• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

QJIMAPO.gif

A MGS3 remake. Only in that can my soul find respite.

I just want to see this in a real MGS3 remake rather than pachinko.
rn2G3pQ.gif

Is there anyway to change my avatar's class, or is it permanently locked to the servers?
I'm on PS4, and I don't mind deleting all my data, as I've only played the prologue and about 4 or 5 matches.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Anth0ny

Work with Koji Pro and we're golden.

I don't think you need Kojima to make a good Metal Gear game (of course it would help). But I am 100000000000% sure that this Konami is incapable of releasing a Metal Gear title that lives up to the name, even with the most talented and respectful team on the planet.

they need to make some big fucking changes if they want to win me, and I'm sure many others, back.

Tora is good peoples, sucks that he works for a really bad video game company that barely even makes video games anymore

I would like to thank him for portable ops being on Vita in the US now. I'd like to think our suggestions to him contributed

Icefire1424

Serious question for the sake of curiosity.

Assuming that Konami wouldn't partner back up with Kojima (because let's face it, that just isn't going to happen), what, if anything, could Konami do to get back into the good graces of its former fanbase? Is there anything that would bring gamers back to Konami, or has that bridge already been burned beyond repair?

I have thoughts personally, but curious of the others around here.

Anth0ny

Assuming that Konami wouldn't partner back up with Kojima (because let's face it, that just isn't going to happen), what, if anything, could Konami do to get back into the good graces of its former fanbase? Is there anything that would bring gamers back to Konami, or has that bridge already been burned beyond repair?

New leadership, new direction while also returning to form.

Square Enix just did it. They were going down the shitter. Increased focus on mobile. Big console games included Final Fantasy XIII and... Final Fantasy XIII sequels. Ignored the fan requested Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, FFVII Remake...

Now look at them. they're kicking ass. working on projects that make the fans happy. while also putting out their cheap cash grab money makers on mobile.

Konami could easily do the same thing with their IP. they just have horrible leadership, chasing money with zero regard for their core fanbase (as if the two can't both be satisfied) and their work environment is clearly toxic as fuck.

they need some big changes. and I think they will come. eventually.

Kindekuma

Banned
Kojima and Kevin Durand met up at SDCC. Apparently they've been talking for a year or so. Guess we got another star for Death Stranding.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Hey guys! I just finished MGSV so I can start reading the Metal Gear threads again lol. Does anybody play MGO and is it any good? Or is there much activity in the FOB scene? Just wondering if either or both are worth trying to get into.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys! I just finished MGSV so I can start reading the Metal Gear threads again lol. Does anybody play MGO and is it any good? Or is there much activity in the FOB scene? Just wondering if either or both are worth trying to get into.

Yeah, there a still folks on both. I find FOB quite hard. MGO3 was a bit pants when I first started playing because it didn't seem quite as tactical as old MGOs. I've gotten quite into it of late and started to enjoy it a lot more. Give 'em both a shot!

Kindekuma

Banned
Come on Yong. This is getting to be embarrassing.

0oCqtNw.png

Hideo confirmed that LUDENS and the Logo Movie have absolutely no ties to D.S. whatsoever.

It's actually Kojima under the mask. However he felt it was odd seeing his eyes under the mask, so he asked the modeling team to make some slight adjustments.

I still call BS on that explanation, it just looks waaaaaay too much look Reedus.

It was actually pretty awesome! Did you watch it?

After looking at the length of the video I thought he'd end up talking out of his ass, but the video was actually on point throughout lol. Surprised he didn't mention the background though, reminded me of the first shot of 2001ASO.

dc89

Decided to replay MGS V.

To the guys who've played it twice - what did you think on your second play through, did you enjoy it more or less?

Javin98

Banned
Am I the only one who is skeptical of Death Stranding? I mean, I'm a huge fan of Kojma's and Metal Gear, but I go on Twitter and I see those diehard Metal Gear fans (mostly cosplayers) just soaking it up when we don't know what it is even about. Even YongYea seems dead hyped about it. Kojima has an excellent track record, but he has said that without Konami to hold him back, he is going for maximum "edginess". I don't know if I should be excited or scared, honestly. All I'm saying is, I think it's too early to get crazy hyped when the game is 3-4 years away at least and we don't even have a glimpse at it besides the reveal trailer which didn't tell us anything.

Either way, anyone who knows me knows that I'm secretly hoping Stefanie Joosten is in this game too. :p

Xux

Honestly, I'm incredibly curious. If there're enough of the old staff still there for it, I think it'll be fine; all the times Kojima tried to get out of the Director's chair and the stories of stuff like every member of the staff having to contribute an easter egg to MGS3 makes me think there's plenty of talent elsewhere. Otherwise, enough budget and they'd be able to emulate whatever'd be missing. And regardless of all of that, there's a chance it'll just be good.

A lot of people would complain about some nebulous...something missing as if Kojima's exact fingerprints are obvious but I think they can still put out a good video game.

J.EM1

Hideo confirmed that LUDENS and the Logo Movie have absolutely no ties to D.S. whatsoever.
I still have a feeling he might be trolling us as usual. I mean looking at all the new Shinkawa art, some of that sci-fi stuff has got to be in the game.

Ludens

Banned
Come on Yong. This is getting to be embarrassing.

0oCqtNw.png

!7 minutes of analysis about a 0:36 seconds video. Yeah, it make sense. I don't even want to check the video because I'm pretty sure I'll waste my time here.

Well, I'm not even sure if Konami will put all DLCs on the disk. Both MGSV and GZ could fit a bluray, since they are less than 50 GB (I think around 30 GB for TPP and 5 GB for GZ, so there's plenty of space), but if other GOTY/Collection of Konami titles are indicative, I'm pretty sure this edition will be just TPP with a voucher to redeem GZ and additional DLCs on PSN/Live, like they did for Castlevania.

The Ex in Definitive Ex probably is just experience. It's not chapter 3. I'm not getting my hopes up again. Heelllll no
Decided to replay MGS V.

To the guys who've played it twice - what did you think on your second play through, did you enjoy it more or less?
I'm replaying it now.
I miss this game man. I still think it's really good. Enjoying it a lot.
Playing those first few missions, walking around my small mother base, getting MB cutscenes... reminds me of when I first played the game and still had hope :^(

I think the game is at it's best when you're just playing main missions (with a few side ops here and there, mostly the important ones like getting interpreters, blueprints, and old MB soldiers), when you're not very OP and have low-grade weapons, when picking up material boxes and rough diamonds still matter instead of just FOB grinding.

Just got to the first
Paz
cutscene... Soooo good.

EDIT: Also listening to the cassette tapes again. Damn I forgot how good some of these were. I also forgot that Snake actually talks a decent amount in them too.

Do any of you still play MGO3.
I was playing it until around May. It was pretty fun after the updates, but it's pretty much dead now unfortunately. Konami hasn't done shit since survival (which is a failure. there was like 8 people playing it the last time i logged in on PS4).

horkrux

I think I will never be able to replay MGSV again. I've spend so many hours increasing my staff, developing stuff, doing FOB (mostly training for it)... that kinda feels like something you do once and never again. It was fun, but starting over would certainly not be, unless I ignore all that. It is a big part of the game though, so it would feel like something's missing. The only incentive for me to play it again from the beginning would be all these cutscenes you don't get by simply replaying the missions. but would that really be worth deleting your save file or creating a new one and start over from scratch? Well, I guess it also depends on how much time you had invested in it before. One day they are going to shut down the servers... what a mess it will be then. All the stuff that will be unavailable, because there'd be no way (sans cheating) to get your staff ranks up that high.

It's the same with Peace Walker for me. Considering how many hours I have poured into both games, it's not a bad thing I guess.

Top Bottom