• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 29, 2012 (Jul 16 - Jul 22)

Dear God, you believe.

EDIT: Wait, is that a month or is that a week?

I took Chris's predictions:

[WII] Dragon Quest X - 765.432
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 987.654
[3DS] Demon Training - 123.456

And increased them a tad (someone has to have the highest, right?). I'm confused as to what the window of prediction is however, I thought it was first week but someone else mentioned that it's a month?

I took Chris's predictions:

[WII] Dragon Quest X - 765.432
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 987.654
[3DS] Demon Training - 123.456

And increased them a tad (someone has to have the highest, right?). I'm confused as to what the window of prediction is however, I thought it was first week but someone else mentioned that it's a month?
Reread Road's post its 4 weeks, july 30th to august 26th. Which means you'll be missing the first 2 or 3 days of sale from nsmb2 and demon training, if I'm not mistaken.

Reread Road's post its 4 weeks, july 30th to august 26th. Which means you'll be missing the first 2 or 3 days of sale from nsmb2 and demon training, if I'm not mistaken.

You're right, I was also partially basing my numbers on Pokemon B/W but just realized they sold for twice as long, so I am probably high. I'll stick with it for poops and giggles though, and maybe I (Nintendo?) will get lucky.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
[WII] Dragon Quest X - 525,000
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 1,100,000
[3DS] Demon Training -250,000

Road

For the new page:

Prediction League August, 2012

Predict how much these titles will sell in the 4 weeks (from July 30th to August 26th):

[WII] Dragon Quest X -
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 -
[3DS] Demon Training -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Special attention to NSMB2 and DT: the period does not include their "first week", it's only how much they'll sell in the next month, not the LTD.

Deadline: August, 1st 09:00 am (EDT)

Rules: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40358460&postcount=359

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
[WII] Dragon Quest X - 708.000
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 1.060.000
[3DS] Demon Training - 419.000

BY2K

Membero Americo
[WII] Dragon Quest X - 500,000
[3DS]New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 1,000,000
[3DS]Demon Training - 250,000

terrisus

First post in one of these threads, which feels really weird after having lurked them for years. But, hey, may as well get into the prediction thing.

The main thing that's really throwing me off is how much of the launch in this particular set of predictions, it's hard to put down exactly for "the month after launch, but not necessarily including launch." I'll probably be way off, but, here's a shot

[WII] Dragon Quest X - 650,000
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 950,000
[3DS] Demon Training - 160,000

Takao

Banned
A game on PSP that exceeds retailers' expectations is the exception not the rule lately. You can't blame them or BN this time when they usually stay with unsold stock.

Well the first day numbers were rather large. I would've assumed Namco Bandai could've got another batch ready to ship. UMDs do not take the time to press as cartridges do.

[WII] Dragon Quest X - 475k
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 -1,050,000
[3DS] Demon Training - 140k

2 games that could probably go anyway and one huge game. Won't be this good again until December

So, will the cards for NSMB2 and Brain Training be counted by Media Create?
Also, DQX already comes out and alongside these games? wtf...

donny2112

So, will the cards for NSMB2 and Brain Training be counted by Media Create?

There is no official word on the matter. That said, they include software bundled with hardware in the software totals, so I'd imagine that they'd include the download cards with the software totals, too.

Culex

Banned
Out of curiosity, does anyone find my charts useful? I have a spreadsheet, back to 2006 that I can graph, so it will show DS / PSP up to present, but will be HUGE on the X-axis.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
[WII] Dragon Quest X - 400,000
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 1,200,000
[3DS] Demon Training - 200,000

Drago

I've never done this before

[WII] Dragon Quest X - 550,000
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 1,200,000
[3DS] Demon Training - 300,000

Kazerei

Banned
Out of curiosity, does anyone find my charts useful? I have a spreadsheet, back to 2006 that I can graph, so it will show DS / PSP up to present, but will be HUGE on the X-axis.

Can you post a thumbnail in the thread and link to a full-size image?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The universe is out of balance. Who will defend Vita's honor now while lunchwithyuzo has his way with it?

creepymiku7ojwe.png

He won't actually be gone that long.

muu

[WII] Dragon Quest X - 350,000
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 700,000
[3DS] Demon Training - 450,000

[Wii] Dragon Quest X - 847,000
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 630,000
[3DS] Demon Training - 312,000

My first time. Saved myself for a crazy week.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
There aren't many blogs with reports for Saturday first day sales. The general impression at retail is NSMB2>>>Oni Training with high sellthrough for 3DS LL.

Maybe the deadline must change to the time Famitsu will give early numbers at Monday or Tuesday. Predictions made after then will have the advantage to know first week sales.

Nekki

There was an amazing post in an MC thread a few weeks ago where someone made a case for Vita's sales being effectively better than 3DS'. Don't remember where it is/who it was :(

I remember that... he made a calculation with the pricing of each console, lol. It must've been 3 or 4 weeks ago or so.

This one the one you were talking about??

If we're honest and evaluate by revenue, at minimum, the Vita came very close to surpassing the 3DS this week.

34000 x 25000 = 850000000
61000 x 15000 = 915000000

Note this comparison favors the 3DS given the existence of the Vita 3G SKU and Nintendo's historical penchant for bundling and discounts, which is just a euphemism for an underhanded, selfishly single minded way of acquiring sales and undermining the competition. However, I won't declare this an outright victory for Sony as I want to remain strictly factual. But if you note the top 5 (where 90%+ of the software sold each week resides), four of the software titles belong to the Sony ecosystem. If you factor in licensing fees and other unmentionable soft factors, this week was a resounding victory for Sony.

Bruno MB

Prediction League August, 2012

Predict how much these titles will sell in the 4 weeks (from July 30th to August 26th):

[WII] Dragon Quest X - 535.000
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 699.000
[3DS] Demon Training - 140.000

[WII] Dragon Quest X - 376.000
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 450.000
[3DS] Demon Training - 120.000

Top Bottom