• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess your right Major Tom

he might regret adding LET and making Snake a clone

but it's too established in the canon..that he can't change/retcon it

is this right?

MajorTom

i guess your right Major Tom

he might regret adding LET and making Snake a clone

but it's too established in the canon that he simply can't retcon it and has to have it, which is why it's mentioned in GZ.

is this right?

At this point it's such an important factor of the canon that it would be a really bad idea to retcon it.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I read somewhere that all the recent happenings with Konami hinted at the possibility of them focusing on all their other businesses.

Kindekuma

Banned
Damn it Kuma!

I do believe limited support after the first 2 quarters though.

You can't fool me that easily!
But I don't think there will be limited support 2 months after release, I think there will be monthly updates, and if there is dedicated servers in the future users can keep it alive.

Lernaean

Banned
You can't fool me that easily!
But I don't think there will be limited support 2 months after release, I think there will be monthly updates, and if there is dedicated servers in the future users can keep it alive.

I said 2 quarters though, that's 6 months. I don't see them doing anything other than keeping the servers online past that.

I read somewhere that all the recent happenings with Konami hinted at the possibility of them focusing on all their other businesses.

de listing your self from the new york exchange is a big hint

"How does a company like that end up ditching its NYSE listing, its most famous developer and the eagerly awaited revival of one of its most-loved game franchises, all in the space of a month?"

143038484565.png

Good article here

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-04-30-what-is-happening-at-konami

MajorTom

I wonder if Konami will still hire new staff to develop another Metal Gear game. They said they will.
Also I'm pretty sure they filed to de-list themselves from the NYSE back in November.

Well it's not impossible when 90% of the plot is told through exposition from possibly unreliable narrators.

I think it's to established to be retconned....

MGS 4 had snake aging because he was a clone....

i mean like every fiction its possible to retcon things..but LET is something that you can't change

hope so...i feel like TPP will be a game changer in the industry

MGS games always were changer in the industry. And Kojima always gave those high standarts for gaming industry. Look at MGS2, that game was like something from future and not from PS2 generation.
And MGS4, even if many fans dislike it, that was really high standart for last-generation almost at PS3 launch. I think Kojima with his games speed up progress in gaming, because other devs don't want to be far behind and as a result they work harder on their games.

Kindekuma

Banned
Also, they already tried that
Metal_Gear_Solid_Touch_Logo.png

Touch was kinda fun. I have it on my phone. It's the only game on my phone I'm actually willing to keep.

the biggest 360 game is wolfenstein with 4 discs but i can see tpp beating it
I think MGSV won't have THAT many discs. Several giant maps, most of the data will probably be audio. Pretty much the main reason MGS4 wasn't ported over because of uncompressed audio. It in reality would have been 7 discs...?

JayEH

What's with all TLOU comparisons? The two games have almost nothing in common besides being third person.

What's with all TLOU comparisons? The two games have almost nothing in common besides being third person.

Marcus mentioned it only once and it was about emotional part. That thing you can compare games even with different genres. Or TLOU comparisons were mentioned somewhere else?

look i know i tend to ask alot of questions and sometimes i'll repeat my selfs, i don't have a good memory

but i don't get why people always take it the wrong way..im asking these questions because im curious,

this is mgs gaf community after all

MajorTom

I disagree, they are both third person, they both include stealth elements and they are both very story driven experiences.
And they're both amazing! :D

Kindekuma

Banned

What TPP and TLOU has in common:

Bearded angsty protagonist
A girl who was born into the world/conflict and kills to survive
Troy Baker
Stealth elements
Finding the whereabouts of an organization
Time gap between the prologue and main game
A story that'll make you cry (subjective...?)
Multiplayer
The main character
falls ill or is incapacitated
for a major section of the story.

Should I keep going?

Troy Baker
Stealth elements
Multiplayer
The main character

Should I keep going?

You can get cosmetic hats in TLOU and we will be getting cosmetic hats in MGO

Mexen

Troy Baker
Stealth elements
Multiplayer
The main character

Should I keep going?

citizenkane.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom