• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 34, 2016 (Aug 22 - Aug 28)

mao2

More new games announced.

[PS4] Urban Legend in Limbo (東方深秘録)
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/urban-legend-limbo-ps4-launches-december-8-japan

[PS4][PSV] Touhou Genso Wanderer (不思議の幻想郷TOD -RELOADED-)
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/touhou-genso-wanderer-ps4-ps-vita-launches-december-22-japan

[PS4][PSV] Touhou Koubuto V (東方紅舞闘V)
Has PSVR support.
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/touhou-koubuto-v-ps4-ps-vita-launches-november-3-japan

[PSV] Traveling Stars
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201609/02114737.html

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Does Nintendo still do that thing where they threaten stores with less stock of popular games if they don't carry their duds?

Last incident I remember is Nintendo not sending additional shipments of Mario Galaxy for holidays at stores that had dropped its price because of low first week sellthrough.

I don't think they follow that tactic anymore and it's not like retailers ordered huge amounts of Metroid. Initial shipment is ~20k at most.

Takao

Banned
More new games announced.

[PS4] Urban Legend in Limbo (東方深秘録)
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/urban-legend-limbo-ps4-launches-december-8-japan

[PS4][PSV] Touhou Genso Wanderer (不思議の幻想郷TOD -RELOADED-)
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/touhou-genso-wanderer-ps4-ps-vita-launches-december-22-japan

[PS4][PSV] Touhou Koubuto V (東方紅舞闘V)
Has PSVR support.
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/touhou-koubuto-v-ps4-ps-vita-launches-november-3-japan

[PSV] Traveling Stars
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201609/02114737.html

[PSV] Twin Star Exorcists (working title)
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/357/1357617/

I don't think they follow that tactic anymore and it's not like retailers ordered huge amounts of Metroid. Initial shipment is ~20k at most.

20k is huge for this game.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Famitsu estimates initial shipment between 11k and 21k. I don't have access to the database right now but I'm pretty sure this must be one of the lower if not the lowest shipment for a Metroid and even low for a usual retail release. It's not like retailers didn't see the disaster coming, it just turned out to be bigger than what they expected.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
12. [3DS] Culdcept Revolt <TBL> (Nintendo) {2016.07.07} (¥4.700) - 42.183 (12.341) / 54.524

22.6% of overall sales through direct eShop sales is quite huge compared to the norm on 3DS, especially for Nintendo games. And I'm sure actual sales could've been a bit higher given how Famitsu tends to underestimate digital sales on Nintendo platforms. I know the numbers aren't that high overall, but it still stands how the major initiative used to entice more downloads (demo with early quests and online multiplayer as a bonus for pre-loading the title) had an impact on the total sales of the title.

Makes you wonder where the source of this is because its seemingly (at current) a phenomenon that occurs seemingly at random with certain franchises. (Most recently, AC:Amiibo, Chibi-Robo: Zip-Lash, and now MP:FF.)

And then I realized Tanabe is on two of those three projects... and I have to start wondering if that old rumor about his falling out with Retro over the fact the he was far too draconian with his views on how a thing should be... isn't rather oddly fitting to this very same problem here.

It's also baffling when you compare it to things like El Capitan, a project made entirely based on fan-reaction/feedback, or just about anything and everything done with Splatoon, as more recent examples (or heck, even Mario Party of all things seems to have learned something from the response to MP10. Fucking Mario Party.). Obviously "Nintendo" isn't one person but such drastic difference are very peculiar and lead me to think someone in control somewhere along the food chain is putting to work "their vision" over everything else.

/shrug

Sorry, what's El Capitan?

Also, AC isn't as good an example as the other two, given that it's clearly something hastily slapped together to simultaneously sell Amiibo and make up, in some crude fashion, for AC Wii U being cancelled/moved to NX. It's not like there's any doubt about the mainline series continuing.

Vena

Sorry, what's El Capitan?

Also, AC isn't as good an example as the other two, given that it's clearly something hastily slapped together to simultaneously sell Amiibo and make up, in some crude fashion, for AC Wii U being cancelled/moved to NX. It's not like there's any doubt about the mainline series continuing.

image.php

horuhe

Wait you never knew? I swear we've openly talked about El Capitan in these very threads in the past. Boy you must have been confused!

Not really. Didn't know where Aostia avatar came from. Damn GAF, that Todd Yarn really made my day, haha.

