• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelta88

I'm English, I understand it perfectly.

This was a podcast originally so the views on YouTube is pretty irrelevant, point is the rejection of the deal has got wrapped up with Brexit and is not just in the mind of "Xbox Famboys" at all and I've provided proof.

So you know better but you're still committed to posting nonsense in support of the deal.

You're a Brit which means you know Sunak hasn't got the political capital to whether the storm and hurricane if he were seen to do anything which tarnishes the sovereignty of our institutions. Even worse, in support of a conglomerate known within our shores as a tax evader? I think you're trolling.

Like, for real trolling. Or purposely feeding cope to our US brothers who don't understand our political system and nuances.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
What about the UK though?

You missed out the part of my post that dealt with that. When I say this country I mean the UK as I'm English.

"The CMA "made fundamental errors in its calculation and assessment of market share data for cloud gaming services", Microsoft will say at the Competition Appeal Tribunal."

That's part of the appeal, they will dispute that Gamepass Ultimate subscribers = Xcloud users. I presume they have the data to back that up.

Riky

$MSFT
So you know better but you're still committed to posting nonsense in support of the deal.

You're a Brit which means you know Sunak hasn't got the political capital to whether the storm and hurricane if he were seen to do anything which tarnishes the sovereignty of our institutions. Even worse, in support of a conglomerate known within our shores as a tax evader? I think you're trolling.

Like, for real trolling. Or purposely feeding cope to our US brothers who don't understand our political system and nuances.

You have a very simple understanding of British politics. The "sovereignty of our institutions" is like most high reaching political statements, secondary to being open for business. I explained simply the reasoning behind the "red tape" argument earlier which in fact was one of the major pushes of Brexit, remember the straight banana fiasco?
Your limited knowledge doesn't make others with more insight trolls.

I doubt Sunak is all that offended by perceived tax evasion when that claim was levelled recently at his own wife.

Last edited:

feynoob

Bro he's right. Come to dubai, you will see what habibi really means.

She's bang average, and an even worse performer.
Do i look like arabian prince. I will be locked if I look at any of them.
this-checklist-will-make-rich-people-laugh-and-th-2-10128-1511533345-18_dblbig.jpg

feynoob

You have a very simple understanding of British politics. The "sovereignty of our institutions" is like most high reaching political statements, secondary to being open for business. I explained simply the reasoning behind the "red tape" argument earlier which in fact was one of the major pushes of Brexit, remember the straight banana fiasco?
You're limited knowledge doesn't make others with more insight trolls.
Riky, brother dont be american.

feynoob

I sincerely hope you're joking because if not that statement is nothing but ignorance my man. The only cure, travel.
Its a joke about how those instagram models go to dubai and other arabian regions for naughty stuff.

Other than that, arabain women are hot. I have been living in Egypt for 5 years, and some of those girls there are more gorgous than the girls here in my state.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Your limited knowledge doesn't make others with more insight trolls.
You didn't fall for the bendy bananas lie did you? 😂

You missed out the part of my post that dealt with that. When I say this country I mean the UK as I'm English.

"The CMA "made fundamental errors in its calculation and assessment of market share data for cloud gaming services", Microsoft will say at the Competition Appeal Tribunal."

That's part of the appeal, they will dispute that Gamepass Ultimate subscribers = Xcloud users. I presume they have the data to back that up.
You mean the data that microsoft themselves provided?

Banjo64

cumsessed

Again, the CMA used MAU count, internal information and expert analysis. You can keep ignoring that but it makes you look daft.

jm89

That 70% marketshare has been there since the original PF right? Microsoft couldn't challenge it in all these months and suddenly they found the numbers now to dispute it?

Where was it? Behind brads couch?

Will have to see what CAT says, it's probably just them finding another way make themselves look weaker.

Which brings me onto this quote by idas on evidence and diffrent conclusions.

For MS/ABK is not sufficient to demonstrate that the evidence could support a different conclusion. In fact, the CAT won't reassess the evidence and substitute its own views for those of the CMA. The CAT won't even reassess the relative weight to be given to a piece of evidence.

Doesn't seem like whatever numbers MS devise is gonna help them.

Last edited:

Bernoulli

M2 slut
That 70% marketshare has been there since the original PF right? Microsoft couldn't challenge it in all these months and suddenly they found the numbers now to dispute it?

Where was it? Behind brads couch?

Will have to see what CAT says, it's probably just them finding another way make themselves looker weaker.

Which brings me onto this quote by idas on evidence and diffrent conclusions.

Doesn't seem like whatever numbers MS devise is gonna help them.
He also said new evidence can't be introduced that came out after CMA decision

So Microsoft can't play the Amazon Luna cloud that has more subscribers with prime card

I wonder if Amazon knew this and did it on purpose :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
that's the actual original podcast
youtube has a new part called youtube Podcast and if you search it on youtube it looks like that, the views are the listeners

if you check the channel alot of these podcast/videos have 60K views in just 2 days some even have 150k + views in just 2 days

the ABK COD video is irrelevant because the public doesn't care about the subject nothing more

So we've gone from only in the head of Xbox Fanboys, to being in the press but they are "irrelevant", how about the Chancellor of the Exchequer?

Like I said pages and pages ago, there is more to political pressure than direct intervention.

jm89

So we've gone from only in the head of Xbox Fanboys, to being in the press but they are "irrelevant", how about the Chancellor of the Exchequer?

Like I said pages and pages ago, there is more to political pressure than direct intervention.

Softball as softball can get. He reiterates the importance of regulators not being controlled by politicans.
“I think one of the reasons that companies like Microsoft and Google want to invest in the UK is because we have independent regulators that are not controlled by politicians and therefore they can be confident there will be a level playing field.

And even mentions something that even the CMA will agree on.
“But for our tech sector, it isn’t just about being able to get through big deals, competition really matters.”

If this is it for political pressure, CMA will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
More broadly, those sorts of claims are not borne out by the facts. The UK’s games market is rapidly growing. It’s doubled in size over the past decade to its current value of £7bn in 2022.

Last year the UK became the third country in the world to have a tech sector valued at one trillion dollars (£802bn). That’s behind only China and the United States in terms of investment, and the first in Europe by some distance.

We continue to believe, as I set out, that the UK has an extremely attractive tech sector and a growing games market. We will continue to engage proactively with Microsoft and other companies. That won’t change.

Varteras

Gold Member
So that I understand, people here are hoping and cheering for external, political pressure to force an independent regulator to change their ruling because MS is so big they deserve to get their way?
I mean, you've already got people who oppose the idea that Microsoft is or could be any kind of monopoly. All the while insisting that a first-world country could be brought to its knees if Microsoft were to cease operations there.

Pelta88

You have a very simple understanding of British politics. The "sovereignty of our institutions" is like most high reaching political statements,

The UK literally fucked their own economy for this specific reason. Years of campaigning, on this very specific point. We left the European Union and created an economic catastrophe, all based on our sovereignty.

But now, because you want to shill for a corporation and post nonsense to gaslight our American gaming brothers and sisters... I don't understand our politics?

You are trolling. And you should stop trolling.

Last edited:

I mean the whole reason they exist separately to Government proper, is so they do not have to acquiesce to political pressure.

More broadly, those sorts of claims are not borne out by the facts. The UK’s games market is rapidly growing. It’s doubled in size over the past decade to its current value of £7bn in 2022.

Last year the UK became the third country in the world to have a tech sector valued at one trillion dollars (£802bn). That’s behind only China and the United States in terms of investment, and the first in Europe by some distance.

We continue to believe, as I set out, that the UK has an extremely attractive tech sector and a growing games market. We will continue to engage proactively with Microsoft and other companies. That won’t change.

Yeah Microsoft deciding to end their operations or indeed even just reduce investment in the third largest gaming market in the world (by some distance apparently), would be utter foolishness.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
I sincerely hope you're joking because if not that statement is nothing but ignorance my man. The only cure, travel.
Been there ... really nice place .. and very very nice people ... not problems whatsoever ... as anywhere you just have to respect local traditions and laws ...

• Love
Reactions: GHG

IFireflyl

Gold Member
This is interesting...

MzaTkXc.png

How is Microsoft the largest company (highest market cap) in terms of video games?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom