• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Update: Artifacts

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Well I just got the phazon suit and im being told to retuen all 12 artifacts to the impact crater o_O Problem is that I only have 8 and dont even know where to begin to search for the other 4. Looks like im going to have to cheat a bit and peep into gamefaqs :(

Did you read the descriptions they give you? They give a lot of hints in them, including what room they are in (look in the map for the names). In order to get those descriptions you must go to the Impact Crater and scan the statues in the outside courtyard.

LakeEarth

BuddyChrist83 said:
I loved that part of Prime. I hated that part of Zelda.

Yeah, it was really done in the right way in Prime. Tell the player exactly where to go, but not exactly where it's hidden. Actually EXPLORE instead of just... sailing in the open fields until you get there. There seemed to be a sense of accomplishment when you found one, while getting Trifore pieces felt like a chore.

Don't worry about the Chozo pieces, hell, finding 8 by the end is excellent (I think I only had 3 when I got there). Just scan the things, they'll tell you where they are, get there, look around, wait to hear the Metroid Prime "vrromommm" sound when you're close to an item. Easy.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
BuddyChrist83 said:
I loved that part of Prime. I hated that part of Zelda.
I was the oppisite (though I wouldn't say I hated it). The search for Triforce shards lead you to out of the way area and mini dungeons that I enjoyed. MP's artifacts required a lot of backtracking to areas I had already seen several times or had just come from but couldn't get (Damn you! Newborn). But it wasn't too bad, my first time through I stumbled upon many of them without knowing their purpose and in my second time though, I know where they all were and just picked them up along the way (atleast, the ones I could).

Orin GA:
If you scan the totem poles at the "Impact Crater" (actually, its the Artifact Temple), they give you a clue.... a very obvious clue. Once you scan them, you can read the clue at any time (until you find it) in the Start menu.

Also, if you look at the ground in the temple, you should notice a grid connecting the totempoles. This grid powers each of these statues and without power you can't scan them for the clue. The power flows from the center, so you'll need to find the artifacts to the inner statues first, which are connected to it outer ones and "complete the circuit."

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Yeah, I had 7 or 8 by the time the game required you to collect all the artifacts. Some of the hiding places are just SO freakin' awesome.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Orin GA said:
Well I just got the phazon suit and im being told to retuen all 12 artifacts to the impact crater o_O Problem is that I only have 8 and dont even know where to begin to search for the other 4. Looks like im going to have to cheat a bit and peep into gamefaqs :(
You've got to be kidding. Collecting the artifacts was so damn easy since they gave the most obvious hints in the log book. It was just a pain in the ass having to backtrack all over the place just for the artifacts.

BuddyC

I think I liked it because you were revisiting areas you'd already been to, whereas in Wind Waker you weren't forced to go through the places where the maps were hidden.

Top Bottom