• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 39, 2014 (Sep 22 - Sep 28)

NotLiquid

I add: good hold for Smash, Wii U doubled its own 2013 weekly sales but still behind YtD. I wonder if they will be able to repeat the good 2013 holiday season results. It will all depend on Smash, but with the huge success of the 3DS version, I'm doubtful...

If Nintendo's holiday bumps will be anywhere comparable to last year's then Wii U is already guaranteed to have a better YTD. Don't know if it will be comparable to it's first year but I'm guessing somewhere in the 500,000 - 600,000 range.

SmokyDave

Vita looking a bit better, nice software too.

PSP still selling ten years on.

Savage drop for Bayonetta.

Huh. That'll be week 39 then.

We're in a situation where the PSP has just as many titles in the top 20 as the PS4.

I'm just gonna make a picnic lunch, sit under a tree, and contemplate the universe and shit.
Contemplate how fucking great the PSP is, more like.

I add: good hold for Smash, Wii U doubled its own 2013 weekly sales but still behind YtD. I wonder if they will be able to repeat the good 2013 holiday season results. It will all depend on Smash, but with the huge success of the 3DS version, I'm doubtful...

2013's weekly sales just kept falling until week 44 and those bundles, where it pulled 38-40k depending on your choice of tracker, so yeah

icecream

Public Health Threat
17./00. [PS3] Kamisama to Unmei Kakusei no Cross Thesis # <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2014.09.25} (¥7.344) - 5.561 / NEW
A sharp drop compared to the first one... perhaps the N1 crowd has finally moved on from the PS3?

Comparison said:
07./00. [PS3] Kamisama to Unmei Kakumei no Paradox # <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2013.01.24} (¥7.140) - 23.417 / NEW

KooopaKid

Banned
45.797 for Bayo 2.
Another 50k before the end of the year. 50k in France, 50k in Germany, 100k in the US, 25k in the UK, it's going to be hard to reach 500k, there's 175k missing somewhere. Still possible though!

DNAbro

We're in a situation where the PSP has just as many titles in the top 20 as the PS4.

I'm just gonna make a picnic lunch, sit under a tree, and contemplate the universe and shit.

Maybe Dragon Quest Heroes and FF Type-0 can save it early next year.

EhoaVash

It did bad too? The fuck did people buy all these Wii Us for?

yeah Donkey kong wii u debuted with like 35K lol =/ and dropped like bird poop the week after

beside mk8, ( which moved wii u's only like 8K lol ) the last game to actually move a lot of Wii U's lol is ...fucking Wii Party U

..japanese casual nintendo gamers

One4U

Banned
07./00. [WIU] Fatal Frame: Oracle of the Sodden Raven <ADV> (Nintendo) {2014.09.27} (¥7.128) - 27.505 / NEW

I want to cry. Why? Why? Japanese, do you hate good games?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
yeah Donkey kong wii u debuted with like 35K lol =/ and dropped like bird poop the week after

beside mk8, the last game to actually move Wii U's lol is ...fucking Wii Party U

Hyrule Warriors moved the console as MK8 did, I think. Something like 18k maybe.

Hyrule Warriors moved the console as MK8 did, I think. Something like 18k maybe.
actually that was called the holidays

beside mk8, ( which moved wii u's only like 8K lol ) the last game to actually move a lot of Wii U's lol is ...fucking Wii Party U

..japanese casual nintendo gamers

would've sworn DK had a drop of 60% second week instead of like 80%

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
45.797 for Bayo 2.
Another 50k before the end of the year. 50k in France, 50k in Germany, 100k in the US, 25k in the UK, it's going to be hard to reach 500k, there's 175k missing somewhere. Still possible though!
Where do you get the other 50k before year's end from? Looking at that drop, Bayonetta seems to have rather stumpy legs.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
07./00. [WIU] Fatal Frame: Oracle of the Sodden Raven <ADV> (Nintendo) {2014.09.27} (¥7.128) - 27.505 / NEW

I want to cry. Why? Why? Japanese, do you hate good games?

C'mon, don't overreact. It is in line with the previous episode, and for the other trackers (Famitsu) it sold even better than the 4th one on the Wii.
we should direct all our soreness toward NoA/E localization ;p

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Guys, Fatal Frame's debut is alright for the brand, you don't have to be sad about it.

It's Bayonetta 2 the game you have to be sad for ;____;

45.797 for Bayo 2.

You wanna be realistic, the game will be very lucky if it can ever reach 300k. the Wiiu audience will not buy this game in Europe or US.

Ok. I see where my brain went wacky. I knew Sen performed over Ao, which was Falcom's biggest opening for the series to date. For some reason I added another 50k to the numbers. Hahaha.

Either way though, Sen II performed slightly better than Sen did, so any growth is good growth! Plus digital sales! Yay!

Thought it was a Danganbomba but it sold similarly to the other games:

[PSP] Dangan-Ronpa (Spike) {25/11/10} - 25.564 / NEW
[PSP] Super Dangan-Ronpa 2: Sayonara Zetsubou Gakuen # <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2012.07.26} (¥6.279) - 69.000 / NEW
[PSV] Dangan-Ronpa 1-2: Reload <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2013.10.10} (¥5.229) - 76.172 / NEW

Already been asked, but did not see answer (sorry&#12640;&#12640;) How is the new Danganronpa game quality wise? I REALLY liked 1 and am finishing 2 now, but unsure how the new one is with the genre shift.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
actually that was called the holidays

Well, could be but the game sold around 75k average (MC and Famitsu), so I think it helped in moving consoles too (if a niche game as FF with 30k average could move 3k of hardware pieces). Let's say that those "holidays" + HW were able to move some hardware, similar to MK8 alone (without "holidays")

Guymelef

08. / 00. [PSP] Dangan-Ronpa (Spike) {25/11/10} - 25.564 / NEW
05./00. [PSP] Super Dangan-Ronpa 2: Sayonara Zetsubou Gakuen # <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2012.07.26} (¥6.279) - 69.000 / NEW
05./00. [PSV] Dangan-Ronpa 1-2: Reload <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2013.10.10} (¥5.229) - 76.172 / NEW
05./00. [PSV] DanganRonpa: Another Episode <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2014.09.25} (¥7.020) - 63.898 / NEW <80-100%>

Fisico

45.797 for Bayo 2.

Why do you keep pulling numbers out of your arse ?
It seems so random, it doesn't make any sense.

Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo has been impossible to find in stores around here and in various other spots, so I bet it probably could have sold even better if there were more copies to go around.

Shizuka

Let's also remember that Another Episode is kind of a spin-off, not Danganronpa 3. It's great that it's doing just as good as the mainline entries.

maxcriden

ChompRock-300x280.jpg

#yearofyoshi

#poopindemsalesout

Bayonetta 2 and Fatal Frame's sales are disappointing, although Fatal Frame 2 might at least have legs. Bayonetta 2 is going to take a while just to reach 360's first week sales. It's a huge flop.

Top Bottom