• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 8, 2017 (Feb 20 - Feb 26)

I think zelda switch will actually outsell horizon.

People are looking at preorder numbers, but i think alot of switch buyers didnt preorder zelda, and just picked it up when they got the system.

I think on wednesday people will be suprised when zelda switch hits #1.

I don't think people will be surprised by it hitting #1. The retailer charts paint a picture that it might not, but most people have been expecting it to be #1 on launch week for months. I doubt there will be much surprise if it hits that.

Only thing that would really shock me from Zelda success if it was over 90% attach rate.

Mario007

I think zelda switch will actually outsell horizon.

People are looking at preorder numbers, but i think alot of switch buyers didnt preorder zelda, and just picked it up when they got the system.

I think on wednesday people will be suprised when zelda switch hits #1.
If Zelda sells more than Horizon then order is restored. If Horizon sells more then it's a surprise. Just like in the UK if Zelda sold more than Horizon that would be a surprise.

Also why would anyone preorder switch but not preorder Zelda?

SarusGray

If Zelda sells more than Horizon then order is restored. If Horizon sells more then it's a surprise. Just like in the UK if Zelda sold more than Horizon that would be a surprise.

for 1 2 switch duh.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member

Software is easier to obtain than Hardware and digital exists.

horuhe

This is from Theta Shop in Kawasaki. They shared some info about their weekly ranking. This store is usually Sony biased, so it's kind of weird having Zelda in first position.

♪「Best Hit θ溝の口」♪ (2/27~3/5)

先週の売上ランキング

1位:SW「ゼルダの伝説 ブレス オブ ザ ワイルド」
2位:PS4「Horizon Zero Dawn」
3位:SW「1-2-SWITCH」
4位:PS4「ニーア オートマタ」
5位:WiiU「ゼルダの伝説 ブレス オブ ザ ワイルド」
6位:SW「スーパーボンバーマンR」
7位:PSV「スーパーロボット大戦V」
8位:PS4「スーパーロボット大戦V」
9位:PS4「仁王」
10位:PS4「レインボーシックス シージ」
11位:SW「ドラゴンクエストヒーローズ I・II」
12位:PS4「ウイニングポスト8 2017」
13位:PS4「フォーオナー
14位:3DS「スーパーマリオメーカー3DS」
15位:3DS「とびだせ どうぶつの森 amiibo+」
16位:3DS「ポケットモンスター サン」
17位:3DS「ドラえもん のび太の南極カチコチ大冒険」
18位:3DS「ドラクエモンスターズジョーカー3プロフェッショナル」
19位:PSV「ソードアート・オンライン – ホロウ・リアリゼーション -」
20位:3DS「星のカービィ ロボボプラネット」

いよいよ次世代機の目玉「ニンテンドーSWITCH」が発売!
WiiUの時よりも幅広い層の方々が購入されています。
本体ご購入の8割の方が「ゼルダ」と一緒に買っていかれます。
5割の方が「1-2-Switch」または「ボンバーマン」を買っていかれています。
全く足りていない状況で完売状態ですが、
今後は週に1度は入荷する予定になっていますので店頭をチェックしてください。

Nintendo Switch has been released!
It's been purchased by a wider range of people than Wii U launch.
About 80% of each hardware was sold alongside Zelda.
About 50% of each hardware was sold alongside 1-2-Switch or Bomberman.
They are with not enough units of Switch, at the moment.
It's planned to arrive some units once per week.

SarusGray

This is from Theta Shop in Kawasaki. They shared some info about their weekly ranking. This store is usually Sony biased, so it's kind of weird having Zelda in first position.

Nintendo Switch has been released!
It's been purchased by a wider range of people than Wii U launch.
About 80% of each hardware was sold alongside Zelda.
About 50% of each hardware was sold alongside 1-2-Switch or Bomberman.
They are with not enough units of Switch, at the moment.
It's planned to arrive some units once per week.
well then I actually didn't expect 1-2 switch to be that high.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
So, at the end Switch sales are the expected.
We doubted because Zelda was lower in the charts. It may be, maybe, software sales are less concentrated on Zelda than we expected then?

