• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skele7on

Banned
Ah there's my problem... At least I can buy one now lol how fucking dumb can I get seriously.
I swear I remember me seeing it sold out and kicked myself because I always miss stuff like this.

heh, well today is your lucky day, jump on one soon mind... As you know you don't actually want to be kicking yourself,
I personally have grabbed the collectors edition and will be posting various middle finger shots in threads VERY SOON!
I pray because in the UK it being bank holiday on Monday it is dispatched early and royal mail/courier somehow mess up and I get it early.

I know chances are slim, but I believe with game there is always a way....

I miss shopto for shady things like this, why did they change :(

Cathcart

Went to look at the review thread to see if anything new came in. Accidentally clicked on the spoiler thread. Fortunately realized before I read anything but man, my life flashed before my eyes there for a second lol.

Skele7on

Banned
Went to look at the review thread to see if anything new came in. Accidentally clicked on the spoiler thread. Fortunately realized before I read anything but man, my life flashed before my eyes there for a second lol.

LOL same thing earlier, I was like WAIT A SECOND.

I NEED THAT SCRIPT MAYNE.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

You shouldn't worry. The only spoilers in the spoilers thread were posted days ago. It's almost become an unofficial OT at this point.

Venom Fox

Banned
Or better yet, a mix of both right into my veins.
Seems like we'll reach to OT4 in a day now.
What I know of the game, both of these songs set the mood of the game perfectly. It's crazy how perfectly he chose those songs.
heh, well today is your lucky day, jump on one soon mind... As you know you don't actually want to be kicking yourself,
I personally have grabbed the collectors edition and will be posting various middle finger shots in threads VERY SOON!
I pray because in the UK it being bank holiday on Monday it is dispatched early and royal mail/courier somehow mess up and I get it early.

I know chances are slim, but I believe with game there is always a way....

I miss shopto for shady things like this, why did they change :(
Will do, I can't believe I thought it was sold out. I'm a complete idiot.

You shouldn't worry. The spoiler thread is a joke. There is like two spoilers and 40 pages of people complaining about game journalism and sexism.
What? There's half a full page worth of spoilers, you obviously haven't seen the list. I'm kinda glad you didn't becuase now you haven't been spoiled as much.

Edit: Cathcart, lol I seen that. What's funny is just after you came in and left the list was posted for a new page. Lucky you got out when you did.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Can someone tell me why Shinkawa is such a legend? i mean GODDAMN.

CNMfvqBWIAAIFWz.jpg:large

Can we talk about Greg Miller's let's play specifically dem DD feels? <--- This is a part of at least two trailers and already known playthroughs. I want to hug a puppy right now and raise him to the sky like Simba.

Is there a thread for his LP? I don't know if people want to discuss it here just yet. If the spoiler thread wasn't garbage, that'd be the best place, but alas...

Skele7on

Banned
OH forgot to say, so whilst playing GZ yesterday this happened the first of many.

So you know that chopper scene "the other bomb" welp the gf stumbles in to watch she heard Keith Sutherland and was like what's this, yeah she then witnessed that scene.

I already feel shame, Pervy Kojima is best Kojima though...

I'm going to enjoy the amount of awkward moments with quiet in the next few weeks.....

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
What? There's half a full page worth of spoilers, you obviously haven't seen the list. I'm kinda glad you didn't becuase now you haven't been spoiled as much.

Yeah, I guess I did miss that. Weird too, as I've been all over that thread over the weekend.

Venom Fox

Banned
Is there another LP tonight?

Yeah, I guess I did miss that. Weird too, as I've been all over that thread over the weekend.
Yep you must have, like I said, be glad you didn't see it because it means you can still go in blind.
Oh and even with the half a page of spoilers, its next to nothing of what's in the game, at the start of the guide there's a disclaimer sort of thing where the guide makers stated that A LOT of the story has been kept under wraps because Kojima told them to.

What I know of the game, both of these songs set the mood of the game perfectly. It's crazy how perfectly he chose those songs.

It's almost like he has another sense separately just for music. Can't wait to hear what he chose for the trailer.

Is there a thread for his LP? I don't know if people want to discuss it here just yet. If the spoiler thread wasn't garbage, that'd be the best place, but alas...

There is a 'Greg Miller's doing an LP something something' thread. Anyone who wants to can discuss the LP's there.

