• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephen Elop is considered a Trojan horse that ruined Nokia enough to be bought by MS. Prior to leading Nokia he worked in Microsoft and post acquisition he was back in Microsoft.
"The Burning Platform" ended up being one of the most amazing corporate psyops of all time. What a legend.

MS of course bought Nokia phone division and promptly ran it straight into the ground, as is usual with MS acquisitions. Today the old Nokia phone division is in the dustbin of history, alongside Windows Phone. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

bitbydeath

Bernoulli Bernoulli

This is just getting sad.

giphy.gif

Jemm

"The Burning Platform" ended up being one of the most amazing corporate psyops of all time. What a legend.

MS of course bought Nokia phone division and promptly ran it straight into the ground, as is usual with MS acquisitions. Today the old Nokia phone division is in the dustbin of history, alongside Windows Phone. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Buying Nokia was Ballmer's idea and Satya was against it (before he was the CEO). When Ballmer left and Satya became CEO, he promptly closed down the phone business and focused on cloud etc.

X-Wing

Why would somebody Photoshop that? That was posted by SoloKingRobert without comment, you're suggesting he suicided a 5 year old account to take down a fellow Xbox shill by making himself look like an astroturfer?

There are a lot of people with fried brains on the internet...
Acid is an hell of a drug.

skit_data

I wonder if @SenjutsuSage gets paid by MS too.
Guy is relentlessly defending them nonstop.
I think he defended his own wallet more than anything, didn't he say he had quite a lot invested in both companies? If he somehow is associated with MS with a purpose to "spread the good word" he pretty much succeeded in doing the opposite IMO.

That's obviously the case with everyone having an inherent, obvious bias anyway. Most members have some sort of preference but you can sorta tell which ones are "normal" forum dwellers with a favourite console/platform and which ones are arguing from some sort of semi-astroturfing perspective. In my experience it's the complete lack of humour that gives them away.

feynoob

His story about how much he had in ABK stock continually changed iirc.

He also gloated about being given free Gamepass cards and console accessories at Microsoft events, with picture proof.
He once boosted about being an event manager or something like that.
Dude is not normal.

feynoob

I think he defended his own wallet more than anything, didn't he say he had quite a lot invested in both companies? If he somehow is associated with MS with a purpose to "spread the good word" he pretty much succeeded in doing the opposite IMO.

That's obviously the case with everyone having an inherent, obvious bias anyway. Most members have some sort of preference but you can sorta tell which ones are "normal" forum dwellers with a favourite console/platform and which ones are arguing from some sort of semi-astroturfing perspective. In my experience it's the complete lack of humour that gives them away.
Guy has been flip flop with his story.

Topher

Gold Member
To be fair, if you compare the way they write they really don't seem to be the same person.
Also that screenshot would be really easy to photoshop.

SoloKingRobert is much more subdued on GAF than Florian on twitter. That could simply be a matter of trying to stay low key. Not sure why SoloKingRobert would go to the effort of trying to impersonate Florian. It is possible, I suppose.

But to me, Florian insinuating that Idas is also a shill posting on a forum kind of solidified it for me. Misery loves company and Florian wanted to bring someone down with him.

Last edited:

ManaByte

SoloKingRobert is much more subdued on GAF than Florian on twitter. That could simply be a matter of trying to stay low key. Not sure why SoloKingRobert would go to the effort of trying to impersonate Florian. It is possible, I suppose.

But to me, Florian insinuating that Idas is also a shill posting on a forum kind of solidified it for me. Misery loves company and Florian wanted to bring someone down with him.

Looking into SoloKingRobert on XBL, his profile said he moved to SoloKingxRobert. That's what his Twitter account was before he nuked it:
ttYg3w4.png

AuUW6tT.png

feynoob

His panicking and blaming other people shows that his cover is blown away.

ManaByte

SoloKingxRobert nuking accounts as a result of all this? Sounds like more confirmation to me.

All of those accounts (reddit, XB, etc) say he lived in England. Isn't Florian German?

Edit: I don't care if he was this guy or not. The thing I care about is if someone was perm'd following a witch hunt here and he WASN'T actually Florian. That stinks of the old days before the mental patients fled.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
All of those accounts (reddit, XB, etc) say he lived in England. Isn't Florian German?

Edit: I don't care if he was this guy or not. The thing I care about is if someone was perm'd following a witch hunt here and he WASN'T actually Florian. That stinks of the old days before the mental patients fled.
He returned to edit his post to remove the screenshot.
This means he knew what was happening and didn't respond to the accusations.

This is what people do when they get caught.

Banjo64

cumsessed
are you high man?

a witch hunt? can we stop with this absolute bullshit.

he was caught out because he posted his own twitter account and was too thick to crop out his own username.

he then edited the post as soon as it was flagged.

there’s no psy-ops campaign here apart from the people trying to bend reality to protect an iron-clad case of shilling.

feynoob

are you high man?

a witch hunt? can we stop with this absolute bullshit.

he was caught out because he posted his own twitter account and was too thick to crop out his own username.

he then edited the post as soon as it was flagged.

there’s no psy-ops campaign here apart from the people trying to bend reality to protect an iron-clad case of shilling.
That guy never heard of posting a link of a tweet.

Like this link

I don't think that robot can break that.

Topher

Gold Member

Witch hunt, my ass. Either one of two things happened here. 1) It is as it appears and Florian fucked up and posted a screenshot exposing himself as Solo. 2) SoloKingRobert deliberately, falsely impersonated a real person on twitter by photoshopping an image.

Pick one. Either way, the idiot should be banned.

feynoob

Witch hunt, my ass. Either one of two things happened here. 1) It is as it appears and Florian fucked up and posted a screenshot exposing himself as Solo. 2) SoloKingRobert deliberately, falsely impersonated a real person on twitter by photoshopping an image.

His rant against idas disqualifies number 2.

The guy rose to the sky and forgot that his wings were waxed. As a result, his wings is gone like Icarus.

ManaByte

Well if Florian invented an entire separate persona and spent the time to create two Xbox accounts and then get 300,000+ gamer score on one, it's a pretty insane burner scheme.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Well if Florian invented an entire separate persona and spent the time to create two Xbox accounts and then get 300,000+ gamer score on one, it's a pretty insane burner scheme.
Well, not really mate. 99% of people don’t use their real name for online handles and you can change your gamer tag immediately so it’s not like he’s locked in to his alter-ego forever.

I’m not sure what you are suggesting but are you saying all of us haven’t seen correctly with our own eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom