• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michelle Rodriguez talks about GameCube

belgurdo

Banned
Ramirez said:
Who gives a shit about her opinion?I'd like to punch her and her stupid ass "tough girl" act in the throat.

Internet Tough Guy™ to the rescue! The saviour of Net-connected nerds everywhere flies through the night, smiting all who dare have a dissenting opinion to his own with a flash of his greatly exaggerated muscles and deadly threats!

Who the hell is Michaelle Rodrigez and why isn't she atleast a little bit good looking? I thought all celebreties were supposed to be hot.

What she has an opinion about videogames too? :lol

She wants to be a sidekick in a MGS game? :lol :lol

Sho Nuff

Banned
I would so have sex with Michelle Rodriguez now.

Actually, I think I would have sex with any celeb who dissed the Gamecube in an interview.

SEAN CONNERY: "Yesh, the Gamecube ish for children and is shad beyond wordsh."
ME: "DROP UR PANTS OLD MAN"

AniHawk

In her article, she dismissed GameCube as not having a lot of "mature" games which interest her. If you want to respond to that claim, have fun. Gahiggidy's one-word response of "cunt" is weak shit, though -- when you resort to name-calling, it means you don't have anything factual to fire back.

But you can't really take Gah seriously. He's like a parody of Nintendo penguins. I thought his response was like out of duty to fulfill that parody rather out of real emotion.

And I don't understand what's so wrong with the c-word. Then again, I really don't understand why swear words are so bad in the first place.

But hey, you're the mod, and the ultimate decision is yours, so I'm not bustin' your chops or anything. Just saying what I saw.

cvxfreak

AniHawk said:
But you can't really take Gah seriously. He's like a parody of Nintendo penguins.

And I don't understand what's so wrong with the c-word. Then again, I really don't understand why swear words are so bad in the first place.

The C-word offends most girls I know.

Ramirez

Internet Tough Guy™ to the rescue! The saviour of Net-connected nerds everywhere flies through the night, smiting all who dare have a dissenting opinion to his own with a flash of his greatly exaggerated muscles and deadly threats!

So you like her little "I can whoop anyone's ass" attitude?Please.

ge-man

Sho Nuff said:
It's the only swear word in my vocabulary that goes unused, so I guess that's saying a lot.

It's the same for me as well. There's something extra harsh about the word when compared to other swear words.

belgurdo

Banned
Ramirez said:
So you like her little "I can whoop anyone's ass" attitude?Please.

Did you see me say that, Mister Clairvoyant? No. I personally think she's a shit actress too because she does the same thing in every movie. But a lot of you need to get off your pedestals and stop doing this "they don't like my patron company-WE ARE MORTAL ENEMIES" bullshit, because it makes you look childish and nothing comes of it (other than perpetuating common stereotypes of system loyalists)

Ramirez

"they don't like my patron company-WE ARE MORTAL ENEMIES"

Jump to conclusions much?I never said anything about Nintendo in this thread,just how much I dislike her and that her opinion shouldn't hold anymore weight than anyone elses.

ManaByte

-jinx- said:
If the game developers for Nintendo are actually offended by her opinion, then THEY can come in this thread and discuss it. You're not in a position to speak for them.

x6yt3pwned.jpg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Ramirez said:
her opinion shouldn't hold anymore weight than anyone elses.

If that is the case, what does that say about the person who posted the quote in the first place and everyone who reacted to it? Do they care about her opinion more than others? Seems so.

I don't care one way or another. If some celeb or forum member dissed Burger King, I wouldn't get my undies in a bunch defending the great home of the Whopper. Not sure where all this hatred for someone who answered a question came from.

olimario

Banned
-jinx- said:
If the game developers for Nintendo are actually offended by her opinion, then THEY can come in this thread and discuss it. You're not in a position to speak for them.

In her article, she dismissed GameCube as not having a lot of "mature" games which interest her. If you want to respond to that claim, have fun. Gahiggidy's one-word response of "cunt" is weak shit, though -- when you resort to name-calling, it means you don't have anything factual to fire back.

Just to be clear: I specifically am objecting to the use of that word -- it personally bothers me in almost all contexts. If you and other Nintendo fans want to add Michelle Rodriguez to your list of people you want to hate, go nuts. Feel free to call your friends and use whatever words you want to describe your deep torment over yet another assault on your beloved GC. But it doesn't belong on this board.

It's not just Nintendo's game developers she's insulting, it's all game developers. Why you side with her ignorance and name calling boggles my mind. This isn't bad-acrtress-age. I will abstain from using the C word at your request, however.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I don't understand why someone would say something like that. She went out of her way to dismiss a developer that she isn't interested in. I guess it's the sports team mentality?

Teddman

She's a great interview, seriously. She seems to know more about gaming than 90% of celebrities and sounds off like a real fan. The 1up guy got her to open up and speak candidly about games without a care about who she pissed off, and it's pretty entertaining. I wouldn't even bother to read it if she had said something like, "Oh I dig all the platforms equally, each one has something unique to offer gamers." Because we all know nodoby really feels like that.

