• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 36, 2016 (Sep 05 - Sep 11)

Oregano

Given that Kou Shibusawa got up on stage at TGS looking about 3000 years old, and has been attaching his name very prominently to lots of Koei Tecmo projects, I'm suspicious some of Koei Tecmo's recent aggression is him wanting to make a big splash before he retires.

There's also Ni no Kuni 2, where Level-5 barely even acknowledges the game when talking about their own business strategy, and basically took a sweet deal from Bandai Namco to make a big shiny PS4 Ghibli game.

Probably not a bad shout, the crossover Musou seems super desperate considering none of their other brands are worth shit.

No no Kuni 2 is apparently the biggest team within Level 5, its weird how little its been talked about.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Probably not a bad shout, the crossover Musou seems super desperate considering none of their other brands are worth shit.

No no Kuni 2 is apparently the biggest team within Level 5, its weird how little its been talked about.

Actually, it's not the first time we get a Koei-Tecmo crossover game: the Orochi Musou games were already Samurai / Dynasty Warriors crossovers, with the latest entry adding characters from non-Musou games too. This seems to be an expansion of the base WO3 had, with much bigger involvement of non-Musou games.

Oregano

Actually, it's not the first time we get a Koei-Tecmo crossover game: the Orochi Musou games were already Samurai / Dynasty Warriors crossovers, with the latest entry adding characters from non-Musou games too. This seems to be an expansion of the base WO3 had, with much bigger involvement of non-Musou games.

Sure, from that perspective it kind of makes sense but those non-Musou characters were a bonus whereas this game is trying to trade on those brands directly.

Ryu is and always shall be awesome though, his intro in WO3 is boss

Eolz

I don't know, as someone not being a fan of Dynasty Warriors, this is a lot more appealing to me than Warriors Orochi that I was buying just for the bonus characters.
This might be good in the west, maybe this can be interesting in Japan too. It's weird, sure, but so are other crossovers.

mao2

Given that Kou Shibusawa got up on stage at TGS looking about 3000 years old, and has been attaching his name very prominently to lots of Koei Tecmo projects, I'm suspicious some of Koei Tecmo's recent aggression is him wanting to make a big splash before he retires.
The name "Kou Shibusawa" has been attached to many of their games since the Koei days, before the merger with Tecmo. It's not something they've just started to do recently.

duckroll

It's funny how TGS looks these days....

XR1Okz8.jpg

horuhe

Lines for Persona 5 in Yodobashi Akiba. Never expected.

EDIT: Lots of Persona 5 ads at Makuhari Station, as well.

Didn't MGSV do over 600K in Japan? That seems fairly respectable given the series's history.

014./000. [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain # <ADV> (Konami) {2015.09.02} (¥8.400) - 432.629 / NEW (293.652 <92,00%>)
034./000. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain # <ADV> (Konami) {2015.09.02} (¥8.400) - 203.414 / NEW (117.547 <69,86%>)

Has it even beat the first week of 2/Shin-uchi yet?

nope not yet
01./00. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Ganso / Honke <RPG> (Level 5) {2014.07.10} (¥4.937) - 1.316.707 / NEW
01./00. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi <RPG> (Level 5) {2014.12.13} (¥4.968) - 1.244.171 / NEW <84,77%>
01./01. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura <RPG> (Level 5) {2016.07.16} (¥4.800) - 22.992 / 1.204.651 (-20%)

horuhe

The amount of changes the franchise have with these new entries, will do wonders for the game. However, I'm pretty much sure that the clue for selling more than X and Y, will be legs. X and Y legs were (relatively speaking, of course) horrendous. Ruby and Sapphire remakes, though, are having such a good legs. If Sun and Moon could manage to last two years (or a least, one), I can't see the games not doing more than X and Y.

Top Bottom