Edit: This one.

Venom Fox

Banned
It's almost like he has another sense separately just for music. Can't wait to hear what he chose for the trailer.
There is a 'Greg Miller's doing an LP something something' thread. Anyone who wants to can discuss the LP's there.
Yep, definitely, he must have a sixth sense or something. He's definitely one of those people who listen and absorb the lyrics of the songs he chooses.
well yea. i am sure you are preordering this as we speak.
I still can't believe nobody at QA or even the art team noticed the dick, considering QA would have seen it everyday and the art team would have designed and made it lol.

Skele7on

Banned
well yea. i am sure you are preordering this as we speak.

With any luck. This figuring will have the same tech like Quiets squishy
b3wbs

HAHAHAH :D IF ONLY! Looking at UK options to buy one.

I DID BUY QUIET, MY GF CAN NEVER KNOW.

Yep, definitely, he must have a sixth sense or something. He's definitely one of those people who listen and absorb the lyrics of the songs he chooses.

I still can't believe nobody at QA or even the art team noticed the dick, considering QA would have seen it everyday and the art team would have designed and made it lol.

Some guy did tweet Imaizumi about it, he replied it's not intended and then tweeted he suddenly had to leave lol.

brau

Its a feature. What are you talking about?

HAHAHAH :D IF ONLY! Looking at UK options to buy one.

I DID BUY QUIET, MY GF CAN NEVER KNOW.

I am sure by now you are ashamed of your words and deeds.

I beg to differ.

The dick is more present in the game than on that figurine.

In that one he is crouching... i bet if you pose the figure in the same way you'll see it. I'll return it if this is not 1:1.

Palpable

Its a feature. What are you talking about?

I am sure by now you are ashamed of your words and deeds.

In that one he is crouching... i bet if you pose the figure in the same way you'll see it. I'll return it if this is not 1:1.

Did you receive any of my pm's?

I have the collectors edition preordered from Amazon, so it will probably arrive around 2pm on release day. My hype levels are critical and I want to play it the second that I'm allowed to. So, how crazy is this: Call off work, go to midnight release with friends, buy regular edition copy, play all night, when Limited edition arrives in mail return regular edition copy to Gamestop for like $45 or whatever they give. Basically $15 to play it early.

realcZk

I have the collectors edition preordered from Amazon, so it will probably arrive around 2pm on release day. My hype levels are critical and I want to play it the second that I'm allowed to. So, how crazy is this: Call off work, go to midnight release with friends, buy regular edition copy, play all night, when Limited edition arrives in mail return regular edition copy to Gamestop for like $45 or whatever they give. Basically $15 to play it early.

Couldn't you do the same but at Walmart instead and return it for full price? Or do they not do that after the plastic wraps been taken off?

Skele7on

Banned

Same boat sort of, I stumped up a ridiculous amount of money for the digital edition and as doing home profile trick a friend who is poor at the moment now gets the game for free.

I guess I get to play it early, but my collectors edition will turn up some point on the Tuesday and I will just look at it a bit and take a few pics and then continue with the game.

I'm a good friend I suppose.

tensuke

I have the CE coming to my house tuesday, but that's about an hour and a half from where I'm at for school. I considered changing the address, but I didn't want to fuck up the order (that's happened with LEs in the past) and I also considered going home, picking it up, and coming back, but that's kind of the day wasted since I get out of classes so late. So I'm just gonna fortify myself until Thursday when I'll go home for the weekend (no friday classes and monday is labor day, so that's like 4.5 days straight of mgsv). Sadly my guide book is coming HERE on tuesday. So I'll have to resist temptation to look at it for a couple days. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Skele7on

Banned
I have the CE coming to my house tuesday, but that's about an hour and a half from where I'm at for school. I considered changing the address, but I didn't want to fuck up the order (that's happened with LEs in the past) and I also considered going home, picking it up, and coming back, but that's kind of the day wasted since I get out of classes so late. So I'm just gonna fortify myself until Thursday when I'll go home for the weekend (no friday classes and monday is labor day, so that's like 4.5 days straight of mgsv). Sadly my guide book is coming HERE on tuesday. So I'll have to resist temptation to look at it for a couple days. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I never understand using a guide on first play through, I often keep mine sealed until I have at least gone through the whole game blind. Different choices I guess, I just think it's weird always knowing what's coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom