• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 4 Poll

?

• It will be cross gen because thaat makes sense

Votes: 80 65.0%
  • It will be the last switch game with no cross gen enhancements

Votes: 13 10.6%
  • Maybe Metroid Prime 4 was the friends we made along the way.

Votes: 30 24.4%

• Total voters

JordiENP

Ok so a lot of people are convinced Metroid Prime 4 will have a cross gen release, and that would be cool and would make sense, BUT... Nintendo doesn't make sense a lot of time. So in my opinion it will be the last big game for the Switch this Holiday, that and some mario game and some remake/remaster. But don't be disappointed if that's the case, Metroid Prime Remastered looks fantastic and at 60fps, so if they can drop something like that with modern gameplay and level design for MP4, it will be a masterpiece. BUT, I'm hoping a cross gen release.

Metroid Prime Remastered:
metroid-prime-remastered-4k-renders-by-digital-frontiers-v0-0xk9ygjhpy6b1.jpg

metroid-prime-remastered-4k-renders-by-digital-frontiers-v0-bgfgbvwcpy6b1.webp

metroid-prime-remastered-4k-renders-by-digital-frontiers-v0-eowjbplcpy6b1.webp

metroid-prime-remastered-4k-renders-by-digital-frontiers-v0-n7sful1bpy6b1.webp

metroid-prime-remastered-4k-renders-by-digital-frontiers-v0-m0q30yk9py6b1.webp

metroid-prime-remastered-4k-renders-by-digital-frontiers-v0-lrjc8g83py6b1.webp

metroid-prime-remastered-4k-renders-by-digital-frontiers-v0-fvjrp8q1py6b1.webp

Last edited:

Woopah

Was originally planned as cross gen until Switch 2 delay.

Now we'll get Switch 1 version this year, and Switch 2 version next year.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Ok so a lot of people are convinced Metroid Prime 4 will have a cross gen release, and that would be cool and would make sense, BUT... Nintendo doesn't make sense a lot of time. So in my opinion it will be the last big game for the Switch this Holiday, that and some mario game and some remake/remaster. But don't be disappointed if that's the case, Metroid Prime Remastered looks fantastic and at 60fps, so if they can drop something like that with modern gameplay and level design for MP4, it will be a masterpiece. BUT, I'm hoping a cross gen release.
metroid-prime-remastered-4k-renders-by-digital-frontiers-v0-0xk9ygjhpy6b1.jpg

metroid-prime-remastered-4k-renders-by-digital-frontiers-v0-bgfgbvwcpy6b1.webp

metroid-prime-remastered-4k-renders-by-digital-frontiers-v0-eowjbplcpy6b1.webp

metroid-prime-remastered-4k-renders-by-digital-frontiers-v0-n7sful1bpy6b1.webp

metroid-prime-remastered-4k-renders-by-digital-frontiers-v0-m0q30yk9py6b1.webp

metroid-prime-remastered-4k-renders-by-digital-frontiers-v0-lrjc8g83py6b1.webp

metroid-prime-remastered-4k-renders-by-digital-frontiers-v0-fvjrp8q1py6b1.webp
Are these from the remaster? They look amazing

cireza

Retro Studios are wizards, they will deliver a jaw-breaking game even if it is Switch exclusive.

However, I believe that, in the same way of the Wii with Prime 3 (which remained one of the most impressive games of the console for the entire gen, as well as having probably the best implementation of the base Wiimote), it would be a super strong to have in a launch line-up, and Nintendo know this.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
If Switch 2 is PC-like and instantly boosts performance and visuals in switch games, then I say it’ll just be a Switch release.

If not then dual release.

Skeptical

Neo Member
At this point, not putting it on Switch 2 would be a big problem. This is a prestige, hardcore-oriented game for Nintendo. It's also an expensive one, between its initial failure with Namco and now 5 years at what is presumably Nintendo's most expensive studio. Which presumably means Nintendo wants the game not only to be a GOTY contender, but also sell many millions and set the stage for it to return as an important franchise for them. But in order to do that, they need to sell not only to the Nintendo die-hard (who would still buy it on the Switch), but to the larger overall so-called hardcore audience. You know, like the general Neogaf crowd. No go look at the typical conversation around the Switch around here. To be blunt, it's despised now for being old and out of date. Bayonetta 3 didn't sell that well. Xenoblade 3 didn't sell as well as XB2. And that was still 2022. What makes anyone think 2024 would be any better?

One can argue Metroid is a bigger franchise, but it really isn't THAT much bigger. And it's exactly the wrong game to try to salvage this holiday season. Like I said, the more hardcore oriented crowd is exiting the stage faster than the more casual crowd. So you would probably want a more casual oriented game like a Mario Party or something. Not only can that franchise survive a weak entry (and let's be honest, this holiday is likely to be Nintendo's weakest in a long time), but it appeals more to the crowd that hasn't already dropped the Switch due to graphics and the like.

And on the flip side, the hardcore crowd are the ones that buy a console day 1 AND are the ones that buy lots of games, so you would likely want multiple games early on that appeal to them. And the hardcore crowd are also the ones who go to social media to talk about games, so getting an early positive impression can help boost the Switch 2's life overall. Getting Prime in early would give Nintendo a huge boost to the hardcore crowd, especially those that might think Mario is too kiddy or whatever (it's been 7 years since Odyssey, another one has got to be out soon). And it would give a huge boost to Metroid itself, possibly breaking out of its 2-3 million sales baseline.

Sure, that's not proof that it will be. But honestly, if it is just Switch 1 only, then it sadly likely means Nintendo is simply sending it out to die.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
We know nothing about a Switch 2. So voted it will be a Switch game for now.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Oh yeah I can totally see MP4 being cross gen and launch for switch 2 just like BoTW was for WiiU and Switch and it's fine.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Oh yeah I can totally see MP4 being cross gen and launch for switch 2 just like BoTW was for WiiU and Switch and it's fine.
But if Switch 2 was internally delayed, I can't see them holding it for Switch 1/2 release together.

They don't have a Pokemon game for the holidays, they need something.

Either Switch only this year or cross-gen next year. The only way it’s Switch 2 only is if Switch 2 has some gimmick that is required for Metroid.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Some optimization for Switch 2 would be nice. There's only so much they can do with the ancient S1. Not that Prime remastered was bad, but I kinda want more than that now.

phant0m

If Switch 2 uses the same carts and is fully BC I suspect it will be a single release that runs with enhancements (higher res, RT, frame rate, etc) on Switch 2.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
But if Switch 2 was internally delayed, I can't see them holding it for Switch 1/2 release together.

They don't have a Pokemon game for the holidays, they need something.
Maybe an unannounced, smaller game. Next holidays are quite far they have the time to announce something at a direct. That's my thought. Personally I would like a new Captain Toad, that would be a perfect addition

Celcius

°Temp. member
Switch 1 only.
They need something for the Switch this year and it's been in development forever.

IAmRei

I can only wish if it released. Boy, each time there is direct incoming, i wish if it contains M4 too

I think there’s a good chance it’s a Switch 2 exclusive to move systems. But also it’s Nintendo, so it could be another end of life swan song for the Switch like Samus Returns. I voted for the more pessimistic one this time, in hopes I won’t be let down again by Nintendo’s seeming disdain for the franchise.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Went #2 but I honestly have no idea at this point. Part of me thinks it's the Switch's swansong and will be out later this year with the Switch 2 in March '25.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I think there’s a good chance it’s a Switch 2 exclusive to move systems. But also it’s Nintendo, so it could be another end of life swan song for the Switch like Samus Returns. I voted for the more pessimistic one this time, in hopes I won’t be let down again by Nintendo’s seeming disdain for the franchise.
It was announced for Switch, I don't see anyway they could justify not releasing it on it after all the years of waiting.

Top Bottom