Sterok

Is Mario Maker 3DS a potential million seller? The gimped online probably isn't as big an issue in Japan as it would be elsewhere, and it's the sort of game to do well anywhere no matter when it comes out, but it's still a late port.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Is Mario Maker 3DS a potential million seller? The gimped online probably isn't as big an issue in Japan as it would be elsewhere, and it's the sort of game to do well anywhere no matter when it comes out, but it's still a late port.

I believe Wii U + 3DS will sells over 2 million. Not sure if 3DS version can break a million... definitively close though imo.

casiopao

I feel Holiday release+ bundle is going to help push the title a lot everywhere. This game is hugely popular.

L~A

If there was going to be a price drop it probably would have been announced during the Nintendo Direct.

I doubt it. Nintendo never announced price drops in Direct (always in a separate PR, out of the blue)

The creator said something inspirational about the earthquake in Kumamoto. Didn't catch all he wrote in the letter.

He did mention the Touhoku and Kumamoto earthquake. Basically, it's about the subtitle "Tachiagare Nippon!" (could be translated as "Stand up / Get up, Japan!". Guess that's his way to "help" relief effort.

Also explained he got plenty of messages from fans, asking him about a new entry. Looks like that TV show where the Wii game was played didn't go unnoticed either.

I'm curious what will happen to Nintendo's handheld style games on the NX given they seem to have halted the release of new Wii U games (presumably in favor of NX games), but are just going full steam ahead with 3DS releases.

I kind of see where you're driving at (I was also surprised by the amount of 2017 games), but at the same time, I'm not sure we can talk of going "full steam ahead".

The games announced do look like "filler" titles (I mean, we have two downports from Wii U). Looks like they did learn their lesson from last gen, where they got bit in the capital B. after dropping support pretty early.

After all, it's not like the Wii U is going to bring any money in anymore, so it's up to the 3DS to do all the heavy lifting, and it has to do so until March. After that, it's not sure the NX will be successful, let alone right out of the gate, so I assume that's why there were so many new 3DS games announced.

But all the games announced don't look like games that would take up lots of ressources, especially internal ones (pretty sure most of them are developed by partners, like Yoshi which is ported by Good-Feel). So I don't think it would mean much on internal "handheld" games for the NX platform.

Really hope we can get a NX reveal soon, so we can get a clearer picture of Nintendo's strategy.

By the way, about Mario Sports Superstars, looks like it's joint effort. Camelot are doing golf and tennis, it seems (at least, copyright notice indicate they're involved). I wonder who else is working on it... Next Level Games for football?

About the Nintendo 2DS, it should do well enough during the holidays, which is most likely what Nintendo is aiming for (they're clearly targetting children). I wonder if they're not going to discontinue the OG 3DS soon, I can't see them having 4 different models running at the same time, especially so late in the generation.

About the price drop... I'm not sure either way, since the rumour was about the western markets, where the 3DS is selling worse than in Japan. Since they're in a profit maximising period, due to the Wii U not bringing much anymore, I'm not sure there's going to be a price drop to be honest. Would it be really worth it?

Finally, about Momotaro Dentetsu... Konami is mentioned in the copyright section at the very end of the Nintendo Direct (along with the creator).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Bolded are new.

Road To TGS:

3DS:
- Puyo Puyo Chronicle (Sega): This is a full priced Puzzle RPG that reminds me of P&D or Monster Strike when they were turned into full RPGs with the puzzle mechanic as the gameplay. There's 3D graphics, a plotline, cutscenes, a world and towns you wander around in, and more. It's the 25th anniversary title.
- RPG Maker Fes (Enterbrain): It's RPG Maker, but for 3DS. It will have all the game sharing type functionality you would expect to make that actually useful.
- All Kamen Rider: Rider Revolution (Bandai Namco): It's a sidescrolling action game featuring all the Kamen Riders.
- Megami Meguri (Capcom): This is a game where you scan your train card and then the characters in the game talk to you about your riding history. I'm kind of surprised this isn't a mobile game, but I'm guessing the train companies are hoping to make riding the train more exciting for children.
- Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Heroes (Konami): This is an easy to play PowaPro baseball game for 3DS, presumably to target kids who aren't playing either the mobile or PS4/PS3/Vita game given we haven't had a 3DS version in a while.
- Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives 3: Final Stage (Sega): This is a 3D-ified retro game collection with After Burner II, Super Hang-On, Streets of Rage II, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Gunstar Heroes, and Turbo Outrun. There are also three more games coming. Given the name, this is presumably the last collection for 3DS. There will also be a compilation release.
- Kunio-kun Nekketsu Complete Famicom Series (Arc System Works): This is a collection of all Kunio-kun games from the original Nintendo.
- Tank Troopers (Nintendo): This is a class based, competitive third person shooter where everyone is a tank and you can't play online.
- Super Mario Maker 3DS (Nintendo): This is a 3DS adaptation of Super Mario Maker. There are some limitations like not being able to upload courses online or pick courses from the store by course ID. Not all Wii U stages work on the 3DS version.
- Poochy & Yoshi&#8217;s Woolly World (Nintendo): This is an enhanced port of Yoshi's Woolly World for 3DS that has every single level from the Wii U version, plus new exclusive levels where you play as Poochy. There are also 30 animated shorts with Yoshi and Poochy being added to the game, and a Poochy amiibo is being released.
- Mario Sports: Superstars (Nintendo): This is a Mario Sports title featuring Soccer, Baseball, Tennis, Golf, and Horse Riding. Each game has a singleplayer mode along with local and online multiplayer. It's probably the first Mario Sports title this generation where I felt the value proposition actually made sense in the modern era, so I'm curious to see how it does.
- Pikmin for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo): This is a 2D sidescrolling Pikmin game where you use Pikmin to help Captain Olimar progress through the levels. They intend to give it a new name later.
- Momotaro Dentetsu 2017: Tachiagare Nippon!! (3DS): The rumors are true, and Nintendo is now publishing the Momotaro Dentetsu series instead of Konami. This is the first new entry in a while, and the last one had a huge popularity surge when it was on some TV show, so this will probably be quite successful.
- Miitopia (Nintendo): We got a logo with a fantasy vibe about it. That's... about it.

PS4:
- Metal Gear Survive (Konami): This is a $30 four player co-op zombie shoooter that takes places between MGS: Ground Zeroes and MGSV, and probably represents the type of games we'll be getting out of the series going forward.
- Miko Gakkou Monogatari: Kaede Episode (xinoro): This is a $10 indie game port.
- Arcade Archives: Darius (Hamster): This is an $8 port of a 1987 arcade game's enhanced edition.
- * Project Awakening (CyGames): Once upon a time, the director of 3D Dot Heroes (Silicon Studio) started a new company with CyberAgent and CyDesignation called CyGames. He proceeded to make billions of dollars with endlessly successful mobile games, and now he's seemingly directing his own "High End Console Game" along with a bunch of staff he poached from Square Enix, Konami, and related studios.
- * Project Re: Link (CyGames/Platinum Games): Platinum Games is working with CyGames on what appears to be a four player action RPG based on the Granblue Fantasy series. It looks pretty ambitious for what it is. Technically the only platform hinted at so far it the PC, but given it looks like a co-op game instead of an MMO (they noted it was imagined for multiplayer but you can play it in singleplayer as well), I'd be really surprised if it wasn't on PS4, so I'm putting it here for now. Feel free to pelt me with stones if it doesn't show up on PS4.
- Birthdays (Arc System Works): This is a new game from Harvest Moon's creator. It's like an old God Game on PC where you shape the environment and related things and the world grows up and evolves based on the various conditions present.
- SkyRide (Mutan): This is some kind of $15 3D shmup.
- Monster Hunter Frontier Z (Capcom): This is the newest update to Monster Hunter Frontier, and the game is getting ported to PS4 to coincide with the update.

3DS/PS4:
- * Megaton Musashi (Level-5): To note, these are platforms "under consideration". The game might not come out for several years, at which point it might drop the 3DS version in favor of the NX. Hino noted he wants the game to appeal to both older Super Robot fans, as well as new children, and that he wants it to be on a portable and "as large as a screen as possible".

