• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 34, 2014 (Aug 18 - Aug 24)

zeromcd73

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Yu-Gi-Oh had multiple million sellers back in the day.
Dem God Cards
e624b0604c5c394b3783fb2edec171cbc5c71ceda80a10e7d72d47c8.jpeg

Absolutely genius. Create three types of version of the same game with each having a different god card, making people buy multiple copies of said game just to get the cards.

Absolutely genius. Create three types of version of the same game with each having a different god card, making people buy multiple copies of said game just too get the cards.

... I bought two of them.

Was huge, hugely into YGO back in the day. God, the amount of money I spent of cards then, I dare not try to recall.

YGO's brand value dipped after the original ended significantly. Still a major card seller though, thus crappy anime seasons keep getting made.

Takao

Banned
true king of games imported this beast:

52400_front.jpg

all three god cards in english
the game itself was in english too

zeromcd73

... I bought two of them.

Was huge, hugely into YGO back in the day. God, the amount of money I spent of cards then, I dare not try to recall.

YGO's brand value dipped after the original ended significantly. Still a major card seller though, thus crappy anime seasons keep getting made.
true king of games imported this beast:

52400_front.jpg

all three god cards in english
the game itself was in english too
I wish I would've known about them as a kid, but I was just too young and didn't really know my way around the internet :( Australia is terrible and didn't have either of them (I think...).

Dad was nice enough to pay $400 for all three cards and we imported them from... Toywiz? Totally got ripped off, but was awesome since I was the only kid in school that had legit God cards.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
persona 5 2015 - ps4 too
new ys for vita and ps4
stuff
Bloodborne feb 5 2015 jpn

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I missed the conference, anyone have a summary?

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus - Vita/PS4 on March 26th
God Eater 2 Rage Burst - Vita/PS4 this Holiday
Ys - Vita/PS4 2015
Persona 5 - PS3/PS4 2015
Dragon Quest Heroes - PS4 2015 (developed by Omega Force --> Musou)
Luminous Arc Infinity - Vita 2015

Ok, I think PS4 is finally getting games, though.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Ys - Vita/PS4 2015
Persona 5 - PS3/PS4 2015

Wasn't there also Resident Evil Revelations 2? PS4/One, early 2015.

Anth0ny

Ok so now it's got some games coming. Here's hoping they will make some sort of impact.

Still no Ridge Racer, though.

Ok so now it's got some games coming. Here's hoping they will make some sort of impact.

DQ aside, all the announcements have been really expected. Typical 3rd parties stuffs on a Sony console: Ys, Disgaea, Gundam, God Eater.

What I can grasp from this conference is that Sony is pushing 3rd parties to shift development from PS3/PSV to PS4, so why so many multi games. Which might be good fro PS4 and less good for PSV; what I'm wondering is how much those games are going to push the hardware outside Sony diehard fans in Japan.

SK Estival Versus
God Eater Rage Burst 2
Ys 8
Disgaea 5
BloodBorne
RE Revelations 2
Gundam PS4
Persona 5
EDF 4.1
DOA 5 Last Round
DBZ Xenoverse
One Piece pirate Warriors
Bladestorm
Dragon Quest Heroes

All the PS4 games I can think of right now.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

PS4 2015 landscape since today completely changes, imho.
Probably 2014 lineup is still too weak (God eater expansion 2 was the only game announced for 2014, right? and it's multy with Vita), but 2015 (even if still "multiplatform with PS3 or Vita) is already seeing very Japanese-centric games, and important ones too. DQ Heroes will probably sell more on PS3, but is offering a tons of potential sales to PS4 too, and put a very strong IP on Sony platform since DQ8 (right?), increasing also the potential release of other DQ games.
DQ11 is still probably hitting the 3DS (look at all the DQ games released there) but now I'd say that it could hit the 3DS "first".

Mpl90

Yeah, maybe there are way too many multi releases, but 2015 seems to be good for PS4, in terms of releases both size and quality. Too bad for the end of this year, though.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Dragon Quest WarriorsHeroes.

I don't know what to think about that one

zeromcd73

It's good seeing lots of multi plat games coming to PS4, but I still don't think we are gonna see the PS4 average 15k a week even next year.

Edit: my tag.......

Ys - Vita/PS4 2015
Persona 5 - PS3/PS4 2015

Sony pushing hard on the PS3/Vita/4 simultaneous release of third party games, basically?
ReRevelations 2 PS4 only maybe (One too)

EDIT: OMG well great megaton

Well DQ for PS4, developed by Omega Force.

Wasn't there also Resident Evil Revelations 2? PS4/One, early 2015.

SK Estival Versus
God Eater Rage Burst 2
Ys 8
Disgaea 5
BloodBorne
RE Revelations 2
Gundam PS4
Persona 5
EDF 4.1
DOA 5 Last Round
DBZ Xenoverse
One Piece pirate Warriors
Bladestorm
Dragon Quest Heroes

All the PS4 games I can think of right now.

Thx

Seems like it actually was pretty good conference for PS4.

DaBoss

Multiplat doesn't really negatively affect the Vita. It seems multiplats/cross-gen is how Japanese-centric games will go through this gen.

Seems like offering to suck dicks is a popular way to get a tag lol

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
so many free blowjobs around! The second poster in a couple of days who got a tag like that :D

congrats

Mpl90

Multiplat doesn't really negatively affect the Vita. It seems multiplats/cross-gen is how Japanese-centric games will go through this gen.

Well, if there's one problem I can see is that some of these multi releases could affect negatively the PS4 version, in terms of sales potential. Still, PS4 has upcoming games, finally.

Still a bunch of cross gen/cross Vita games. They still have yet to show they have anyway to pull PS4 out of the dumps for an extended period. Also I don't see how this Dragon Quest being on PS4 means that 11 will be on PS4.

PS4 2015 landscape since today completely changes, imho.
Probably 2014 lineup is still too weak (God eater expansion 2 was the only game announced for 2014, right? and it's multy with Vita), but 2015 (even if still "multiplatform with PS3 or Vita) is already seeing very Japanese-centric games, and important ones too. DQ Heroes will probably sell more on PS3, but is offering a tons of potential sales to PS4 too, and put a very strong IP on Sony platform since DQ8 (right?), increasing also the potential release of other DQ games.
DQ11 is still probably hitting the 3DS (look at all the DQ games released there) but now I'd say that it could hit the 3DS "first".

The last game featuring DQ to be released on a Sony platform was Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable (PSP, May 2006). The last DQ game, instead, was DQVIII spin-off DQ: Yangus (PS2, April 2006).

allan-bh

What we saw in this event is not enough for really change PS4 situation in Japan.
I expected more from Sony, because sales are pretty bad right now.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Welll, we can't say that Vita saw an incredible start for this Gen in Japan, neither that it is flying off the shelves. I still think that the multi releases affected Vita, back in the days.
Of course, if we must compare having big games (as the ones we are talking about now for PS4: Yakuza, DQ Heroes, Persona, God Eater) with having no games...

random25

It's good seeing lots of multi plat games coming to PS4, but I still don't think we are gonna see the PS4 average 15k a week even next year.

Where's the line? :p

Edit: on a serious note, I think 15k a month is a bit reaching at this point, given that most of the games are cross-gen. We need to see first how the said games will move PS4 units in Japan, especially if it's competing against PS3 and Vita.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
So what titles does the PS4 have now?

2014:
God Eater 2 Burst (PS4/Vita)

2015:
Bloodborne (Feb 2015)
Senran Kagura Estival Versus (PS4/Vita - March 2015)
Dragon Quest Heroes/Warriors?
Persona 5 (PS3/PS4)
Ys (PS4/Vita)
Disgaea 5
Sony's golf game?
RE: Revelations 2
Yakuza 0

I guess we'll get an updated Road to TGS, but just curious. Anything else I'm missing?

DaBoss

The scenario seems to be either get mulriplat games or don't get games at all, so I don'treally see it as a negative for the PS4 either as it will make it easier for consumers to go from the PS3 (or even PSP/PSV) to the PS4.

Of coursw the potential is limited for the PS4, but there isn't another alternative.

Mpl90

15k a week would be 3x what's doing right now, dat progress! :O

Seriously, we have to wait and see, especially the releases' pace, that's going to be relevant.

Takao

Banned
Was this conference supposed to be the bigger deal or the one at TGS?

I don't think Sony is holding a conference at TGS. Third parties are free to announce whatever they want, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sony stealth announces more first/second party games on the show floor.

Top Bottom