For those of you criticizing her, you're taking it too seriously. And besides, which one of you wouldn't respond likewise in such an interview? We all have our personal likes and dislikes about the consoles and their games... I mean, if we were being completely honest.

Speevy

Banned
Teddman said:
She's a great interview, seriously. She seems to know more about gaming than 90% of celebrities and sounds off like a real fan. The 1up guy got her to open up and speak candidly about games without a care about who she pissed off, and it's pretty entertaining. I wouldn't even bother to read it if she had said something like, "Oh I dig all the platforms equally, each one has something unique to offer gamers." Because we all know nodoby really feels like that.

For those of you criticizing her, you're taking it too seriously. And besides, which one of you wouldn't respond likewise in such an interview? We all have our personal likes and dislikes about the consoles and their games... I mean, if we were being completely honest.

But she likes shitty games. Shitty games.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
TekunoRobby said:
I don't understand why someone would say something like that. She went out of her way to dismiss a developer that she isn't interested in. I guess it's the sports team mentality?

Looks like it was a light-hearted interview. But of course things get taken out of context and people react. What she said doesn't really seem that far from the truth. As far as developers being geeks...well, I know a few of them and more than half of them are self-admitted geeks and wear the badge proudly.

ManaByte

Speevy said:
She's right, you know.

*goes back to watching Snoop Dogg and the Spike TV Videogame Awards*

Don't even start trying to bash Snoop Dogg. Snoop Dogg makes ANYTHING instantly better.

If you add a pirate, ninja, monkey, midget, or Snoop Dogg to anything and it's better than it would be without one of them.

Catwoman would've been the best movie in the world if it featured Snoop Dogg and monkey ninjas along with midget pirates.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Teddman said:
That's completely true and now we have a thread dedicated to her. For better or for worse she's now more known in the eyes of the hardcore gamer and that might indirectly lead her to more roles. 1up gets the extra coverage from pissed off fans; she gets notoriety from being so honest.

It still reminds me of the typical child mentality where everything you like is the best and everything else just plain sucks (not to mention you have to let everyone know). I'm completely used to that though so it doesn't phase me one bit. Just suprising to hear from a celebrity having insight and being blunt.

AniHawk

dskillzhtown said:
If that is the case, what does that say about the person who posted the quote in the first place and everyone who reacted to it? Do they care about her opinion more than others? Seems so.

He didn't say "doesn't," he said "shouldn't."

ge-man

If you're getting worked up over this interview, you're taking video games and/or the console war bullshit too seriously. Her opinion isn't a whole lot different than the folks that use these boards and she seems somewhat informed about what she is saying.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
SantaCruZer said:
I got better looking girls in my class. But I am a swede so.
Do you own a digital camera?

ManaByte

ge-man said:
If you're getting worked up over this interview, you're taking video games and/or the console war bullshit too seriously. Her opinion isn't a whole lot different than the folks that use these boards and she seems somewhat informed about what she is saying.

Exactly. Her opinion on the three consoles seems to come from a little place called "reality".

Tellaerin

RE4 vs. SH4 said:
She's probably talking about the role female characters play in most games. They're mostly there to look sexy, cooked up by the fantasies of under-sexed computer geeks. If game designers got laid more, maybe they'd stop thinking "OMG we need a girl with teh huge titties in teh game!!11" and put in a proper female character.

'Proper' in this context can usually be translated as 'plain-faced', 'not involved in any sort of romantic or intimate relationship with other characters in the game' and 'flat as a board'. In other words, 'nominally female, but in truth, gender-neutral'.

Thanks, but no thanks.

I see gaming as a form of escapist fantasy, where the rules of cinematic reality hold sway--the men are handsome, the ladies are sexy, and the conflicts are larger-than-life. The last thing I want is to see that atmosphere sacrificed to mollify people who find the sight of a sexy female character in a game 'improper'. (Or claim that they do, out of fear of being labelled 'nerds' or 'losers' by people like Ms. Rodriguez. :p )

lexi

Banned
MR: It's not GameCube, that's for sure... that machine's for kids. The games are juvenile

I guess nobody's gonna call on the irony of her criticizing the GC in a manner befitting that of a 12-year-old in the schoolyard.

AniHawk

lockii said:
I guess nobody's gonna call on the irony of her criticizing on the GC in a manner befitting that of a 12-year-old in the schoolyard.

Well duh. She owns a Gamecube, after all.

shuri

Banned
I cant believe some of the replies from junior members and regular posters. Is this some sort of comedy thread? The venom being spitted here is insane.

If she was some random female under a japanese sounding login name, and she had posted that opinion here, all you fruitcakes would be praising her, all trying to outclass each other with witty remarks and lamo humor in a sad pathetic race to get her msn number in a desperate attempt a glimpse of her attention. I bet some of you fapped when she mentionned that she liked Virtua Fighter, yet you think youre manly enough to make fun of some chick.. on a message board

ADMIT IT

Top Bottom