PS4/Vita:
- Story of the Good Old Days (Daidai): Simulation RPG, budget title.
- Blue Reflection: Sword of the Girl Who Dances in Illusions (Koei Tecmo/Gust): This appears to be a magical girl RPG starring school girls by the Atelier character designer. The actual graphical quality looks surprisingly good for Gust, though everyone looks like a doll.
- Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon (Koei Tecmo/Gust): It sounds like an iterative sequel to the last game.
- Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World- Death or Kiss (5pb): This is a visual novel based on the light novel.
- Sengoku Shura Soul (Lions Film/Creek and River): This is a real-time battle, Sengoku based f2p smartphone title that's being ported to PS4 and Vita. It received over 1 million downloads on mobile and has had okay but far from astonishing performance there, though I imagine for whatever studio Creek and River has set up for the purposes of getting into gaming, it's probably quite healthy, hence the expansion.
- Touhou Koubuto V (Touhou): There were a bunch of Touhou games that had release dates announced for PS4/Vita recently, but I think this is the only new announcement for the time frame Road to TGS covers. It's $30, is a fighting action game, and will support PSVR. The PS4 version has online multiplayer while the Vita one has ad-hoc multiplayer.

Vita:
- The Princess is Money-Hungry (Nippon Ichi): This feels sort of like a retro-inspired indie game though it costs $60.
- id: Rebirth Session (Entergram): Visual novel.
- Valkyria: Azure Revolution (Sega/Media.Vision): This is also on PS4, but a Vita version of the game was just announced.
- Twin Star Exorcists (Bandai Namco): This is a "battle and adventure" game based on the manga of the same name, centering around an original story.

NX:
- I'll include that Dragon Quest XI (Square Enix) was reconfirmed to be coming to NX, and that all three versions are aiming for simultaneous release. When this game is formally shown, I might change up how this one is written to match the other formatting.

PS4/PS3:
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 with Power Up Kit (Koei Tecmo): This is an expanded re-release.

3DS/Mobile:
- Lady Layton (Level-5): This is pretty similar to a traditional Layton title, but brought into being a mobile era service game. It's probably one of Level-5's most interesting experiments and it will be a good one to follow in terms of performance and Level-5's statements about how it's done.

Mobile:
- Lost Order (CyGames/Platinum Games): Yasumi Matsuno (Final Fantasy Tactics, FFXII) is back and directing a new Real Time Tactics game developed by Platinum for CyGames. Akihito Yoshida is the art director and character designer on the title. The game is fully 3D, and is Platinum's first mobile title. This game is a good example of what I mean by mobile games in Japan targeting older core gamers a lot more than you see in the West, along with the increasing complexity you see in Japanese mobile titles. Taking a look at a screenshot, this is also the type of game you would have expected as a Vita title in a world where mobile hadn't risen to its current heights. Mind, CyGames is also making significant investments in console games at this point.
- Yo-Kai Watch (Level-5): Enhanced port of original game.
- Yo-Kai Daijiten (Level-5): Quiz RPG, looks high effort for what it is.
- Yo-Kai Watch Geraporhythm (Level-5): Rhythm game, similarly looks high effort for what it is.
- Otome Hero: Otome RPG.
- Kamitsuri (Square-Enix): Puzzle RPG.
- Princess Connect Re: Dive (CyGames): It's not really clear what this game is yet, outside of them signing some famous studios and people to handle the anime scenes and plotline. Its genre is "Anime RPG".
- Sevens Story (CyGames): CyGames is rebooting/remaking a 2013 turn based tactical RPG into a new game more fit for the modern mobile market. Based on the screenshots, it looks more like what you'd expect out of an actual tactical RPG, but I'll have to see gameplay to be certain.
- Astro Boy: The Edge of Time (Active Gaming Media): This is a collective card game based on Astro Boy. It has a Kickstarter that looks like it will fail, but as far as I can tell, they're making the game anyway.
- Kingdom: Seven Flags (Bandai Namco): This is a mobile game about simulating battles from the warring states era based on the Kingdom manga.
- Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia (Square Enix/Koei Tecmo/Team Ninja): Team Ninja is making a command/turn based RPG based on Dissidia where you play as popular Final Fantasy characters and fight various monsters with mechanics as inspired by Dissidia. This one has potential to do well, though there's a lot of games of this nature on mobile already. To some extent, I imagine they're trying to cannibalize themselves before someone else does.
- Starly Girls: Episode Starsia (Kadokawa): This is some kind of waifu collection simulator about flying around a spaceship and piloting mechs.
- Akashic Re:cords (Square Enix): We don't know a lot about this yet, but it appears to be one of Square Enix's big mobile reveal for TGS along with the Dissidia game.

Unspecified:
- Inazuma Eleven Ares (Level-5): I'm going to guess 3DS, smartphones, and maybe the NS, but this one isn't hinted heavily enough to include in a category above.

Cancellations:
- Crows: Burning Edge (Bandai Namco) had its Vita version canceled and is now only for PS4.

Oddities:
- Kai-ri-Sei Million Arthur VR Game (Square Enix): Announced for "the HTC Vive and others", this is a VR game based on the world of Kai-ri-Sei Million Arthur. Square Enix noted they were considering releasing on "other platforms" and even a global release for the game. It's coming in Spring 2017. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it's also for PSVR, but they want to wait until Sony's pre-TGS conference to confirm that.

Nirolak's opinion as of this week:
- As far as smaller games go, we seem to be getting a lot of announcements on that front. The big surprise this week was the amount of 3DS titles Nintendo still has coming, so it should even have first party content all the way up to the NX's release. Nintendo wasn't lying when they said they were investing in more 3DS software a year or two back. The PlayStation stuff is more indie and port heavy this week. I think the big question for TGS itself (and related events) at this point is how much mid to large scale stuff is incoming.

Eolz

Is it really confirmed that Tank Troopers is local only? They seemed to tease something for another reveal. That'd be extremely weird if there wasn't a basic online mode.

edit: also not really linked to road to tgs, but the touhou fighting game is getting new hori fight sticks as well.

Vena

Is it really confirmed that Tank Troopers is local only? They seemed to tease something for another reveal. That'd be extremely weird if there wasn't a basic online mode.

They said we'll reveal other modes down the line. Project is pretty early on it seems so...

/shrug

Eolz

While we're on it, seems like it's made by the Steel Diver team isn't it? Vitei + some Nintendo guys. That's promising enough for me.

Vena

While we're on it, seems like it's made by the Steel Diver team isn't it? Vitei + some Nintendo guys. That's promising enough for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these minor projects are just up and coming young talent that need things to practice with. The 3DS's twilight is a perfect time for this type of experimentation for both talent and IPs (and this smells of experimental title). It lets you make cheap projects and also let young devs try and fail at stuff that won't ultimately be that big of a deal and still gives you support for your platform while the new one is focused on by older heads.

Ōkami

For this week they asked the people who make the YSO predictions what are they expecting hoping for TGS this year.

This was my favorite response.
KAORIII said:
Nintendo, show me the fxxk NXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Won't be a good week.

Vena

&#332;kami;215880580 said:
For this week they asked the people who make the YSO predictions what are they expecting hoping for TGS this year.

This was my favorite response.

Won't be a good week.

Even YSO is thirsty.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Week 36, 2016 (Sep 5 - Sep 11)

new releases

{2016.09.07}
[3DS] Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger: Battle Cube Puzzle _3DS Download Software_ |DL| <PZL> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥740)
[3DS] Mysterious Stars 3D: Idol-hen _3DS Download Software_ |DL| <SLG> (Collavier) (¥555)
[WIU] Tsukikomori _Wii U Virtual Console Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥762)
[WIU] Dig Dug II _Wii U Virtual Console Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥475)
[PS4] The Tomorrow Children: Founder Pack _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥2.500)

{2016.09.08}
[PSV] Geten no Hana with Yume Akari: Aizouban <Geten no Hana \ Geten no Hana: Yume Akari> # <ADV> (Koei Tecmo) (¥6.800)
[PSV] Geten no Hana with Yume Akari: Aizouban <Geten no Hana \ Geten no Hana: Yume Akari> (1)(Treasure Box) <ADV> (Koei Tecmo) (¥12.800)
[PSV] Geten no Hana with Yume Akari: Aizouban <Geten no Hana \ Geten no Hana: Yume Akari> (2)(Platinum Box) <ADV> (Koei Tecmo) (¥30.000)
[PSV] Geten no Hana with Yume Akari: Aizouban <Geten no Hana \ Geten no Hana: Yume Akari> (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Koei Tecmo) (¥6.800)
[PSV] Yuukyuu no Tierblade: Lost Chronicle # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.300)
[PSV] Yuukyuu no Tierblade: Lost Chronicle (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥8.300)
[PSV] Yuukyuu no Tierblade: Lost Chronicle (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥5.800)
[PSV] Air <ADV> (Prototype) (¥4.800)
[PSV] Air (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Prototype) (¥3.981)
[PS4] Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) (¥6.480)
[PS4] Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) (¥5.537)
[PS4] F1 2016 <RCE> (Ubisoft) (¥7.980)
[PS4] F1 2016 (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <RCE> (Ubisoft) (¥7.100)
[PS4] Sky Ride _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Mutan) (¥1.300)
[XB1] F1 2016 <RCE> (Ubisoft) (¥7.980)
__

YSO predictions

01. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura < 25k (average 20k)
02. [PS4] Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ < 20k (average 15k)
03. < 10k

YSO predictions

01. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura < 25k (average 20k)
02. [PS4] Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ < 20k (average 15k)
03. < 10k

Tokyo Bombadu Ex+.

More seriously, what's a good number for this? I can't even really tell. It's an enhanced port of a Vita game that released a year ago and sold 88,879 FW.

If it's compared to the Evo versions of Kiseki games, I guess it's okay:

Zero no Kiseki Evo - 21,518
Ao no Kiseki Evo - 19,659
Trails in the Sky Evo - 20,484
Trails SC Evo - 15,202
Trails The Third Evo - 10,485

Compared to other expanded late ports on PS4, it's actually pretty good too:

Witch & Hundred Knight Revival - 8,902
Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force - 14,392

I dunno. I guess the point of the port is to set up the PS4 userbase for Tokyo Xanadu 2 in a few years (like NIS & Compile Heart's ports were) so it doesn't need to sell gangbusters, but it doesn't seem like a particularly promising result either.

I wonder how it'll affect their plans for Cold Steel 3 too. I still think a PS4-only commitment to that is a massive mistake.

Vena

More seriously, what's a good number for this? I can't even really tell. It's an enhanced port of a Vita game that released a year ago and sold 88,879 FW.

I dunno. I guess the point of the port is to set up the PS4 userbase for Tokyo Xanadu 2 in a few years (like NIS & Compile Heart's ports were) so it doesn't need to sell gangbusters, but it doesn't seem like a particularly promising result either.

I wonder how it'll affect their plans for Cold Steel 3 too. I still think a PS4-only commitment to that is a massive mistake.

Well it depends on how you look at it, I'd say.

If you want to look at this as an attempt to transition an audience... then its impossible to gauge since the people who wanted the game probably (and, well, did) buy it on Vita, you could try and spin this idea around and look at it from the view of "how much of a new audience is available". But if you want to look at it from the view of: minor investment of resources for a minor result in sales, its probably pretty decent. That's of course assuming the port was cheap and easy to do, probably was.

The former is just impossible to gauge without a Toukiden 2 to Toukiden: Kiwami reference point... of which I am sure they'd want to avoid becoming another bullet point example.

We'll need to see how it opens. If its closer to (or below the average) as most titles generally are when it comes to YSO, then its... pretty poor regardless. Either it tells you there's no really meaningful new audience, or it tells you most of their audience is on the Vita and didn't feel the need or desire to double dip. Neither is a particularly good result for the long term. But what I said on investment vs return, should remain true. The port should be very cheap and the BEP should be fairly low.

Oregano

Tokyo Bombadu Ex+.

If it's compared to the Evo versions of Kiseki games, I guess it's okay:

Zero no Kiseki Evo - 21,518
Ao no Kiseki Evo - 19,659
Trails in the Sky Evo - 20,484
Trails SC Evo - 15,202
Trails The Third Evo - 10,485

Compared to other expanded late ports on PS4, it's actually pretty good too:

Witch & Hundred Knight Revival - 8,902
Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force - 14,392

Well that depends when Cold Steel 3 is supposed to be coming out. If its coming out 2018 then Vita might not even be viable any more(then again that's been said the last two years for Vita).

Well that depends when Cold Steel 3 is supposed to be coming out. If its coming out 2018 then Vita might not even be viable any more(then again that's been said the last two years for Vita).

I mean, it's been in development since 2015 and has been announced as being a 2017 release. I know games get delayed, I'm pretty confident they'll make that since it's obviously their tentpole 2017 title and they're not gonna just ride on licencing and Ys VIII lateport for a year.

Square2015

With the Comgnet update tonight here is where FF15 stands compared to others 12 weeks out:

FFXV: 238
FFXIII: 335
FFXII: 1,008

FFXIII LR: 77-86
(inbetween the two, missing this week)

Aters

It will come out next year. Not sure if will be a Vita version.

horuhe

Rakuten Books Sales Ranking Week 35, 2016 (Aug 29 - Sep 04)

01./01. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi <RPG> (Level 5)
02./02. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Tempura <RPG> (Level 5)
03./00. [PS4] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition <RPG> (Spike Chunsoft)
04./03. [PS4] Tales of Berseria <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
05./14. [3DS] Dragon Ball: Fusions <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
06./11. [WiiU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios)
07./06. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot <ACT> (Nintendo)
08./09. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo)
09./04. [PS4] The King of Fighters XIV <FTG> (SNK Playmore)
10./20. [3DS] Pokémon Alpha Sapphire <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
11./05. [PS3] Tales of Berseria <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
12./00. [PSV] Bara ni Kakusareshi Verite <ADV> (Idea Factory)
13./16. [WiiU] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo)
14./24. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf [Nintendo Selects] <ETC> (Nintendo)
15./26. [3DS] Pokémon Omega Ruby <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
16./22. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan)
17./17. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
18./10. [PS3] Sengoku Basara: Sanada Yukimura-Den <ACT> (Capcom)
19./08. [PS4] Sengoku Basara: Sanada Yukimura-Den <ACT> (Capcom)
20./15. [PS4] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X HD <ACT> (Sega)

Rakuten Books Pre-Orders Ranking Week 35, 2016 (Aug 29 - Sep 04)

01./01. [PS4] Persona 5 <RPG> (Atlus)
02./03. [PS4] Persona 5 (20th Anniversary Edition) <RPG> (Atlus)
03./04. [PS3] Persona 5 (20th Anniversary Edition) <RPG> (Atlus)
04./05. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV <RPG> (Square Enix)
05./00. [3DS] PriPara Mezameyo! Megami no Dress Design <ACT> (Takara Tomy)
06./06. [PS3] Persona 5 <RPG> (Atlus)
07./09. [3DS] Pokémon Moon <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
08./07. [3DS] Pokémon Sun <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
09./16. [PS3] Winning Eleven 2017 <SPT> (Konami)
10./34. [PSV] World of Final Fantasy <RPG> (Square Enix)

Rakuten Books Sales Ranking Week 34, 2016 (Aug 22 - Aug 28)

* Note: Games on the Rakuten Books Rankings are only based on sales at Rakuten Books and does not count games sold by other retailers at Rakuten.
** Note 2: Games on the Pre-Orders Ranking are counted as net sales, so it might possibly affect the games listed on the Sales Ranking.

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 35 2016

01./01. [PS4] Tales of Berseria <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
02./06. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi <RPG> (Level 5)
03./08. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Tempura <RPG> (Level 5)
04./02. [PS3] Tales of Berseria <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
05./00. [PS4] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition <RPG> (Spike Chunsoft)
06./03. [PS4] Sengoku Basara: Sanada Yukimura-Den <ACT> (Capcom)
07./11. [WIU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios)
08./04. [PS3] Sengoku Basara: Sanada Yukimura-Den <ACT> (Capcom)
09./05. [PS4] The King of Fighters XIV <FTG> (SNK Playmore)
10./07. [PS4] No Man's Sky <ADV> (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
11./12. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot <ACT> (Nintendo)
12./14. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: God Chapter <RPG> (GungHo Online)
13./19. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
14./13. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons X: Dragon Chapter <RPG> (GungHo Online)
15./15. [PSV] Toukiden 2 <&#65362;(Koei Tecmo)
16./09. [PS4] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X HD <ACT> (Sega)
17./10. [3DS] Dragon Ball: Fusions <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games)
18./18. [3DS] Etrian Odyssey V: The End of the Long Myth <RPG> (Atlus)
19./23. [PSV] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana <RPG> (Nihon Falcom)
20./21. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo)

horuhe

13-2 opens at 524k.

FFXV has potential to do that low? Imo, it's too low.

Around 600k is my bet, so I think it's completely possible crack down that low bar. He's using COMG! to do the comparisons, so reaching XIII levels was impossible since forever. Lightning Returns is quite achieveable at this point, but XIII-2 seems on par of what I could expect for the game, especially when we talk about movement, something XV lacks of.

Top Bottom