is a different system and if they chose to port this game to 3DS for arguments sake, then it would not be a cut & paste job

It would be ported differently, assuming they wanted to do that, and if the basic game could run on a Wii, it could run on a 3DS

Laguna

Banned
Bandai said there´ll be a big surprise in September (God Eater 2 related). Maybe a hint for a announcement in the next Vita heaven?

I don't know about a Wii U version, but the 3DS version at this point MUST happen. 100k less than last year. And I don't even understand the reason: was the game bad? The audience who bought it last year changed platforms? I just don't know...but 3DS version should be there for next year.
My guess is they planned on continuing the Kun Pocket side series on 3DS, but with the mainline collapsing on the PlayStations maybe they should reconsider?

Honestly, I think we might see the main series go back to console only on PS3/WiiU next year, with Kun Pocket on 3DS. PSP's declining rapidly and Vita's just failing to launch. Pro Baseball Spirits could stay PS3/Vita though.

No one wants that anyway, just give us the Superior Wii version with touch control. and threedee.

Takao

Banned
All of the opinions about NLKS have been very positive outside of the wacky frame rate so it's not like getting a port of that would be offensive. The frame rate being wonky is weird though since the game's not really a looker. It uses AA and some bloom but outside of that it looks pretty much like the Wii game (outside of the ultra animu cutscenes that is).

They improved it graphically? Looking at some youtube videos, it seems identical with the Wii version.

It may be an improvement from a technical standpoint. Artistically it looks...awful. The story-book aesthetic was part of the charm.

Edit: Meaning I'd rather have a straight port of the Wii version.

All of the opinions about NLKS have been very positive outside of the wacky frame rate so it's not like getting a port of that would be offensive. The frame rate being wonky is weird though since the game's not really a looker. It uses AA and some bloom but outside of that it looks pretty much like the Wii game (outside of the ultra animu cutscenes that is).

When I'm starved, even a rusk seems delicious. Still need to try the game, though.

Takao

Banned
It may be an improvement from a technical standpoint. Artistically it looks...awful. The story-book aesthetic was part of the charm.

Edit: Meaning I'd rather have a straight port of the Wii version.

The ultra animu look is only in the cutscenes. Here are some screenshots I took from the Vita demo:

Nice going with the copyright placement Konami, lol.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Not really. Once you reach those kind of pathetic sales 1-2k drops is not stabilization. Vita will be back below 10k next week. I don't think it will reach 6k again. Probably will stabilize 8-10k.

If you know his post history you will see this is his subtle Vita trolling..week after week.

Top Bottom