• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Delta is being made by Kojima Old Team and Virtuous Studios

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Virtuos worked on Dark Souls Remastered

☺️

other games they’ve worked on:
hK5Mtxz.jpg
sil30v6.jpg
TxnhiV1.jpg

Fuuuuu.....

I HATE WITH ALL MY SOUL PUBG AND THE OUTER WORLDS

You're only as good as your last gig, and their last gig was the dogshit The Outer Worlds Remaster.
The skepticism is warranted.
I feel like this kind of sentiment takes away from peoples history and body of work. I see the same kinds of comments in UFC, if a fighter loses all of a sudden they are washed up, regardless of their history in the sport.

I get the line of thinking, but I don’t fully agree with it. There are too many variables in life to simply reduce things down this way.

CamHostage

I get the line of thinking, but I don’t fully agree with it. There are too many variables in life to simply reduce things down this way.

Game productions, particularly remasters, also are at the whim of the publisher. Budget and timeline is usually tough and tight, which is why they go to shophouses like Virtuos in the first place. It's Virtuos fault to some degree that they take so many jobs which they can rarely pull off perfectly (and they have a lot of projects juggling at the same time, so they aren't flexible in capacity, ) but conditions are not in the port studios favor and unlike full game works its much harder to go back to the publisher and ask for more time to get a better product. The cases where HexaDrive gets called in to do it perfect are rare for unfortunate reasons.

Virtuos does some extraordinary work; they also ship out some beleaguered shit. That's the way of a workhorse studio, they just keep heads-down working rain or shine.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Virtuous can likely make it run and look well.

As far as voice acting, gameplay, and changes etc that’ll be on Konami. That is where the issues will lie really.

I just want the collection. Unless it’s blue point doing it, this thing will likely suck ass.

coffinbirth

I feel like this kind of sentiment takes away from peoples history and body of work. I see the same kinds of comments in UFC, if a fighter loses all of a sudden they are washed up, regardless of their history in the sport.

What body of work? They've only ever made ONE GAME that wasn't a port or remaster. But shame on me for shitting all over the storied masterpiece that is Monster Jam: Path of Destruction...my bad.

Ben87fr

Don't expect something like the resident evil remakes guys, it's probably a graphics update and not much else, i hope it's more but i don't trust konami

Toots

Gold Member
Haven't played any of those except for Return to Arkham and it was pretty penis.
You should have stop here, after your first sentence.
Nobody would have known if you meant good or bad :messenger_tears_of_joy:
And i'm stealing that for myself thank you.
"So Toots how was work today ?
- Pretty penis as usual."

What's the deal with this?
Is it an in-house Konami game that Virtuos is doing extra work on (think 1-Up Studio on Super Mario Odyssey or Bluepoint on God of War Ragnarok), or a Virtuos game being assisted by Konami's development division?
Sounds like the former to me.

What body of work? They've only ever made ONE GAME that wasn't a port or remaster. But shame on me for shitting all over the storied masterpiece that is Monster Jam: Path of Destruction...my bad.
This just reads as the hubris of someone who takes things for granted. Remasters, remakes, and whatever else still count as work. You think those things program and port themselves?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
That's kinda easy to fuck up if they rush it and it's possibly the biggest thing that can lead to a disaster.

If they're gonna do the kind of job on it that they did on Arkham games then I'd rather not see it...
The Arkham games was a funny one.
They could of added the improvements to the original engine but decided to redo it all in UE4 which changed a lot while remaining the same which make the comparison easier to pick at.
This is way beyond that it will be impossible to repeat what happened with Arkham.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Just hope it does not ends like Silent Hill remasters...
Dude, you're talking nonsense in a big way

1 - game is a remake. Start to finish with engine, physics, models and whatnot new
2 - the team is partially the original guys, so it's a great sign to get into the soul of the original game
3 - Konami knows that has a shitty reputation for a while. If they screw up one the biggest games they have for whatever reason, chances are they will need to sell their shit and only keep the pachinko business

Of course things can go bad. But the SH remasters are no comparison for it

Last edited:
silly question, whatever happened to the guy who used to be assistant writer for kojima? They need him back on board

Last edited:

RaduN

silly question, whatever happened to the guy who used to be assistant writer for kojima? They need him back on board
You're thinking Shuyo Murata? He was the one that wrote Zone of the Enders series, so hopefully we'll hear from him in the future.

He might have stayed with Konami...didn't hear he was leaving with Kojima at the time.

You're thinking Shuyo Murata? He was the one that wrote Zone of the Enders series, so hopefully we'll hear from him in the future.

He might have stayed with Konami...didn't hear he was leaving with Kojima at the time.
its either him or tomo fukushima, always felt like the scripts got worse post mgs3 when kojima started writing everything with no one to reign him in

kuncol02

Banned
If they take the original games and have the Konami team and Virtuous slap on some AA to AAA graphics, with 4k/60 gameplay, i think we all win
Virtuous was able to fuck up remaster of PS4/XOne game (or even multiple remasters). You think they will be able to make full remake without totally fucking it up?

Kumomeme

isnt lot of the Kojima Production veteran developers, especially people who used to work with Kojima already left the company?

I don't know, call me crazy but none of this is a red flag to me. They're using the original voices, good, they're using the old Kojima team, awesome as the team is responsible for how good those games are, not Kojima's egotistical pretentious ass, and the lack of involvement from Kojima seems like a positive to me, it will actually be completed on time at least and within budget. Virtuous isn't developing, they're just support, so that's not a red flag either.

Shit man, I'm still hype, nothing is fucked here dude.
For some reason there are people who expected a dream scenario where Kojima would come back to do a remake for a series that he's fully done with and never wants to come back to. Or they expected Bluepoint to swoop in and save the day, even though they're hard at work on the next Sony property that fans will ultimately nitpick.

KOMANI

KOMANI
its either him or tomo fukushima, always felt like the scripts got worse post mgs3 when kojima started writing everything with no one to reign him in

Murata is with new Koji Pro; and it was Okamura who mainly wrote the first ZOE1, Tomokazu Fukushima left in 2005, joined Sony's Japan Studios and is currently at TvT (Tokyo Virtual Theory). Murata also co wrote and co directed MGS4, a detail that gets left out. He was responsible for tying up the loose ends and he came up with the theme of 4, SENSE (Which, in Japanese, is what Ocelot says instead of, "You're Pretty Good"; "You have good sense").

RaduN

Murata is with new Koji Pro; and it was Okamura who mainly wrote the first ZOE1, Tomokazu Fukushima left in 2005, joined Sony's Japan Studios and is currently at TvT (Tokyo Virtual Theory). Murata also co wrote and co directed MGS4, a detail that gets left out. He was responsible for tying up the loose ends and he came up with the theme of 4, SENSE (Which, in Japanese, is what Ocelot says instead of, "You're Pretty Good"; "You have good sense").
Good info there !

I'm glad he went with Kojima. They seem to work well together. Did he write ZoE2 though?

Yeah Murata's involvement in MGS4 is pretty well known (first trailers had his name all over). Now i wonder how much truth is to the rumour that, once Kojima came back as a lead director, he re-recorded all mo-cap for all 9 hours of cutscenes, together with re-writing most major beats of the game.
MGS4 apparently had a much more troubled development than we know.

Top Bottom