Or maybe just big retailers (Yodobashi, Bic Camera, Yamada Denki...), got big shipments, while small or online retailers (Comg, Rakuten...) got less units. Since we got rankings for these retailers, the impression wasn't the same as the real situation.

First Print Limited Edition for Horizon could be the reason its numbers are inflated at big stores and gave the impression of low Zelda sales..

Zelda Switch sales were limited from Switch shipment.

~250k would be the biggest console Zelda launch Wind Waker (287k). If we're counting handhelds though, Spirit Tracks opened with 321k.

random25

So just about 3/5 of every Switch owner bought BotW. Pretty good opening though I expect something bigger.

Also, 330,637 units for the Switch seems a little higher than the one leaked earlier?

Does not compute. Not that 193k is bad, but that's a very surprising number compared with the hardware sold. I know people wanted Disgaea 5 Complete really bad but still.

Wii/TP comparison (MC):

Nintendo Wii - 350,358
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 139,011 / NEW

Hmm I probably should have looked closer with how Zelda lines up with Hardware at launch in Japan. Given the few amount of titles available at launch I thought we'd see a higher attach rate like in the West where we are probably seeing 80% and more.

It's certainly a decent start I wouldn't call it bad. Just figured it would certainly pass 200k (though it's pretty close anyways)

duckroll

Hmm I probably should have looked closer with how Zelda lines up with Hardware at launch in Japan. Given the few amount of titles available at launch I thought we'd see a higher attach rate like in the West where we are probably seeing 80% and more.

It's certainly a decent start I wouldn't call it bad. Just figured it would certainly pass 200k (though it's pretty close anyways)

People can buy games digitally now.

Sterok

Twilight Princess launched later on the Gamecube, so that makes Breath of the Wild look a little better given it beat TP on Switch only while multiplatform. Still, it looks like I Am Setsuna is doing its job in attracting a diverse audience beyond people who just want Zelda.

People can buy games digitally now.

No doubt about it I pretty much always factor in digital when I do estimations for most of my predictions. That said Switch doesn't have a huge amount of internal memory and Nintendo has a lower digital share than the industry average for full priced retail software.

It's a solid start not saying bad. Just a bit under what I thought it would do

How is that a bad number for Zelda ? Not only it beat TP Wii launch, but it's also on par with Skyward Sword (194.894) which had a strong Wii install base ^^

How is that a bad number for Zelda ? Not only it beat TP Wii launch, but it's also on par with Skyward Sword (194.894) with a strong Wii install base ^^

It's not bad? Just a bit under what some thought. That said I was looking at it more like Western Zelda adoption and not Japan adoption which is my mistake. I put some unrealistic expectations on it

duckroll

It'll be interesting to see the numbers for 1-2 Switch and Bomberman. Let's not forget that at the Wii launch Wii Play and Wii Sports both outsold TP. So it was a really healthy launch. BotW sold more in comparison, but since it's the biggest launch title and the others are expected to be significantly less, overall software just doesn't seem to be there in the same way.

However Nintendo fanbase and digital market is not kind with each other though.O_O

We could assume with digital it is certainly over 200k though.

This is also only 2 days of tracking, shouldn't it had at least one or two more days for this week? I think once we see the sell through percentage we can get an idea of how many might have had to buy digital.

mao2

We could assume with digital it is certainly over 200k though.

This is also only 2 days of tracking, shouldn't it had at least one or two more days for this week? I think once we see the sell through percentage we can get an idea of how many might have had to buy digital.
BotW was released on Friday, so 3 days of tracking.

Oregano

Good hardware sales but that attach ratio for Zelda is lower than expected.

Everyone buying Switch in anticipation of Splatoon 2 confirmed.

Top Bottom