• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

Made chicken hat version of Kojima's avatar for his birthday.

He actually retweeted it... I didn't expect it this time, lol.

CNLMCZMWsAA9qLk.png

https://twitter.com/GuerrillaDawg/status/635795105740398592

I have a request, maybe someone can help me.

So I 2-3 weeks I tried to use the code, which was in the retail copy of Ground Zeroes (PS4).
I tried to use it, but it obviously didn't work, but at the time I just thought that I already redeemed the code so that's the reason it didn't worked.

But this isn't the case as we all know. Is there someone who can give me the code for PS4? I am asking because I think some of you guys don't need the code anymore as you're planning to play on PC.

So if anyone have spare code, I would love to take it. Thanks.

Edit: Shit, I forgot to add that I threw it away, brain fucking work, please.

reposting for new page :/

Hi! Account finally activated! I've been lurking this thread forever, so I'm excited to be able to actually participate in the hype now.

Or is everyone else locked down in a bunker already?

Skele7on

Banned
Regarding status of reviews.

I have had a chat with someone and they're stating that a lot of the reviewers had been set with very limited time to play the game and also under the guidance of Konami PR, also that these Review days are widely the only way most of these opinions and them actually playing the games have come about, I will be very interested to see later reviews as currently I feel we maybe seeing some shady possibly bias reviews which sure does suck but this is something I want you guys to know.

Either that or what we're seeing is people jumping the gun with their review and actually only using the limited time we have to form opinions.
Also depending on reviewer skill that may provide some context into the very mixed story opinions that we are currently seeing.

Saladinoo

Just read through two entire MGS story summaries. Soon I'll re-play GZ, then I'll be ready.

Jeeze I wish we would get to see MG1 & 2 remade, but I guess that'll never happen now :'(

Hi! Account finally activated! I've been lurking this thread forever, so I'm excited to be able to actually participate in the hype now.

Or is everyone else locked down in a bunker already?

New Brother! Welcome to Outer-Gaf.

Just read through two entire MGS story summaries. Soon I'll re-play GZ, then I'll be ready.

Jeeze I wish we would get to see MG1 & 2 remade, but I guess that'll never happen now :'(

TPP should end with MG1. A snake can dream at least.

I have a request, maybe someone can help me.

So I 2-3 weeks I tried to use the code, which was in the retail copy of Ground Zeroes (PS4).
I tried to use it, but it obviously didn't work, but at the time I just thought that I already redeemed the code so that's the reason it didn't worked.

But this isn't the case as we all know. Is there someone who can give me the code for PS4? I am asking because I think some of you guys don't need the code anymore as you're planning to play on PC.

So if anyone have spare code, I would love to take it. Thanks.

Edit: Shit, I forgot to add that I threw it away, brain fucking work, please.

I'd like a PS4 code too if anyone happens to have a spare one.

5olid_5nake

I have posted before in this thread once or twice, and have been lurking here for a long time, but just wanted to step out of shadows to say that you're an awesome community and that it is a delight reading posts from die hard fans such as myself, who have been with the series since first MGS 17 years ago (some of you even longer).

Keep at it!

kingslunk

Finally forcing myself to finish peace walker.
Hopefully will have it done on Saturday so I can put some time in Ground Zeroes before next Tuesday.

My body should be ready.

Skele7on

Banned
Pretty much narrowly missed things, people asking dumb questions about things.

Even dumber people without using spoiler tags replying to dumb people.

Why?

raven777

[UPDATE] Konami has clarified that the F.O.B. mode will be "fully accessible at launch and the microtransaction layer to that specific feature in the game primarily acts as an accelerator." Konami has promised to reveal more details at launch.

Godan

So i have double dipped for MGS:TTP and GZ was going for it on PS4 but now bought it all on pc too.

Don't really want to 100% GZ again so does anyone know where I could get a save that is 100% but with all the prisoners saved in it. Only ones i seem to get just now have them saved only in the GZ main mission.

So guys with OT4 AND of course TPP around the corner I'd like to ask you guys to participate in my poll if you haven't done it already.

Quote this post to receive the link.

Regards, Prince

realcZk

In the Japanese version of Ground Zeroes, is the medic also voiced by Akio Ōtsuka like he's voiced by Kiefer in the English version? I always wondered if this was intentional or if it was just to save $ lol. I really think it's intentional, because Kiefer doesn't make much of an effort to disguise his voice.

raven777

In the Japanese version of Ground Zeroes, is the medic also voiced by Akio Ōtsuka like he's voiced by Kiefer in the English version? I always wondered if this was intentional or if it was just to save $ lol. I really think it's intentional, because Kiefer doesn't make much of an effort to disguise his voice.

Yes if I remember correctly.

realcZk

Guys, I think I am going to buy Until Dawn, looks really promising and it should keep me warm until the big game releases.

RE: Until Dawn - Have the reviews came out yet? I'm excited for it, really hope its good. I heard that the embargo was supposed to lift today.

EDIT: Welp I'm blind... just saw the review thread. Scores are all over the place. Will pass at launch and see what y'all think.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I can't edit the sheet. No computer access. :(

So that I don't go quietly into the night, my favourite is MGS2/3 because one is fucking from the top down pure art and the other is a love letter to all the movies I loved as a kid. How do you choose between the mind and the heart?

pahamrick

I want to read but i am afraid of spoilers....

From what I've skimmed I didn't see any spoilers. This one is my favorite though:

I knew song was fishy about these reviews... Was wondering how they went from that horrible thing that is GZ to apparently GOTY material, but as it seems they actually didn't.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course but when I see this I just can't help but think a person was looking for an excuse to justify their preconceived notions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom