• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_nc9i7nDcfm1txrzruo1_500.gif

Its been a while but needed to drop by for the new OT

Also RIP to our fallen brothers. *salute*

KorrZ

Dying for a new MGSV trailer. I really don't *want* to spoil anymore of the game for myself, but I've been watching the "Sins of the Father" extended trailer a lot recently and I'm so hyped.

deim0s

Dying for a new MGSV trailer. I really don't *want* to spoil anymore of the game for myself, but I've been watching the "Sins of the Father" extended trailer a lot recently and I'm so hyped.

Honestly, just I want one more trailer to get hyped right before launch day. I don't want another trailer to explain/show/spoil anything else within the game.

But for MGO, it's fair game... show more
hats
!

R-User!

This is R-User!, MGCT3 do you read me?

Loud and clear, R-User!.

Looks like the link at the back of the MGCT2 is the only way into the new thread.

Just as I expected. You'll have to click the link to the new thread. But make sure that no MOD sees you. If you need to, contact me by codec, the frequency is 140.85. When you want to use the codec, push the Select button. When we need to contact you the codec will beep. When you hear that noise push the Select button. The codec directly stimulates the small bones of your ear, no one but you will be able to hear it.

Got it, okay, I'm ready to go.

*Zheeuummm*

MajorTom

A quick question for everyone. Which version of Ocelot is your favourite? Which one is your least favourite?
My favourite version is probably either MGS1 or MGS2 Ocelot.
My least favourite is definitely MGS3 Ocelot.

JayEH

A quick question for everyone. Which version of Ocelot is your favourite? Which one is your least favourite?

I like MGS3 and 4 the most.

Embearded

I like MGS version most. He was a very interesting character and i remember being eager for our next encounter.
But truth be told, MGSV version is the best.

Mexen

Aw yous guys!

Oh and Vally, great work on |OT3|. Well done! Superb! Excellent! Outstanding! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Mexen

I like MGS3 and 4 the most.

If not for the plot twist at the end, I would have kept on hating MGS 3 Ocelot.

4 Oce is definitely my favourite. I dunno how I feel about 2.

"Behold, guns of the patriots!"

Best scene in any video game ever!

Edit: V Oce looks amazing. Hope he delivers!

MGS2 Ocelot favourite and MGS4 Ocelot least favourite.

Rajang

God bless the Whopper.

:)

MGS2 Ocelot is my favorite. Incredible VA performance as well. His standout moments are his speeches at the end of the Tanker and the end of Big Shell. His delivery is just so good.

Least favorite is Liquid Ocelot.

And Young Ocelot is the most entertaining one (in a humerous way).

MGS2 Ocelot is my favorite. Incredible VA performance as well. His standout moments are his speeches at the end of the Tanker and the end of Big Shell. His delivery is just so good.

Least favorite is Liquid Ocelot.

And Young Ocelot is the most entertaining one (in a humerous way).

My man! I feel the same way about Ocelot. And yeah, his speeches in MGS2 are my one of the favourite moments in whole series.

If not for the plot twist at the end, I would have kept on hating MGS 3 Ocelot.

4 Oce is definitely my favourite. I dunno how I feel about 2.

"Behold, guns of the patriots!"

Best scene in any video game ever!

Edit: V Oce looks amazing. Hope he delivers!

Yes, I have to agree with this. I know a lot of people don't like MGS4 and they definitely don't like Act 3 but that cutscene on the river is everything I love about Metal Gear. Over the top drama and cheesy dialogue. It's amazing.

Yesterday was the first day I saw gameplay trailer for MGSV with Quiet in Africa. That looked amazing. Wow. How long are people expecting this game to be? Also how active and fun was MGO when it first dropped?

I need to go somewhere and pre-order this game, this looks amazing. And I'm glad nothing else is expected to drop around September 1st.

Edit: Also anyone else expecting edit-Ground Zero-edit to be a free PS plus game this summer?

Embearded

how will everyone react when you first have the game in your hands knowing this is truly the last metal gear

I am glad that we can have a proper ending. Its rare in the video game industry for a series to last almost 30 years with the original creator. I think that we are lucky for having that.
I think i feel like The Boss felt at the end. Happy that they made it that far but sad for having to let it go...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
mmmmmhhh dat OT, I already said it but i'll say it again. GREAT JOB VALLY!

CEAM7vzUsAEYDDh.jpg:large

That 20$ "demo" is worth more than some 60$ games. Besides it is often on sale.

I've spent more time with Ground Zeroes than with any 60€ PS4 game so far.

edit: aside from GTA Online

I'm not arguing lack content but lack of final mechanics for MGSV. Just like how my Destiny purchase last year has been worth much more because I played the game probably every other day since release. But being a savvy consumer I would rather wait if the game is expected to be free for PS plus members. I can only see it as a win-win situation. Get more people hyped for Phantom Pain so more potential sales and consumers get a free game for their PS plus membership.

MajorTom

Yup my bad, Ground Zero! I don't want to pay $20 for what I'm hearing is just a demo but I'm pumped for MGSV now, I hope they show something great at E3
I paid £30 at launch and played it more than most other games.
I bought it digital for like £5 a couple months ago.

art-mgsv-big-boss-afghanistan-s-01.jpg

this artwork is sweet....

this game has to progress past 1984...i want to see BB in his mid 50s right before the events of 1995..looking sweet like that

always wondered about Kojima....

of course he cares about canon and lore of MGS..but not to an obsessive point..he is willing to retcon and change things it if he has too or if it will make the game better.

I wonder if their are MGS lore guys at Konami that sort of check Kojima on storyline issues. "you can't do that Hideo because LET etc. etc." stuff like that

Error1355

After watching a few dumb videos of Ground Zeroes' PC cutscenes modded to have other characters in place of others, I can't wait to see what type of dumb modding The Phantom Pain gets. <_<

brau

Being serious, that's what I expect too.

I really don't know what to expect. Thats why this time around i am happy Kojima has not shown much of the game at all. Same areas, same kind of mission. Some new toys to play. But nothing story wise. Makes it for a bigger and more exciting surprise.

I am pretty excited for the game. It just needs to come out already.

Kazuhira

His horn looks so small in that pic,i really don´t understand why it keeps changing its size everytime.
In the nuclear trailer it looks like he could stab someone to death with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom