• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michelle Rodriguez talks about GameCube

Izzy

Banned
1UP: What's your preferred platform when the urge does take?

MR: It's not GameCube, that's for sure... that machine's for kids. The games are juvenile. Resident Evil 4 is the only thing the system's got going on. My favorite console has to be the Xbox. Are the games hot? Most, no... but they're getting there. The PlayStation 2 wasn't able to monopolize the market completely, and Microsoft's taking advantage of that. I like the PlayStation 2 for its games, but the Xbox I adore for its technical capabilities. And the titles available for it will only get better.

Link

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I considered about posting that the other day, thought better of it.

Can one of the 1UP guys confirm thats a real interview? It just seems really fake.

SantaC

She was a voice in Halo 2. Are you surprised that she likes xbox?

Edit: this thread will be another huge nintendo hate fest. :(

Jr.

Banned
F U Rodriguez!!!

star-fox-assault-20041112111844864.jpg

lexi

Banned
Frankly, I'd be more concerned if she did like Gamecube, she's a fucking terrible actor, who can only deadpan all of her roles. Like a female version of Keanu Reeves, except at least he was in a movie with George Carlin.

neptunes

:lol I guess she's a horrible actress now

I wonder how she'll play resident evil 4? I hear she's a fan of the series.

I guess she'll wait for the ps2 version :p

XS+

Banned
I like the PlayStation 2 for its games, but the Xbox I adore for its technical capabilities.

Dumbest comment ever. With games like MGS3, the "technical capabilities" of the Xbox are irrelevant. She notes the PS2 excels as far as games are concerned, which only begs the question, being she's a gamer, "What the hell else is there to worry about??"

NLB2

Banned
Holy shit at starfox! That's what Halo 2 should've looked like. (Not that Halo 2 is bad, best console game this year imo.)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
1UP: Any digital diversions you're hoping to find a few hours for this holiday season?

MR: Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. Metal Gear Solid 3. Mortal Kombat: Deception. They're all hot. Although I may just fall back on Virtua Fighter or Tekken, since they're old favorites. Halo 2 is amazing too... it's the title I plan on spending the most time with. You go online and just get slaughtered... it's awesome! I can't think of a more fun way to goof off.

x7krock.gif

Deku Tree

Michelle Rodriguez said:
1UP: Ever predict the game would be as much of as a success as it has been?

MR: Yeah - I could've told you it was going to be amazing a few years ago. Besides, I don't put my hands on anything unless it's hot.

The Fast and the Furious, Resident Evil movie, Driv3r... WTF is she smoking?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm amazed she'd be so into her games..

edit - wow, she really is.

Seriously though, take a look at the guys who make these games... most are computer, techie types. They're almost all boys that spend all day sitting in front of the PC. And they never get laid... these cats are deprived. It's visible in the stories you seen in most games. And women aren't interested in that.

Ouch! :lol

lexi

Banned
Before the multipage thread begins, I'd like to state that it's pretty fucking stupid to answer the question in that fashion.

It's like being asked what's your favourite car and answering straight off 'Not BMW's that's for sure, that shit for rich germans!'

ManaByte

Deku Tree said:
The Fast and the Furious, Resident Evil movie, Driv3r... WTF is she smoking?

The Fast and the Furious and the RE movie both did well among people who are old enough to drive or old enough to buy a ticket to a R rated movie without mommy or daddy.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
"You go online and just get slaughtered... it's awesome! I can't think of a more fun way to goof off. "

It's good to lose together!™

Jr.

Banned
ManaByte said:
Gahiggidy shouldn't be able to get away with his reply.

She'll kick your ass!
B00003CXNY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Why? you gotta call it like you see it, whats wrong with it? You ever call someone a dick?? Same thing!

Besides she sucks, I'd compare her to the Atari Jaguar!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
neptunes said:
I wonder if she'll get hate mail now :)

Yea, I'm sure the dork brigades and the indigo horde are a frightening prospect.

I don't know what she has against the Cube, she's been saying this in game interviews for over a year now.

Jr.

Banned
lockii said:
Before the multipage thread begins, I'd like to state that it's pretty fucking stupid to answer the question in that fashion.

It's like being asked what's your favourite car and answering straight off 'Not BMW's that's for sure, that shit for rich germans!'

IWAWT! Or how about what is your favorite fast-food place? "Not Taco Bell, their food gives me the freaking runs something awful!!!"

Ramirez

Who gives a shit about her opinion?I'd like to punch her and her stupid ass "tough girl" act in the throat.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
This sin't the first time she's showed us her ugly, anti-nintendoism...

GD: What consoles do you own?

I have an Xbox and a PlayStation. I have a GameCube, but I really don't use it. Little kids games! The only real game they have is Resident Evil, so I wait till that comes out and then go get [the GameCube] out of the closet. [laughs]

- http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/ps2/driv3r/preview/25355
Cunt.

Deku Tree

MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ said:
Seriously though, take a look at the guys who make these games... most are computer, techie types. They're almost all boys that spend all day sitting in front of the PC. And they never get laid... these cats are deprived. It's visible in the stories you seen in most games. And women aren't interested in that.

owch

olimario

Banned
She is biased and uninformed.
Obviously on MS payroll for more than Halo 2.

And wow... She really is a cunt. Worse than Mina.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
1UP: If you could appear in any game - besides the ones you've been in - what would it be?

MR: Well, you won't see too much of that, since right now I'm in stealth mode. But it'd be pretty cool if they'd add a female sidekick to the Metal Gear Solid series. I'd play her.

WOW SHE REALLY PLAYS MGS EH!!

Girl let me cut you...

Actually, she's kinda right. Comparitively speaking, I mean, she's right. GC does have a higher concentration of "juvenile" games than PS2 or XBOX.

Top Bottom