• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexen

CZ6mU5H.png

JayEH has no life :eek:
jk

Yeah I think so. It regularly goes on sale on PSN
It's on sale now on PSN. $8 for plus members I think.

And yeah that horn still is kind of weird, even though I got used to it. Also, it looks like rock when it's small, but in the bloody snake picture where its super long it looks like steel or some kind of metal. We should be able to use it as a CQC weapon hehe.
There's really so much we don't know about TPP. I hope it stays like this. That's what I don't really want a trailer. That and the fact that a new trailer would get me hyped and I don't think I can handle any more hype. I want to forget about MGSV until 9/1/201V

i always been suprised that Kojima decided to stay with the same continuity/canon with MGS and have it be a sequel to MG and MG 2: Solid Snake

then rebooting it all with MGS..

was MG and MG 2 popular in japan, which is why kojima decided to continue the storyline with MGS?

i always been suprised that Kojima decided to stay with the same continuity/canon with MGS and have it be a sequel to MG and MG 2: Solid Snake

was MG and MG 2 popular in japan, which is why kojima decided to continue the storyline with MGS?

Pretty sure I read somewhere that rebooting with MGS1 was considered. Or Kojima said he should have done that.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that rebooting with MGS1 was considered. Or Kojima said he should have done that.

Yeah, it's here:

"Solid Snake's story is really going to end in MGS4," explained Kojima in the booklet. "Using cloning [as a plot device] was really cheating. I wouldn't be working on [MGS4] if I thought there was a sequel. I've said it numerous times, but Solid Snake fought against a lot of strong foes back on the MSX, so we should've started from scratch when we worked on the PlayStation. But we released it as a sequel, so we had to bring out even stronger enemies. As a result, we had to create an adversary with the same strength [as Snake] and we decided to go with a clone storyline, but that's where things got difficult."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tgs-07-kojima-speaks/1100-6179757/

R-User!

Today is May 2nd.

Only 4 more months!

122 more days until midnight on Monday August 31st!

I'll be Sneaking Out to pick up the Collectors Edition.

I'll be sad and happy at the same time...

What edition has everyone here preordered?

MajorTom

Today is May 2nd.

Only 4 more months!

Preordered the day 1 edition and the collectors edition. Right now I can afford the CE but I don't get another student loan until the end of September. Might have to cancel it and just get the day 1 edition. I'll just be happy to finally have the game tbh.

Today is May 2nd.

Only 4 more months!

CE for PS4

Will be getting the PC version down the line as well

Woffls

Thought I was doing okay on the MGS2 VR/AR missions, then I get to a variety mission where you have to stop 26 enemies getting to Meryl. I've developed a fairly good method for most of it, but sniping in this game is horrendously shit.

Got 100% on all Raidens, and Pliskin. One more mission for Snake, then whatever the last two hidden ones are.

i mean Kojima said he regrets having snake be a clone and LET..

yet in GZ the credits mentioned LET project...

do you think Kojima must of changed his opinion on the clone aspect of the series then...

Error1355

Today is May 2nd.

Only 4 more months!

I have the collectors edition preordered for both Xbox One and PS4. Both from different sites. That is also in case one fails to go through. Best Buy and GameStop. @_@

Lernaean

Banned
Today is May 2nd.

Only 4 more months!

Add about a week more for me as GAME is known for their delivery sucking skills.
My JPCE will probably arrive before the EUCE which is the one i'll be playing.
I swear i'll be avoiding GAF and chat the way Christopher Lee avoids garlic, the days leading to release up until the day it arrives.

Add about a week more for me as GAME is known for their delivery sucking skills.
My JPCE will probably arrive before the EUCE which is the one i'll be playing.
I swear i'll be avoiding GAF and chat the way Christopher Lee avoids garlic, the days leading to release up until the day it arrives.

lol good luck with that

OrochiJR

Gold Member
Hello, MGS-Gaf! This is my first time posting in here. Is there any news about the head transplant doctor? Last thing I heard was that he was to be interviewed on Italian TV about the whole MGS conspiracy theory. Has it been documented how that turned out?

I apologize in advance if this should be a taboo subject after how the last two threads about the topic turned out.
Please don't ban me!

Vally

Hello, MGS-Gaf! This is my first time posting in here. Is there any news about the head transplant doctor? Last thing I heard was that he was to be interviewed on Italian TV about the whole MGS conspiracy theory. Has it been documented how that turned out?

I apologize in advance if this should be a taboo subject after how the last two threads about the topic turned out.
Please don't ban me!

Welcome!

Don't worry, you can talk about it, the last two threads got locked because some people were posting personal info about the doctor. He was supposed to be on Italian TV but no idea how that turned out, I haven't been able to find that interview anywhere

Please don't ban me!

hello

Error1355

Please don't ban me!

Was I s'post to give a 'hello' post before starting to post in here too a week or so ago? =P

I just started acting like I was always here, hoping to sneak in unnoticed. >_>

Hi

MajorTom

Please don't ban me!

Welcome BROTHER!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
What's all this talk about there not being an MGO beta?

Is Konami really pulling the plug on their game business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom