• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 30, 2013 (Jul 22 - Jul 28)

duckroll

yeah, sorry, now I got it, I gave a better look at the prospect. Thanks for the explanation, though XD
Then, yes, 610k between October to next March, across five SKUs. Could we do a recap of SKUs coming out on every console by SEGA?

It's across 4 SKUs actually, since there's 1 Vita title slated for Q2 which they expect to sell 40k of. Not sure what that is, I don't follow Sega releases much these days.

Alrus

They miss expectations pretty often iirc.

Also shipments. Miku shipped 250k or so and Sega might expect a better result for the 2nd game now that the Vita is cheaper.

It might be 300k for 3 SKU

Is the 2nd Miku coming at the same time for the PS3 or are they doing a staggered release again for this one?

Spiegel

It's across 4 SKUs actually, since there's 1 Vita title slated for Q2 which they expect to sell 40k of. Not sure what that is, I don't follow Sega releases much these days.

It's J.League Soccer. Also on PS3

Is the 2nd Miku coming at the same time for the PS3 or are they doing a staggered release again for this one?

I don't think they have said it yet. Looks like they are doing a simultaneous release this time, though, because the announcement didn't mention a staggered release.

duckroll

Okay, thanks. I just checked Sega's site, and I don't think Miku is going to be part of that forecast. It's due in Spring 2014, which should be after March 2014.

But Project 575 is their undated "2014" title which is a Vita exclusive: http://project575.jp/utakumi575/

There's also an iOS app, and some other crossmedia promotional stuff they're pushing it with, so maybe they're betting on that, along with some other titles they'll be announcing in the next month or so.

nightever

I don't think they have said it yet. Looks like they are doing a simultaneous release this time, though, because the announcement didn't mention a staggered release.

J.League Soccer is a pretty big frchansie. If they only project 40K on psv sku, it will be interesting to guess the remaing games.

Also, am i right that project includes digital sales?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
As bad as WiiU sales have been worldwide, the total LTD is somewhat positive in Japan as Wii U has a 1:9 ratio versus PS3 (1 Million Wii U's vs. 9 Million PS3s'). The PS3 has had a 7 year head start. Those Wii U sales will undoubtedly increase as SSB, MH, Mario, Mario Party etc. release so I think that is good news for the Wii U in Japan.

I think if Nintendo can stop being so stupidly stubborn, and drop the price ASAP, they can outsell Gamecubes' total LTD in Japan which was around 5 Million IIRC.

duckroll

J.League Soccer is a pretty big frchansie. If they only project 40K on psv sku, it will be interesting to guess the remaing games.

Also, am i right that project includes digital sales?

Should include digital, yes.

They're projecting 150k for the PS3 SKU of Sakatsuku. So they're expecting about 190k across both versions. I don't think it's J League Soccer actually. Isn't this just the normal Let's Make a Pro Soccer Club series? J League is an actual soccer game. This is management stuff.

Road

This Monster Hunter Frontier G bickering reminds of Time Travelers...

But the release date is 10/10, which would be Q3. Although it might be early enough they shipments will count for Q2. Anyway, Vita forecast is crazy.

As bad as WiiU sales have been worldwide, the total LTD is somewhat positive in Japan as Wii U has a 1:9 ratio versus PS3 (1 Million Wii U's vs. 9 Million PS3s'). The PS3 has had a 7 year head start. Those Wii U sales will undoubtedly increase as SSB, MH, Mario, Mario Party etc. release so I think that is good news for the Wii U in Japan.

I think if Nintendo can stop being so stupidly stubborn, and drop the price ASAP, they can outsell Gamecubes' total LTD in Japan which was around 5 Million IIRC.

Those ltd numbers look bad when you realize just how little its sold after the first 4 weeks.

nightever

Should include digital, yes.

They're projecting 150k for the PS3 SKU of Sakatsuku. So they're expecting about 190k across both versions. I don't think it's J League Soccer actually. Isn't this just the normal Let's Make a Pro Soccer Club series? J League is an actual soccer game. This is management stuff.

Oh, you are right. I didn't know the proper translation so I just use Spiegel's.:)

IMO, the project for PS3 sku is a little high while the psv one is a little low..It's one of the games that fits handheld more.

Not at all. Its been on the market for almost a year and has sold 1 million with its launch boost.

Mario007

At least in terms of concurrent users, PSO2 seems to be doing very well:

For comparison, here are the peak numbers for Steam today:

495,282 Dota 2
65,085 Team Fortress 2
64,532 Sid Meier's Civilization V
46,544 Football Manager 2013
53,700 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
34,251 Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
32,943 Counter-Strike
30,325 Garry's Mod
28,502 Counter-Strike: Source
28,306 Borderlands 2

Is the Vita number just people that bought the game physically and digitally (i.e. that pack with fuckton of in game items)or does it relate to to anyone who downloaded the game?

Spiegel

But the release date is 10/10, which would be Q3. Although it might be early enough they shipments will count for Q2. Anyway, Vita forecast is crazy.

Right. I thought it was september for some reason.

Should include digital, yes. That's really weird.

Those are different series?

I meant to say the sequel of the psp games. Latest one sold about 170k. Is that series, right?

duckroll

Those are different series?

I meant to say the sequel of the psp games. Latest one sold about 170k. Is that series, right?

Oh, yeah they are. I was thinking of much older J League games by Sega. It seems the latest Sakatsuku has dropped J League from the game title though, even though it's still a J League licensed product. I wonder why.

saichi

Not at all. Its been on the market for almost a year and has sold 1 million with its launch boost.

I like your definition of "almost a year" cause I wouldn't consider less than 8 months is almost a year.

He's probably implying that mainline MH games will shift to Sony platforms rather than Nintendo if Frontier sells as well as he's saying on PS3.

If that'a really what he meant, it makes no sense at all.

Road's comment was spot on.

annce.png

Stolen from Vita thread.

If they are remaking into current engine then next trilogy will probably be ported too at later stages.

TheChaos0

lol, definitely a big WTF moment right there. What the hell is the point of that?

Well, they were definitely hinting a Rorona remake rather than plus for a while now.

I'm not sure about it's sales potential either, I guess it depends how much has been overhauled.

Maybe it's quite easy for them to port the game to a different engine. Well, it's certainly more expensive than doing a Plus version on a Vita.

Image doesn't work.

Sorry about the image it worked when i was posting it.

It was about Rorona remake as well as White Album 2 and next Steins Gate comming to Vita in oct/nov.

Also something that makes me scratch my head.
Easy tools for PSV/PS3 multiplatforms nicely improved PSV situation compared to 2013.

Why Nintendo doen't try it with 3DS/Wii U ? They have two screens in Wii U so that should work. Or if they don't have tools at least give 3rd parties some good discount on royalties from Wii U version to reduce financial risk.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
But does it improve the situation too much? I wouldn't be too happy if Nintendo acted like Sony, treating one platform as port-dump. Since I only have a Vita and no PS3 I'm fine with PS3 ports, but having Wii U and 3DS, I prefer the librarys to be mostly disjunct.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I just saw a new scan for One Piece: UWR, with the cover and two 3DS...special covers or two One Piece branded 3DS XL?

Oh, yeah they are. I was thinking of much older J League games by Sega. It seems the latest Sakatsuku has dropped J League from the game title though, even though it's still a J League licensed product. I wonder why.
They're still releasing a PSP only Sakatsuku J League game this year, so I'd guess they're just trying to emphasize that the PS3/Vita game is a new/different experience.

How many of that 1 million were published by Nintendo, though?
Or from franchises that were already big sellers on other platforms. Seems to me the difference is much less pronounced if you look at new IPs.

Enterbrain JP data for last week. #1 is Disney Magic Castle on 3DS which sold 105k, #2 Ace Attorney 5 3DS with 46k, #3 Mario & Luigi 32k

JP - WiiU sold 9400, down from the 10,900 last week as no major releases, 3DS sold 62k up from 56k last week. PS3 was 10,600 and Vita 17k

Best selling WiiU game? Pikmin 3 with 11k to take its total to date to 160k. 3DS titles 7 of Top 10. KILLER IS DEAD sold 18k, MIND=0 16k

From Gibogame on Twitter: https://twitter.com/gibbogame

#1 Disney Magic Castle: 105K
#2 Ace Attorney 5: 46K
#3 Mario & Luigi: 32K
Pikmin 3: 11K (LTD ~160K)
Killer Is Dead: 18K
Mind=0: 16K

3DS 7 out of top 10.

WiiU: 9,400 (last week 10,900)
3DS: 62K (last week 56K)
Ps3: 10,600
PSV: 17K

Bruno MB

[3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies - 46.000 / 288.000 (-81%) <82%>
[3DS] Mario & Luigi: Dream Team - 32.000 / 188.000 (-33%) <50%>
[WIU] Pikmin 3 - 11.000 / 160.000 (-31%) <75%>

Top Bottom